Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 08:34 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

There is a WaPo story that I can't access that says the rioters were about a minute away from getting to VP Pence. That cop we saw backing up the stairs literally drew those rioters one way while pence was in a "safe' area the other way. Save for that cop, we'd be talking about an assassination here. God bless that cop. That's the last thing this country needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 08:37 AM

2,536 posts, read 3,103,423 times
...yet Pence STILL wouldn’t o.k. the 25th Amendment! What a clear example of Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
...yet Pence STILL wouldn’t o.k. the 25th Amendment! What a clear example of Stockholm Syndrome.
It's both surprising and maddening. (It's also not really that surprising)

Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Either because he thought it would create more chaos, or because he thinks it would be bad for the GOP.

I doubt it's because he likes Trump or respects.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:46 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
That’s crazy, he must have been furious at Trump for his statements about him and he had his wife and daughter.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM

2,002 posts, read 762,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There is a WaPo story that I can't access that says the rioters were about a minute away from getting to VP Pence. That cop we saw backing up the stairs literally drew those rioters one way while pence was in a "safe' area the other way. Save for that cop, we'd be talking about an assassination here. God bless that cop. That's the last thing this country needed
Other than left wing rags saying it could have been more violent, is there any real evidence of mass violence?

Not condoning any actions, but the hyperbole is alive.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:50 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Other than left wing rags saying it could have been more violent, is there any real evidence of mass violence?

Not condoning any actions, but the hyperbole is alive.
We should ask Captain Sicknick his opinion. Oh wait, you can't, he's dead.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,483 times
Quote:
Or he's seen Trump up close and knows how much worse it might be if he's provoked again.

I subscribe to WaPo and can read the article. I can't C/P the whole thing but here's some:

Quote:
About one minute after Pence was hustled out of the chamber, a group charged up the stairs to a second-floor landing in the Senate, chasing a Capitol Police officer who drew them away from the Senate

Pence and his family were less than 100 feet away from that landing. If the mob had made it up the stairs seconds earlier, they would have seen Pence and his wife and daughter being moved to their secure location.

The article also references reviewing security footage. I wonder if that will ever get released to the public.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He deserves the medal of freedom. Absolutely selfless sacrifice.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:52 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Either because he thought it would create more chaos, or because he thinks it would be bad for the GOP.

I doubt it's because he likes Trump or respects.
Because it would have been a clear violation of the Constitution as he said in his letter to crazy Nancy.

Instead of just repeating what the idiots in MSM and the Democratic Party say, you should learn about the 25th amendment. It was inspired by FDR's incapacity near the end and the possibility that a brain damaged JFK might have survived the assassination attempt. Its not because somebody says nasty things.

If you think our President is crazy, you are just demonstrating you are 1) a mindless NPC; or 2) crazy yourself; or 3) a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies