Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will happen on inauguration day?
Nothing will happen -- Biden gets inaugurated, no one will watch it. 15 32.61%
Trump pulls a 5D chess move and uses the military to arrest deep staters attending the inauguration. 2 4.35%
A few peaceful protests, nothing much. 19 41.30%
Who cares!? I'm so over politics. 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 10:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,473,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
These troops were deployed by the outgoing Admin, as they always are.
They are in place to protect Trump, since he threw his supporters under the bus.

Shame on those NG troops I say!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
The problem is not just those people posting the stuff, they, for the most part, are keyboard warriors but remember this subforum is one of the most popular on City Data and gets thousands of views. All it takes is for one person who has at least moderate charisma to get radicalized on something someone on here posted to set a chain reaction of events leading to violence. That goes for all political viewpoints not just the far-right.

I would bet a hefty sum of money if I was a betting man that either a member or someone who was lurking on this very forum participated in the January 6th event.
Or participated in the Seattle or Portland fiasco. You have posters here who wants to take away voting rights and place people in camps here on city data. I don’t agree with any of those incidents, and I don’t believe all Biden or Trump supporters do either.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,527,253 times
Quote:
The problem is not just those people posting the stuff, they, for the most part, are keyboard warriors but remember this subforum is one of the most popular on City Data and gets thousands of views. All it takes is for one person who has at least moderate charisma to get radicalized on something someone on here posted to set a chain reaction of events leading to violence. That goes for all political viewpoints not just the far-right.

I would bet a hefty sum of money if I was a betting man that either a member or someone who was lurking on this very forum participated in the January 6th event.
In 2016, there was a handful of posters to this forum who posted about the armed revolution that was going to happen in the event of a Hillary win. A few of them are still around and over the years, tend to demonstrate there is nary a conspiracy theory they have not promoted.

Over the years, there has been speculation that the next spectacular mass shooter or domestic terrorist will be a CD poster. Who knows?

Some media Media is looking at social media profiles / groups and posts of those named as being arrested in relation to their engagement at the Capital buildings on1/6. Thus far, Face Book, Twitter, Insta, You Tube and dark web seem to be the preferred media. The New Yorker did a piece on a Georgia guy and was able to track his decent, over time, into QAnon. Same with the woman who was shot and killed who was a prolific Tweeter/ Retweeter.

Easy enough for media to make contact with “ friends” and “ followers” , many of whom are eager to share their perceptions.

Based on the very limited anecdotal profiles, there seems to be some common ground among those who engaged on 1/6.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,527,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Or participated in the Seattle or Portland fiasco. You have posters here who wants to take away voting rights and place people in camps here on city data. I don’t agree with any of those incidents, and I don’t believe all Biden or Trump supporters do either.
There are one hit wonder and long term trolls/ provocateurs on all forums and social media, especially those that are dedicated to politics, health, religion, ideologies etc. Not so much for Auto Repair or Decorating

Old 01-16-2021, 10:47 AM

7,087 posts, read 4,693,732 times
Quote:

Oh please. If you're going there, then there "could" be some leftist radical on here that by his or her words could provoke the assassination of Donald Trump, or could cause riots to start up again, burning cities. Please stop the stupid stuff.

Democrats are looking so dumb!! 20k military sleeping on the floor of the Capitol is such overkill they look like they're afraid because they cheated and they know it.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
FBI, not media, has made it clear, there are credible risks in DC and at state houses, across the country.

The Federal government is going to have 22,000 troops in DC. States are deploying troops to state houses and other buildings across the US.

Media is reporting.

Do you see the difference?
Two things. It's the breathless screaming manipulation the media uses, overemphasizing every word that creates an atmosphere of fear. They're fear mongers.
And the other thing is that the FBI can take a hike as far as their being accurate and trustworthy. That went out the door with Comey. The FBI knew that Jan. 6 could be violent and they did NOTHING!!

This display of 20000 military at the capitol is utterly insane. Sleeping on the floor? Give me a break!! People are not looking at this as a good thing, at least people with common sense. mo

Old 01-16-2021, 10:54 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,175,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
You can't normalize riots and mob rule all year long and then be surprised when it happens again.
Thank you! When you say it’s ok for riots, don’t arrest and stop it ...what can you expect . If you want Law and order it has to be fair and for everyone. Not just when you feel like it

Old 01-16-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
There are one hit wonder and long term trolls/ provocateurs on all forums and social media, especially those that are dedicated to politics, health, religion, ideologies etc. Not so much for Auto Repair or Decorating

lol.....that's true!

Old 01-16-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
These troops were deployed by the outgoing Admin, as they always are.
You seriously cannot believe that the other side did no "convincing" on this decision.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:03 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,818,384 times
I doubt there will be much protesting, rioting from the right. Of course there's a double standard that the right must stay within the law or they are insurrectionists, but the left can burn and tear down everything and it's "I don't care...People will do what they do".

I do think Fortress DC is somewhat of a sham and throwing shade on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies