Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 10:15 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Lee Atwater proved that BOTH parties are weaponizing race. This is what Atwater, who was a major part of the Reagan campaign said in an interview.

Some of what Atwater, a Republican strategist for Reagan, had to say.

Quote:
“As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Y’all don’t quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, ‘(the n word)'. By 1968 you can’t say ‘(the n word)’—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now [that] you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, ‘We want to cut this’, is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than ‘(the n word)’ So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the back-burner.” (Perlstein, 2012).
Quote:
“But Reagan did not have to do a southern strategy for two reasons. Number one, race was not a dominant issue. And number two, the mainstream issues in this campaign had been, quote, ‘southern issues’ since way back in the sixties. So Reagan goes out and campaigns on the issues of economics and of national defense. The whole campaign was devoid of any kind of racism, any kind of reference. And I’ll tell you another thing you all need to think about, that even surprised me, is the lack of interest, really, the lack of knowledge right now in the South among white voters about the Voting Rights Act.” (Perlstein, 2012).
Another Republican strategist, Kevin Phillips, mentioned the Southern Strategy back in 1970.

Quote:
All the talk about Republicans making inroads into the Negro vote is persiflage. Even 'Jake the Snake' [Senator Jacob Javits of New York] only gets 20 percent. From now on, Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote, and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.
Appealing to Whites who who were unhappy about the ascent of Black political power, or resentful to Blacks due to the riots of the 1960s, this was one way the GOP was trying to weaponize race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 11:46 AM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And what do you consider to be the best interests of White people? I certainly don't know what that is.
One example is flooding countries that were almost all white with non-whites. We never voted for that. Do you think homogenous countries of any race want more diversity when it comes to race/culture/religion?

Do most of those living in Japan want more diversity? Notice how countries with diversity have more friction and conflicts associated with it. Does Japan spend $8 billion annually on diversity training like the U.S. does? If diversity is so special it wouldn’t require $8 annually in an attempt to make it work. Plus all these programs associated with it.

Will another 50 years of affirmative action make it better? Has reducing white pop %s in the U.S. improved things?

Do you have a problem with homogenous societies? Bigoted people do.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:54 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
“You’re not really black if you don’t vote for me”
- Joe Biden

“Republicans will put you back in chains”
- Joe Biden

Old 10-31-2021, 11:59 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Democrats have been using race as a weapon to increase their power, and it is working well. Democrat-owned news media (which is most) convinced their audience (of mostly Democrats) that Trump and his followers are all racists. And that Republicans are generally racists also.

Racism is a serious accusation, and Democrats make good use of it. They have been able to cancel, discredit, and shut down opinions that differ from theirs on any issue.

Democrats own most news media, just about all education at all levels, and most of Big Tech. So they control most of the information.

People like me, who don't belong to either party or any ideology, can be called racists simply because we don't agree that racism is a serious problem in the US today. Or because we don't think non-whites are still being intentionally kept down and prevented from succeeding.

Trump is described as exactly like Hitler, even though Trump's daughter and son-in-law are Jewish. And even though the Trumps and the Clintons used to be good friends.

Facts and evidence do not matter. The race obsession has distracted Democrats from important issues, and has made it easy to demonize Trump and his followers.

Of course there are some racists in this country. There are all kinds of crazies and some are violent. The question that needs to be asked is How many are there? Democrats have been implying that this country is full of evil violent racists and white supremacists. The don't give evidence or numbers, they never back up their claims of rampant serious racism.
I think one of the biggest parts of it all is the democrats control the media. That is our demise as a country. The race baiting worked well and will continue to work for the democratic control, but our country will be forever divided due to their selfish actions. It is an interesting study.

Old 10-31-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifonlytheyknew View Post
You underestimate the people who colonized the world.
All races attempt to conquer. Only one has been as successful.

We’ll be fine. Many of us will die for our country. People are waking up.
Well stated. They are waking up. And it seems racism towards whites has become acceptable.

Old 10-31-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
My fear is that White people won't reach the breaking point. We're too civilized and nonviolent to act in our own self interest in a way that will make a difference. Hopefully we will wake up, learn to fight back and prevail or go down in an unimaginable spiral of violence
And this.

Old 10-31-2021, 04:19 PM

At the end of the day, my biggest concern is, on this topic, is this: How am I going to be affected? What's going to happen to me?

Old 10-31-2021, 05:19 PM

The weaponization of race has been done by BOTH parties.

Old 10-31-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
“You’re not really black if you don’t vote for me”
- Joe Biden

“Republicans will put you back in chains”
- Joe Biden
"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are (...) destroying Baltimore."

-Donald Trump

Trump went into race baiting mode as well.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post

Almost every rich white Liberal lives in an all white, gated community... You know, to keep the crime out.
Alot of rich White people, regardless of political affiliation, live in gated communities. Rich people, period, tend to live in gated communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies