Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,799,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
My concern is primarily people who pollute our environment, waste our resources, and perpetuate our disastrous foreign policy through their own habits. My other concern is that morons who live way out in the burbs and drive the huge SUV are now looking to the government to essentially bail them out from their short-sighted and stupid choices.
Public transport pollutes.

Waste is in the eye of the beholder...

How do these morons want to be bailed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 PM

654 posts, read 1,207,154 times
Quote:
Hah, hah. I'm doing just fine. Great career, nice apartment in a wonderful area of the city, great girlfriend, and shock or all shock, I don't even own a car.

My concern is primarily people who pollute our environment, waste our resources, and perpetuate our disastrous foreign policy through their own habits. My other concern is that morons who live way out in the burbs and drive the huge SUV are now looking to the government to essentially bail them out from their short-sighted and stupid choices.
Most of that stuff I can agree with you on. Our foreign policy is a total disaster, but the thing that really pisses me off is the fact that we have all the oil we need right here in this country and we just aren't using it. The government bail outs are a disaster too. Personal responsibility for ones decisions has been put to sleep in this country in favor of the "security" of a nanny state government ready and willing to spend our tax money to subsidize irresponsible behavior.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,135,339 times
Quote:
Let's see: I live in a rural area. My office is 40 miles one way. I own a couple of SUV's and a Lincoln Towncar. We have a boat, a Travel Trailer, couple of motorcycles and the airplane.

AND, I have not asked the government to "bail me out" of anything - how utterly absurd!

You are making judgments on others lifestyles when you absolutely nothing about them. You presume that because you want to maintain your mundain lifestyle, that eveyone should -

Well, you sit in you tiny apartment -

The rest of us are going to have a fantastic summer -

Bye Bye

Old 05-06-2008, 11:11 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,423,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
You sound very bitter. Perhaps its compensation for your own failures and you use your bitterness to as a way to blame others for your lot in life.

**You're not the only one here who can make assinine accusations about other people without even knowing them.

No, this is not a democracy, it's a republic (but this is a topic for another place). Regardless, no matter what you may think, other people going against your most exhalted wishes and driving SUVs is perfectly legal and doesn't "AFFECT you" unless you let it. Now grow up, get a life, stop blaming other people for your problems, and learn that me or anyone else driving an SUV doesn't affect your life. And if you or others like you try, or advocate, taking away my rights then you are most definitely going to hear about it.
Wrong, I live in SUV land and it's a hazard to make a turn as I can never see around them. I actually had a guy flag me the ok sign (of course I couldn't see it myself) to make a left turn, and I actually TRUSTED HIM! What a moron I was. But these are the kinds of things I deal with on a daily basis.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's see: I live in a rural area. My office is 40 miles one way. I own a couple of SUV's and a Lincoln Towncar. We have a boat, a Travel Trailer, couple of motorcycles and the airplane.

AND, I have not asked the government to "bail me out" of anything - how utterly absurd!

You are making judgments on others lifestyles when you absolutely nothing about them. You presume that because you want to maintain your mundain lifestyle, that eveyone should -

Well, you sit in you tiny apartment -

The rest of us are going to have a fantastic summer -

Bye Bye
Do you really need all of this, oh great consumer? Do you not realize that the US uses 29% of the world's resources and only comprises 4% of the population? Does the word "greed" never pop into your head? I could say more, but I won't.

And BTW, you are VERY condescending and I hate that. How do you know Irwin sits in a tiny apartment? Wow, I'd have a few choice words for you but then I would get banned.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I could say more, but I won't.
Please do. It quite amusing!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,135,339 times
Quote:
Do you really need all of this, oh great consumer?

Yes - our family is very active - all are utilized

Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times

Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 PM

654 posts, read 1,207,154 times
Quote:
Do you really need all of this, oh great consumer?
To each according to his ability, to each according to his needs - Karl Marx

Very nice

NEED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

And who are you exactly to say what other people 'need'?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - our family is very active - all are utilized
Yeah, and you did not answer my question. Does the word "greed" never pop into your head?

I noticed you totally skated over my comment about Irwin, IOW, I called it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies