Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 06:59 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
It’s a proven fact that Immigration actually revitalizes economies for many communities. They fill jobs that wouldn’t have been filled, and have a better work ethic than most Americans knowing how lucky they are to even be in America. It’s a shame some people can’t understand the things immigrants bring to the table.
Are you blurring the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens? Legal immigrants in reasonable numbers are not the problem, illegal aliens are. Where do you get off claiming that "immigrants" have a better work ethic than most Americans? This country didn't get to be the successful one that it is by Americans sitting on their porches sipping tea!

Legal immigrants as I said in measurable numbers can be a plus but illegal aliens are not! They cost us over $100 billion a year.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,298,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I would also like to add, what BENEFIT does an 18-year old add to your country?

If an 18-year-old just out of high school confers some sort of BENEFIT to the US and its economy, then some worker with a high school education immigrating from Honduras or the Philippines confers the same BENEFIT.
Enough, let it go. Your argument is:" bringing people, any people, into your country will improve your country's economy." You can't really believe that things are that simple. You just can't.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:02 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,231,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump hired them at Mar-a Lago. Blame him for the problem. He should have done something about it instead of playing golf, tweeting, and watching Fox news all day.
Pelosi hires them at her vineyard.

Blame her for the problem.

20,794 posts, read 9,435,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Now: why is letting an unending stream of random poor people into your country a superior system to one that countries like Canada use? Answer the question.
I did answer that question, though I used Australia instead of Canada. As I said, 30% of Australia's population is foreign born. In Canada it is less, though still over 20%.

In the US, it is not even 14%. If it ever got as high as Canada or Australia, people like you would REALLY be having a hissy fit!

37,048 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We have unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers to do farm work and illegal aliens aren't "immigrants"! Only 2% of illegals are working on farms while the rest took once good paying jobs from Americans such as construction work. No problem hiring legal immigrants but hiring illegal aliens is against the law. If a company can't survive unless they break the law then they need to go out of business. There aren't any jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who do you think were doing them before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? I don't recall businesses failing all over the country before that when they used American workers. Know WTH you are talking about before you spout nonsense! Illegal aliens cost over $100 billion a year they are no bargain for most Americans.
Millions of immigrants who came in through New York and the four main immigration ports on the West Coast.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:04 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Dear America,
If you don't like "Illegals" then stop HIRING THEM.

Sincerely,
Logical America
Dear pro-illegal, law abiding Americans don't hire illegal aliens and we want the greedy employers stopped who do and their illegal workers deported.

Sincerely,
The anti-illegal alien, law abiding, logical America.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:05 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,435,763 times
Quote:
Um, what about the rest of us? You know the vast vast majority that make more than minimum wage and worked hard to get there?

Old 01-16-2021, 07:06 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,298,306 times
Quote:
I did answer that question, though I used Australia instead of Canada. As I said, 30% of Australia's population is foreign born. In Canada it is less, though still over 20%.

In the US, it is not even 14%. If it ever got as high as Canada or Australia, people like you would REALLY be having a hissy fit!
Hahahaha.......dude. Look up Australia's immigration requirements. Your bringing up Australia bolsters my argument, not yours.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:09 PM

20,794 posts, read 9,435,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Enough, let it go. Your argument is:" bringing people, any people, into your country will improve your country's economy."
We actually already did that, essentially, ~100-180 years ago. And we turned out just fine, thank you.

Back in those days, you showed up at Ellis Island (or some other immigrant processing station), went though a quick health check, filled out a few forms and - voila! - you were in, and legal.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:09 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,593,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, and that cheap hamburger at Mc D's will cost twice as much for those low income workers and lost jobs as not as many people can't afford a higher priced burger... no one will go there. They rather go to a diner for the same price.
Perhaps you should work a Midnight shift doing Doordash or Uber Eats because the amount of people ordering from McDonalds is insane and they are willing to pay more than the $15 bucks it costs just to have it delivered to their homes.

People will pay for comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.