Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 01:55 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
If Trump was already impeached, then what good is a 2nd impeachment? I'm not a Trump supporter. It just seems that it is futile to impeach someone that won't leave office, and that has already been impeached.

How did he even run a second time if he had already been impeached , anyway?
The impeachment is to send a message to incoming Presidents. Trump is should have been impeached 4 times, Trump is that foul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 03:29 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I hope he gets out of political office and just comments on it from the side lines

He can't even leave a McDonald's review anymore because he got banned from all social media. lmao.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:33 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yep he’s going down this time on principal alone.

This is just the beginning, the Republican party has a really big problem. Part of the reason y’all won was because of Trump and his band of loonies. Those loonies now identify as Republicans so good luck getting them out of your party. Most real conservatives independents like myself won’t go no where near that hornets nest till they are Long gone or they form their own party. Look for Thump Jr and Alex Jones 2024
"Y'all"? I'm a former Bill Clinton Dem, turned Indy, turned Republican. The main reason I will never vote Democrat again is: Obama, Luis Farrakhan, Reverand Wright, Byrd, Brennan, Van Jones. We Have the biggest black Racist in his fold, along with the American hating Rev Wright, and two Communists brought into the goverment by Obama. I added Robert Byrd in there just to show that Dems are fine with KKK members as long as they belong to their party

So, in a nut shell the Democrats are fine with Black Racists, White KKK members, and Communists, as long as they are Democrats

Old 01-13-2021, 04:09 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
It's like why bother to arrest and convict a 90 year old murderer if he/she may only have a few years of life anyway.

Trumpers routinely forget we strive to be a nation of laws.
You never turn your back on a "murderer" - in fact you shoot them in the head, twice - right? Kick Trump as many times as possible while he's down so that he stays down.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:40 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It may be more symbolic but I undersand that their are some very real ramifications -- can't run again for example -- for getting an impeachment through the Senate as well as the House.

I always wondered why Ken Starr & Republicans spent so much money and time and resources to have Clinton admit to misbehaving in the Oval Office. What was the point?

Was it symbolic, or just to embarrass him? What was the political gain?

Politicians do things all the for show.
If you can impeach a president for having an affair and attempting to avoid prosecution then this one easily meets the threshold for impeachment. Instigating a riot on the capital that ended up in several deaths and sent congress into sheltering is a no brainer, no need to have an impeachment clause if this doesn't pass.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:48 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
He’s a recidivist president.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:22 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
If Trump was already impeached, then what good is a 2nd impeachment? I'm not a Trump supporter. It just seems that it is futile to impeach someone that won't leave office, and that has already been impeached.

No point, Just a waste of Tax Payer's money.
They can't even begin the impeachment process as Trump has only a week left.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:24 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Because Impeachment fits Trump so well.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you can impeach a president for having an affair and attempting to avoid prosecution then this one easily meets the threshold for impeachment. Instigating a riot on the capital that ended up in several deaths and sent congress into sheltering is a no brainer, no need to have an impeachment clause if this doesn't pass.

No, he was impeached for lying to a Grand Jury in a rape case. HIS.

But the second impeachment seals President Trumps place in history.

First was the Russian Collusion...nothing there. The first impeachment....nothing there. The second impeachment...days before he leaves office.

History will treat President Trump better than the Democrats. Read the history of the Democrats prior to the Civil War.

Yeah, that got pretty good press compared to Lincoln. Lots of folks thought Lincoln would lose the the 1864 election. Press hated Lincoln. BUT guess who is on the five dollar bill today.

President Trump is no Lincoln, So he probably will not show up on the five dollar bill or penny. But historically, he will be measured more for his accomplishments than his tweets.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM

592 posts, read 502,383 times
Quote:

I am sure you were also against the 60 time or more when Republicans tried to end ACA when Obama was President..think about it, is it about 60 cases that Trump has lost or had dismissed in the last one month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies