Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2021, 12:48 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Did anyone read the article?

Sound like it's PP's own fault....

From OP's source.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1523881001/

And it goes on...

Health Inspections Reports: St. Louis Planned Parenthood ISN’T Safe – or Clean

So, not about the abortions, about the disgusting PP facilities.

And you can google the ambulance runs to the PP facilities in any state. Might want to take the uterus you own and are in charge of, when you get it knocked up, elsewhere.
According to Operation Rescue.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
According to Operation Rescue.
Did they fabricate all the health reports? They have some people inside the DOH apparently???

Old 01-18-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Providing reproductive education, screening services and providing contraceptives help women plan when they conceive. Other services provided LIKE pregnancy testing, prenatal services, childbirth classes assist with a planned pregnancy. This is family planning whether you choose to recognize it or not. Not hard to understand. They are not a full service OBGYN so naturally once the timing of the pregnancy is planned, due to contraception, most women will enlist the full services of an OBGYN. Obviously some women take advantage of the prenatal, childbirth and postpartum services some PPs provide.

Some women do not take advantage of the contraceptive services and find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy. Planned parenthood provides in addition to the prenatal services counseling and referrals if a woman chooses to terminate or put the child up for adoption, thus planning not to have a family at that particular point in time.
What are the percent breakdowns of PP customers of pregnant women as far as:
1. Have abortions at PP
2. Have the baby and keep it
3. have the baby and put it up for adoption

If PP is truly in the "family planning" business, all 3 options should be used equally by its customers, and representative of the population at large.

Is it?

Old 01-18-2021, 01:47 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are the percent breakdowns of PP customers of pregnant women as far as:
1. Have abortions at PP
2. Have the baby and keep it
3. have the baby and put it up for adoption

If PP is truly in the "family planning" business, all 3 options should be used equally by its customers, and representative of the population at large.

Is it?
If I recall you are female and a mother, correct me if I am wrong. Did you plan your children or did you have unprotected and just get knocked up?
If you planned them what was the first step in planning? Pelvic exam and contraception?
When the time was right, what did you do? Consult with a health provider, stop taking your BC, get a pregnancy test?
When you became pregnant, what did you do?
See a health provider, get pregnancy counseling and prenatal care? Follow up with postpartum care.

Those are the things PP does in planning pregnancies.

I dont know the states or if they keep statistics on how many women keep their babies or put them up for adoption. the annual report by PP will show the number of abortions preformed and how many women were provided what service, you can look it up, I posted a link to the 2019 annual report.
I imagine the data is missing because there is no reason they would keep information on if every woman who came into PP for a pregnancy test kept her baby or put it up for adoption.
You can not mandate equal use of services. I may go to PP for contraceptives and never go back. I may go for a pregnancy test then to a private OB. I may utilize prenatal care, they deliver in the hospital with a mid wife. I may go for adoption referral but not follow thru, PP does not follow your case. Women and men go for services they need.

I continued my pregnancies with my OBGYN although I used a local clinic/health department for contraception and for my initial pregnancy tests. If I had opted to abort my OBGYN did not do that so I would have gone to PP or another facility that preformed abortions.
See how that works. XYZ services are offered by various facilities, we can pick and choose which facility we go to for X, Y and/or Z. We dont have to utilize one for all of XYZ nor does any one facility have to provide all of XYZ services.

If you dont feel PP is a family planning service, feel free not to use them for such, not everyone shares your opinion.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Did they fabricate all the health reports? They have some people inside the DOH apparently???
Did they provide the health reports?

Old 01-18-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Did they provide the health reports?

Yes.

Go look at all their articles that link directly to the reports.

You would have known that if you actually looked instead of immediately assumed it was a fabrication.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
If I recall you are female and a mother, correct me if I am wrong. Did you plan your children or did you have unprotected and just get knocked up?
If you planned them what was the first step in planning? Pelvic exam and contraception?
When the time was right, what did you do? Consult with a health provider, stop taking your BC, get a pregnancy test?
When you became pregnant, what did you do?
See a health provider, get pregnancy counseling and prenatal care? Follow up with postpartum care.

Those are the things PP does in planning pregnancies.

I dont know the states or if they keep statistics on how many women keep their babies or put them up for adoption. the annual report by PP will show the number of abortions preformed and how many women were provided what service, you can look it up, I posted a link to the 2019 annual report.
I imagine the data is missing because there is no reason they would keep information on if every woman who came into PP for a pregnancy test kept her baby or put it up for adoption.
You can not mandate equal use of services. I may go to PP for contraceptives and never go back. I may go for a pregnancy test then to a private OB. I may utilize prenatal care, they deliver in the hospital with a mid wife. I may go for adoption referral but not follow thru, PP does not follow your case. Women and men go for services they need.

I continued my pregnancies with my OBGYN although I used a local clinic/health department for contraception and for my initial pregnancy tests. If I had opted to abort my OBGYN did not do that so I would have gone to PP or another facility that preformed abortions.
See how that works. XYZ services are offered by various facilities, we can pick and choose which facility we go to for X, Y and/or Z. We dont have to utilize one for all of XYZ nor does any one facility have to provide all of XYZ services.

If you dont feel PP is a family planning service, feel free not to use them for such, not everyone shares your opinion.
So you think that when women WANT to get pregnant, the first organization they think of is PP?

How?

When PP look at pregnant women as possible abortions per the business model?

Staff don't see babies ... they see abortions.

it's why general OB/GYNs do not offer voluntary abortions. If your own doctor thinks your pregnancy isn't worth sh-t why would you EVER trust her? What women would go to an OB/GYN knowing she just did an abortion, but NOW thinks well THIS baby is totally cool and needs to live? The one an hour ago ... not so much. It's cognitive dissonance, mental gymnastics ...

PP is not an org for family planning, never has been, never will be. It KILLs babies, that's the business model $$$. It does not offer OB services.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Yes.

Go look at all their articles that link directly to the reports.

You would have known that if you actually looked instead of immediately assumed it was a fabrication.
I read the linked article from the blaze where operation rescue claims........no actual health records were given.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
So you think that when women WANT to get pregnant, the first organization they think of is PP?

How?

When PP look at pregnant women as possible abortions per the business model?

Staff don't see babies ... they see abortions.

it's why general OB/GYNs do not offer voluntary abortions. If your own doctor thinks your pregnancy isn't worth sh-t why would you EVER trust her? What women would go to an OB/GYN knowing she just did an abortion, but NOW thinks well THIS baby is totally cool and needs to live? The one an hour ago ... not so much. It's cognitive dissonance, mental gymnastics ...

PP is not an org for family planning, never has been, never will be. It KILLs babies, that's the business model $$$. It does not offer OB services.
Not what I said, not what I think. You just made that up as usual.
What I said and what I think is :If you planned them what was the first step in planning? Pelvic exam and contraception?
So did you have unprotected sex and get knocked up or did you go to a facility for and exam and contraception?

Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
The Missouri DOH is an arm of the Anti-Abortion lobby no one believes their investigation was about women's health, they have done everything in their power to shutdown the clinic. They lost in the courts and the facility is still licensed to perform abortions but are referring them to an Illinois facility a few miles away.

Quote:
In a 96-page decision issued Friday, Missouri’s Administrative Hearing Commission said the clinic’s operations were overwhelmingly safe and that the state health department wrongfully withheld its license. The ruling means the clinic’s license is renewed through May 2021.

“Planned Parenthood has demonstrated that it provides safe and legal abortion care,” wrote commissioner Sreenivasa Rao Dandamudi. “In over 4,000 abortions provided since 2018, the Department has only identified two causes to deny its license.”

The clinic was nearly forced to shut its doors in June, after the health department denied its permit renewal application, citing concerns over multiple “failed abortions,” which required additional procedures, and a patient who suffered life-threatening complications. But Planned Parenthood contended that the state’s argument was “cherry-picked,” and Circuit Judge Michael Stelzer allowed its physicians to continue performing abortions while he adjudicated the case.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ortion-clinic/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies