Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 05:48 PM

17,622 posts, read 13,438,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Ignorance of history is why dems feel they can get away with their hypocrisy. They either don't know that Democrats in the House and Senate called Trump and Bush "illegitimately elected," and challenged state electors, or they do know, but think democrat voters are too uneducated, too partisan, or too ignorant to know or care.
In none of those cases (2000, 2004, 2016) did the Democratic Presidential Candidate claim the election was "rigged". Neither before nor after the election.

That's why it's "not even close"...

Old 01-18-2021, 05:51 PM

45,264 posts, read 26,764,928 times
Democrats who push the envelope in safe districts are untouchable.

Republicans who push the envelope in safe districts get this treatment.

Whatever Cruz and Hawley are accused of, you can bet the other side has done similar or worse. Why don't they sic Beto on Cruz? Oh - they tried that... didn't work.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:05 PM

56,839 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Democrats who push the envelope in safe districts are untouchable.

Republicans who push the envelope in safe districts get this treatment.

Whatever Cruz and Hawley are accused of, you can bet the other side has done similar or worse. Why don't they sic Beto on Cruz? Oh - they tried that... didn't work.
If you have an example of “the other side” objection and asking for a 10 day audit of the nations election system I would love to hear it. You really shouldn’t bet.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,606,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Ignorance of history is why dems feel they can get away with their hypocrisy. They either don't know that Democrats in the House and Senate called Trump and Bush "illegitimately elected," and challenged state electors, or they do know, but think democrat voters are too uneducated, too partisan, or too ignorant to know or care.
Al Gore accepted the 5-4 vote in the Supreme Court and moved on for the good of the country. And yes, there was complaining and disbelief among Democrats when Hilary won the popular vote and Trump squeaked by to win the Electoral College. And there was a giant March on D.C. after Trump won.

But the Democrats didn't file 61 baseless lawsuits and certainly didn't storm the Capitol calling for the death of elected officials on the day the votes were certified in 2017. There is no comparison between the two reactions of the losing parties.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:23 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,606,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ted Cruz has my support . All he wanted was a constitutional investigation in the election to calm everyone down . Congress refused so the events that happened took place . The left did the same thing last year . He is a master at law and was at the top of his law class at Harvard . Far more intelligent than anyone the left can muster up .
You're right. Ted Cruz IS smart. He's also one of the most nakedly ambitious politicians to ever grace the political stage. After Trump called him a liar, said his wife was ugly, and said his father was implicated in the assassination of JFK, Cruz is still trying to hold onto Trump's coattails.

Cruz doesn't believe there was election fraud but is pandering to Trump supporters for his own political gain. Don't fall for it. Cruz is absolutely amoral.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:27 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,821,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Their “truths” have been proven in a court of law to be lies. Unfortunately, millions are just too stupid to understand this. In fact, millions reject the truth, no matter the evidence.
Hmmm I dont know that is a fact. From what I gather most have been tossed due to procedural issues.

That said Hawely and Cruz are puss cases but if we are going after them then we better go after all the elected reps that supported and enabled the racist BLM and Antifa scum. That would but a pretty big dent in the democratic side.

I know I know. Some people did somethings. LOL

Old 01-18-2021, 09:44 PM

56,839 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hmmm I dont know that is a fact. From what I gather most have been tossed due to procedural issues.

That said Hawely and Cruz are puss cases but if we are going after them then we better go after all the elected reps that supported and enabled the racist BLM and Antifa scum. That would but a pretty big dent in the democratic side.

I don’t see BLM protests beings a reasonable comparison to Hawley and Cruz attempts to overturn an election, besides the fact that they are senators. The lawsuits were based on irregularities not fraud, they would have needed to prove fraud.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:22 PM

77 posts, read 31,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Racist BLM??
I would hope that you realize that they were protesting AGAINST racism. How does that make them racist?

Old 01-20-2021, 05:50 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,439,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyn View Post
Racist BLM??
I would hope that you realize that they were protesting AGAINST racism. How does that make them racist?
Right wingers think that BLM are racist toward white people

Old 01-20-2021, 11:07 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,039,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Right wingers think that BLM are racist toward white people
Do you think that black people can't (and don't) HATE white people? At all? Ever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies