Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times

Advertisements

I think it's justified. More than half the country hate that corrupt Biden is our president and that he stole it from Trump plus he wants to completely change the country but NOT in a good way and take our right to speech away and without a hearing, impearch Trump. Ummm, I suggest he get a heck of a lot of protection.

I don't wish him any harm, but do not think it's overprotection. The inauguration is like a death to our country as we knew it.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 01-16-2021 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 09:17 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
20,000 is an overreaction. Probably 1/4 of that would be effective. But then again, I imagine this type of display is a clear message to all of the cosplaytriots who might even have the slightest inkling of disrupting the inauguration -- don't even bother coming here.

The riot on the 6th was made possible by having too small of a security force, that was easily overwhelmed and had to constantly retreat. Rioters were able to physically push back barriers and police. I also think a lot of them were emboldened with the belief (and what turned out to be true -- in all but one case) that they could do this without facing lethal force.

If there had been several thousand NG troops at the Capitol on Jan 6, and it was known beforehand that they had the authorization to use lethal force, I bet the Capitol Riot does not happen. Either that or a dozen Ashli Babbitts would have died at the perimeter while they tried it.

We cannot allow any group of any size to disrupt the ceremony next Wednesday. 20,000 may be an overreaction...but I think erring on the side of caution is more important than underestimating the threat.

Whether you like it or not, I think snuffing out Parler and banning Trump on various social media outlets will go a long way to prevent the sort of organization needed for another successful riot or insurrection attempt.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I think it's justified. More than half the country hate that Biden is our president and that he stole it from Trump plus he wants to completely change the country but in a good way and take our right to speech away and without a hearing, impearch Trump. Ummm, I suggest he get a heck of a lot of protection.

I don't wish him any harm, but do not think it's overprotection.
Thats actually a good point (despite which side you take)...

many people believe Trump was fully involved in what they refer to as an attempt to overthrow the Govt...with this being said...WHY IN GODS NAME IS THE NATIONAL GUARD PROTECTING HIM CURRENTLY?!!!

Old 01-16-2021, 09:18 AM

16,078 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Response: Opinion
I am neither Republican or Democrat.
What I have witnessed was a few angry lunatics among
mostly peaceful protesters ,many with family and children on our capital steps.

The Breach created an embarrassment around the world.
To call such action insurrection is better than sticking your
head in the sand.

Warlords and terrorist countries find it laughable that a few angry
protesters had such easy access to the interior of the Capital while
Neutral Countries are shaken by media coverage which is nothing
short of manipulation to instill fear.

To save face Thousands of soldiers are going to set camp for nothing more than a show of strength.
There is no pending uprising. The streets filled with soldiers would be other wise empty if filled with
the few Democrats that actually support Joe Biden and team.
Make no mistake.
Joe Biden was not voted in as President.
Donald Trump was voted out as President.
There will be nothing but empty streets if
it is not for the military on inauguration day.

God Help our Country. Let up all Pray for a great leader 4 years from now..

Old 01-16-2021, 09:19 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Corollary: If people act like barbarians, they are going to be treated like barbarians.

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
We now live in what is becoming a Communist Police State.

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Deploying 25,000 troops during a pandemic in one building, for a handful of rednecks is the exact type of government waste we can expect from Democrats.

There are more troops in DC than the entire middle east right now.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:21 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not really

Deploying 25,000 troops for a handful of rednecks is the exact type of government waste we can expect from Democrats.
If you don't deploy any, I guarantee a mass of them show up. This is deploying so many that hopefully none show up.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
That is what the US govt does in every crisis situation. First get caught by surprise, then extreme overreaction.
Yup, COVID 19 is a good example

Gov Cuomo is begging to open up the economy again, realizing that telling people to starve and stay home while their mortgages are due and before they can get a vaccine, wasn't a good idea.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
If you don't deploy any, I guarantee a mass of them show up. This is deploying so many that hopefully none show up.
Did that stop ANTIFA/BLM from showing up? No.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ests-critiqued

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies