Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 07:20 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times

Advertisements

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/02...oncedes-467560

“The GOP is dead”

Only need 5 seats. Biden’s job killing, America last and woke policies should be enough for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 07:31 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
History certain favors the GOP to retake the House in 2022, but nothing is a done deal. We'll see how Biden and Pelosi continue to behave over the next two years.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:38 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
http://www.politico.com/news/2021/02...oncedes-467560

“The GOP is dead”

Only need 5 seats. Biden’s job killing, America last and woke policies should be enough for that
If the tide is to change, both sides need to let Trump fade quietly. As long as either side stokes the coals, they risk losing seats. The Dems pushing persecution by any means is going to burn them - they lose the middle ground voter. The Repubs openly trying to distance themselves and aiding the Dems in persecution will cost them the center right. Either way, Trump still has control over the narrative. Leave Trump cut off from social media and ignore him. It's the only way out of this.
The Dems need to stick to the middle ground - stop pushing identity politics but find things that float all boats at the same time while they have power.
The Repubs need to find charismatic young politicians that stick to the middle ground.
Stop the them-us rhetoric and pandering to the vocal minority (far far left and far far right.) Otherwise we end up with more populist leaders.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
I don't think the GOP is dead at all. I do think it is at a 'reckoning' stage. Losing an election does that to a party. January 6th didn't help with that.

They have 2 years to get their act together and they could and take back the House & Senate.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:42 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,674 times
Will they retake the house?

I don't know, I'm not a fortune teller. Is it possible? Absolutely. I would say it largely depends on where the Republican party want to go.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:03 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,249,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Will they retake the house?

I don't know, I'm not a fortune teller. Is it possible? Absolutely. I would say it largely depends on where the Republican party want to go.
Based on changes in apportionment alone they should retake the house.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think the GOP is dead at all. I do think it is at a 'reckoning' stage. Losing an election does that to a party. January 6th didn't help with that.

They have 2 years to get their act together and they could and take back the House & Senate.
China Joe is out the gate early campaigning for them !!!

Old 02-11-2021, 08:59 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
www.politico.com/news/2021/02/08/2020-house-anthony-brindisi-concedes-467560

“The GOP is dead”

The dems should be worried, because the first midterms usually seethe president's party loose seats in Congress

Old 02-11-2021, 09:07 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,688,265 times
I think that true American republicans have now realized that the republican party is no longer the party they want to be aligned with. The current republican party is the Neo Fascist party that exalts totalitarianism and worships the wannabe dictator Trump. Decent people are fed up with the lies and BS pushed on them by people like Josh Hawley who sat with his feet propped up on a desk reading a magazine while videos of the insurrection of our Capitol with people dying were being shown. One Capitol policeman, Brian D. Sicknick, died that day trying to protect people like Josh Hawley and how does Hawley repay his debt to Sicknick...by thumbing his nose at him. Decent people, republicans and democrats, will not want to be associated with a fool like Hawley. Then there is Lindsey Graham...this guy changes his tune more than most people change their socks. Both Graham and Hawley are not serving the people they are serving themselves.

The majority of republicans have put party before country and the people they serve. It is expected that these majority republicans will fail to convict Trump for his act of treason. They are doing this because they believe the voters will not re-elect them if they vote as the evidence clearly shown Trump's guilt. Doing so makes them complicit in the crime of treason, insurrection, and sedition. If you vote for these people you are also complicit and as guilty as the person who slammed a fire extinguisher into the head of Brian D. Sicknick killing him.

Many people are leaving the republican party and many more will not vote for these Trump worshipping who are now in office. It is time to take back the republican party or lose it entirely.
Your choice....a free country with a democracy....or a Trump Fascist government with Trump as your dear leader for life.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:16 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I think that ...
Seriously, step away from the MSN | CNN Koolaid.
The police officer died of a stroke which occurred in his office later in the evening. It had nothing to do with blunt head trauma (he suffered no blunt trauma.) At this point, it is not even proven that he was the one getting hit by the fire extinguisher.
"Neo-facist"? If this democracy is in danger, it is because of people like Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and Chuck Schumer. It's time you really LISTEN to what they say then do the reverse test. If someone of the opposite party said that very thing, would you get mad? Would you be offended?
Both sides of the aisle are the problem right now. They are whipping up people like you into a frenzy. Don't be their fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies