Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 05:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The defense readily accepted the new terms because:

Nonetheless, as Mr. Rittenhouse has no membership, affiliation, or affinity for any of the identified groups, the defense has no objection to a bond modification prohibiting Kyle Rittenhouse from having any knowing contact with any known hate groups or their members.

https://www.wpr.org/sites/default/fi...tion_filed.pdf
See that just gives him deniability because he can always claim “I didn’t know blah, blah, blah” and expect a get out of jail free pass
Like Roger Stone

Old 01-15-2021, 05:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I don't care which side he is or was on. If I see someone defending their own life, like Kyle had done, I will back them. It doesn't matter if it's you or if it's Kyle.
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...rittenhouse%2F

This video,shows Kyle striking a girl from behind several times—two girls are fighting and Kyle attacks the taller girl from behind...
Yeah, he is so brave

Old 01-15-2021, 05:55 PM

23,619 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
The key words here are "defending their own life". Not buying it! And not letting some blind allegiance to the 2nd amendment put me in the position of defending a screwed up individual who went out looking for trouble and found it. That is apparently your bag.
If you don't believe in someone defending their own life then that is on you, no one else.

Old 01-15-2021, 06:14 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Everyone was at fault.... play stupid games and all. They were all out looking for trouble and they all found it. Unfortunately two people lost their lives over some nonsense!

Old 01-15-2021, 06:17 PM

42 posts, read 23,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straberryfields43vr View Post
Been a thing for a while. Downplaying it is sort of a tactic since the new strategy of white supremacy is to hide it. Boots and braces don't work anymore. That's why dog-whistling is a common tactic now.
M'kay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJX...nel=Movieclips

Old 01-15-2021, 06:24 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...rittenhouse%2F

This video,shows Kyle striking a girl from behind several times—two girls are fighting and Kyle attacks the taller girl from behind...
Yeah, he is so brave
notice how he knuckle up at the end of the video. Somebody's beens teaching him how to fight. Hitting a girl
Man I was scoring with chicks at 16 not hitting them. At 17 I was at home studying for my finals not out playing army. What's Wrong with these kids.

Old 01-15-2021, 06:38 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Wish I could buy him a beer....I’d have to pat him down first....

Old 01-15-2021, 07:12 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straberryfields43vr View Post
Context matters
If the context tell us that he was there with a far-right group, then why don't you focus on the context instead of making the OK-sign into something racist?

Making it into a racist sign is exactly what they want. And then they can just change it again, making another hand sign racist.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:41 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,719,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Show where the court said he had to stay away from the PB's. I haven't seen it and you failed to include a link from the judges ruling, so please post it.
to be precise it is a proposal by prosecutors, I should have specified

https://www.aldergrovestar.com/news/...th-proud-boys/

Prosecutors seek restrictions on Rittenhouse after bar stop with Proud Boys

Prosecutors in Wisconsin have asked a judge to order an Illinois teen charged with killing two people and wounding a third in a violent protest over a police shooting to stay out of bars and away from white supremacist groups.

The motion also said five men at the tavern serenaded Rittenhouse with the song “Proud of Your Boy,” which has become the anthem of the Proud Boys, a white supremacist group whose members have been identified as being involved in the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

You can argue if the Proud Boys are white supremacists or not but regardless, prosecutors are seeking him to be restricted from associated with them and going to bars

Last edited by jonbenson; 01-15-2021 at 08:42 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 07:50 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And how do you suppose he knew it was legal to drink underage in a bar with a parent in WI, where he and his family is currently being financially supported by extremists, when it is not legal to do so in the state that he is a resident of?

Publicity stunt, or privilege?
Because he grew up about 5 miles on the other side of the state line, worked in Kenosha, and hung out in Kenosha. When I was 18 I lived 10 miles north of the Mississippi/Louisiana line. 18 was the drinking age in Louisiana, 21 in Mississippi. Guess where all of 18 year olds went on Saturday night.

Knowing the laws of the state next door is pretty common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies