Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 08:18 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

So far City-Data has been a bastion of freedom.

Facebook locked Ron Paul out of Facebook without any prior warning and without identifying the offending post or action.

After criticism, Facebook has since allowed him back on to Facebook, claiming that it was an accident because he had criticized Big-Tech censorship and that mistakenly flagged his post.

https://fee.org/articles/facebook-su...ch-censorship/

Jason Hartman, the real estate podcaster is claiming that he got demonetized for 30 days by Facebook for responding to another poster that claimed that 'the DC rioters were purposefully trying to subvert democracy in a coup' that the rioters 'sincerely believed that they were defending fair elections.' That seems like a fair statement.

Meanwhile leftists have been allowed to keep up sometimes violent posts and baseless conspiracies about pee tapes and Trump being groomed as a Russian agent since the 1980s.

Democracies require freedom of thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 08:20 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Ron Paul denounced the censorship and because of that he got censored.

So criticizing big tech gets you flagged ?

Old 01-12-2021, 08:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Seems like Big Tech is the one trying to take control over the government.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:31 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Democracies require freedom of thought.
Unfortunately, that notion has become a bit old-fashioned.

Americans have never lived under total tyranny since before the Revolutionary War. There have been good times and bad times, but NOT total tyranny as in USSR style or Nazi style. That being the case, too many people are not opposed to or afraid of it. They have to touch the hot stove to find out why to not touch the hot stove. And the unfortunate side effect is that they are going to force us ALL to touch the hot stove.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Unfortunately, that notion has become a bit old-fashioned.

Americans have never lived under total tyranny since before the Revolutionary War. There have been good times and bad times, but NOT total tyranny as in USSR style or Nazi style. That being the case, too many people are not opposed to or afraid of it. They have to touch the hot stove to find out why to not touch the hot stove. And the unfortunate side effect is that they are going to force us ALL to touch the hot stove.
What we have forming is like what happened in the 40-50's...McCarthyism...accusations with total disregard to evidence. Many lost their jobs, got imprisoned, had their careers ruined and not a shred of evidence was produce to corroborate the accusations of being a communist.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Ron Paul denounced the censorship and because of that he got censored.

So criticizing big tech gets you flagged ?
Sounds like the issue was resolved.

I can't imagine a company making a mistake and then fixing it when the customer complained...what kind of communism is that.

Unfortunately the algorithms for flagging posts on Facebook is bad. I have known lefties who got banned for posting a meme that had nothing to do with anything controversial but a word triggered them being suspended.

But if it happens to be a conservative -- oh my goodness -- they were targeted.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sounds like the issue was resolved.

I can't imagine a company making a mistake and then fixing it when the customer complained...what kind of communism is that.

Unfortunately the algorithms for flagging posts on Facebook is bad. I have known lefties who got banned for posting a meme that had nothing to do with anything controversial but a word triggered them being suspended.

But if it happens to be a conservative -- oh my goodness -- they were targeted.
They took it to the press so the public could see what was happening.
That's what got Ron Paul's Facebook page reinstated.

Ron Paul said he asked Facebook for the reason and they refused to answer him. Go read the full story.

FWIW Ron Paul is a Libertarian.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:39 PM

2,138 posts, read 1,208,096 times
Don't get int a public pissin' match with people who buy ink by the barrel.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:51 PM

200 posts, read 83,081 times
I am a fan of Ron Paul.

Their terms of service probably state that they have the right to ban or delete anybody’s account. If you think about it, it only takes a few seconds to sign up for a free account. I mean, it is a free for all.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:00 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM View Post
I am a fan of Ron Paul.

Their terms of service probably state that they have the right to ban or delete anybody’s account. If you think about it, it only takes a few seconds to sign up for a free account. I mean, it is a free for all.
That depends on how they ban you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies