Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 05:46 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Does Anyone Know What Trumpers Are Protesting Against on the 20th?

Backing a loser.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The election of 2020 was the same as any other election, with only a few exceptions: A sitting President with mental issues refused to accept the result of his loss, and brought over 50 lawsuits and numerous recounts after the election was decided, and all of these attempts failed. A bi partisan commission of judges, many appointed by Trump, found all legal challenges baseless.

So what are these Trumpists protesting against on the 20th when Pres. Biden is inaugurated?
I think its more about just standing up and showing that what happened over the summer is disgusting. The foundering father wanted democracy without vulgarity. We are seeing a volgar democracy around us these days. People demanding that others support them, take no responsibility for what they are doing, force their morals on the rest of us, and blame everybody around them is wrong.

But like the summer, a good message got lost.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:55 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yeah, my anxiety is going up when MSM talks about this possibility. They were stating last night that the Hoover Dam has been targeted recently. The FBI guy making comments said it's serious. They don't seem to have control over it either.

We are having weird actions being reported on our local news; things like the police seeking info about individuals acting odd and asking where the nearest mosques are. After what happened in Pittsburgh, people need to take all this stuff seriously.
The country will survive, as will you. Just like they did in the 70's when Obama's mentor, Bill Ayers, led his terrorist followers to:

Bomb the Capitol
Bomb the Pentagon
Conspire to bomb the office of a CA State Senator
Rob a Brinks truck, resulting in the deaths of three people, including the first black police officer on the Nyack police force.

Ayers objected to being described as a terrorist, saying "Terrorists terrorize. They kill innocent civilians, while we organized and agitated. Terrorists destroy randomly, while our actions bore, we hoped, the precise stamp of a cut diamond. Terrorists intimidate, while we aimed only to educate."

Apparently, cops and senators weren't considered innocent, civilians, or both.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think its more about just standing up and showing that what happened over the summer is disgusting. The foundering father wanted democracy without vulgarity. We are seeing a volgar democracy around us these days. People demanding that others support them, take no responsibility for what they are doing, force their morals on the rest of us, and blame everybody around them is wrong.

So, the idea is to protest being disgusting by being disgusting?

I don't that's gonna work any place outside of a slapstick comedy.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:15 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

They are protesting for one reason only, they think Trump won the election in a landslide maybe you missed the lawsuits and objections of the GOP. Try not to make this to complicated with some random philosophical theory, they couldn't accept the election loss and neither could Trump.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:21 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
The election of 2020 was the same as any other election, with only a few exceptions: A sitting President with mental issues refused to accept the result of his loss, and brought over 50 lawsuits and numerous recounts after the election was decided, and all of these attempts failed. A bi partisan commission of judges, many appointed by Trump, found all legal challenges baseless.

So what are these Trumpists protesting against on the 20th when Pres. Biden is inaugurated?
Any chance you will calm down about people who don’t think exactly like you think and give it a rest after the 20th OP?

Old 01-18-2021, 06:21 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:

What are you talking about? What protests? They aren't protesting anything. If you're talking about that dumb flyer that fools no one, it wasn't made by Trump supporters. We don't use Chinese communist colors, and we wouldn't put it on a flyer - antifa would, but not Trump supporters.

There is NO PLAN at all for anyone to be "protesting" anything. Is this the new narrative? They say that Trump supporters are going to be protesting on the 20th? Where? In DC?

Is that the narrative being pushed? Because if so, then the theories coming out lately are making more sense, even though I thought they were far fetched when I first heard them.

So, I'll share the big theory - because a lot of people are aware that something is off.

You don't put 25,000 NG troops in DC when no one is even going to be at the inauguration. And you don't then disarm them (not allow them to carry rounds) because your senile "elect" thinks that the Republican NG members are going to try to shoot him - yes, you know that's being said by the lunatic Dems Weren't we told that the military supported Biden? Weren't we told that 100% of military ballots in one area went to Biden? Yet he's scared of the military?

If anyone can look at what is happening in DC right now and not think, "This isn't adding up - there's something more going on that they aren't telling us", then you're either a paid shill who puts out disinformation on here, or you are the most clueless fool to ever walk the earth.

The way that everyone overreacted about Jan 6th tipped off my "BS" meter. (It's never wrong - just like the Covid over reaction that I've been saying since day 1...you'll see.) It wasn't about trying to get everyone to forget what pantifa does, it was because they had plans to use that day to their advantage - with lies and over reaction. Politicians and media alike acting like they barely made it out of there with their lives, using headlines like "What Life After The Siege Is Like", I mean, it's so blatantly obvious that they are building a scene for a specific purpose.

How many of you are getting it? I'm going to bet the mouth breathers on the left aren't getting it. They always make excuses. How about the righties? Are you getting this idea that you know, things just aren't adding up here? Or are you still half asleep despite everything that has happened this year?

So, here's a theory that's been floating around the last couple of days by quite a few people:

Some people believe that they are going to off Biden and install Kamala after she's sworn in. They will blame it on Trump supporters, the NG won't be able to 'fire back' because they took their magazines, there won't be people down there watching or protesting so there will be no cameras to see anything at all. Yes, the news will be there but of course, none of their cameras will catch anything, except maybe one, and it won't be a good angle or image anyway. I'm sure they'll plant someone to either leave a note or get caught and it/he will say he's a Trump supporter, here's why he did this, blah blah blah.

And just like that - they get rid of Biden, who was always a front - the common name to get people on the left to vote at all because NO ONE liked Kamala - did we all forget that. So, in one fell swoop:

Get rid of Biden.
Stop the Hunter Biden investigation because "muh sympathy".
Wage war on Trump supporters because people are dumb enough to fall for everything the last 4 years.
Cause some Republicans to turn on their fellow Republicans - because "outrage" and "muh sympathy"
Martial Law - you WILL obey the Dems even if they have to force you.
Gun confiscation because 'muh sympathy".

They get all kinds of things done right off the bat, and no one will question them because everyone will be talking about the "evil Trump supporters" and falling all over themselves to cry for the Dems, completely forgetting that the Dems stole the election, are traitors to the country, and have an "elect" who is beyond corrupt, and that they have the "squad" salivating so hard right now for that power, that they can't even contain themselves and are yelling at Cruz and others to "leave". (AOC)

I did not make up this theory, but apparently it's a theory that many have thought on their own. When you get many people thinking the same thing, and one person voices it - allowing others to say, "I was thinking almost the same thing", at best, it shows how much distrust many have in government anymore, at worst, they'll be right, or will have parts of it right.

There is no scheduled Trump supporter protests in DC on the 20th. That fake flyer was the dumbest thing we've ever seen. That's a flyer the left would make, not a Trump supporter who actually loves his country.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:28 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Nonsense.

Canada and Australia are pluralistic, multicultural societies. They're working fine.

Democracy doesn't work when one side says IT ONLY COUNTS WHEN WE WIN!, which is the current thinking of the GOP. All you're doing is trying and dress up your dislike of non-European peoples and cultures as 'concern' for democracy.

You mean the Brooks Brothers riot? Oh, wait -- that was Bush supporters shutting down vote-counting in Miami-Dade.

Fact:
Florida was up in the air. Period. It wasn't a margin of tens of thousands of votes but of hundreds. And a systematic statewide recount was the gold standard for determining the winner of such close elections. Before he race for President, Governor Bush signed into law a provision in Texas stating as much -- then did a 180 and hypocritically opposed the 2000 recount.

Fact:
When the USSC rule, Gore gave a speech stating flatly that the process had determined a winner and that winner was George W. Bush.

Fact:
Hillary Clinton conceded and acknowledged that, regardless of possible influences on the election, Donald Trump had won the election.

So nice try shoveling the false equivalency but it's complete and total BS.

FACT: Gore only wanted to recount in dem cities.....like it or not....oh well, that is what many were protesting, not to just stop all counting.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:11 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What are you talking about? What protests? They aren't protesting anything. If you're talking about that dumb flyer that fools no one, it wasn't made by Trump supporters. We don't use Chinese communist colors, and we wouldn't put it on a flyer - antifa would, but not Trump supporters.

There is NO PLAN at all for anyone to be "protesting" anything. Is this the new narrative? They say that Trump supporters are going to be protesting on the 20th? Where? In DC?

Is that the narrative being pushed? Because if so, then the theories coming out lately are making more sense, even though I thought they were far fetched when I first heard them.

So, I'll share the big theory - because a lot of people are aware that something is off.

You don't put 25,000 NG troops in DC when no one is even going to be at the inauguration. And you don't then disarm them (not allow them to carry rounds) because your senile "elect" thinks that the Republican NG members are going to try to shoot him - yes, you know that's being said by the lunatic Dems Weren't we told that the military supported Biden? Weren't we told that 100% of military ballots in one area went to Biden? Yet he's scared of the military?

If anyone can look at what is happening in DC right now and not think, "This isn't adding up - there's something more going on that they aren't telling us", then you're either a paid shill who puts out disinformation on here, or you are the most clueless fool to ever walk the earth.

The way that everyone overreacted about Jan 6th tipped off my "BS" meter. (It's never wrong - just like the Covid over reaction that I've been saying since day 1...you'll see.) It wasn't about trying to get everyone to forget what pantifa does, it was because they had plans to use that day to their advantage - with lies and over reaction. Politicians and media alike acting like they barely made it out of there with their lives, using headlines like "What Life After The Siege Is Like", I mean, it's so blatantly obvious that they are building a scene for a specific purpose.

How many of you are getting it? I'm going to bet the mouth breathers on the left aren't getting it. They always make excuses. How about the righties? Are you getting this idea that you know, things just aren't adding up here? Or are you still half asleep despite everything that has happened this year?

So, here's a theory that's been floating around the last couple of days by quite a few people:

Some people believe that they are going to off Biden and install Kamala after she's sworn in. They will blame it on Trump supporters, the NG won't be able to 'fire back' because they took their magazines, there won't be people down there watching or protesting so there will be no cameras to see anything at all. Yes, the news will be there but of course, none of their cameras will catch anything, except maybe one, and it won't be a good angle or image anyway. I'm sure they'll plant someone to either leave a note or get caught and it/he will say he's a Trump supporter, here's why he did this, blah blah blah.

And just like that - they get rid of Biden, who was always a front - the common name to get people on the left to vote at all because NO ONE liked Kamala - did we all forget that. So, in one fell swoop:

Get rid of Biden.
Stop the Hunter Biden investigation because "muh sympathy".
Wage war on Trump supporters because people are dumb enough to fall for everything the last 4 years.
Cause some Republicans to turn on their fellow Republicans - because "outrage" and "muh sympathy"
Martial Law - you WILL obey the Dems even if they have to force you.
Gun confiscation because 'muh sympathy".

They get all kinds of things done right off the bat, and no one will question them because everyone will be talking about the "evil Trump supporters" and falling all over themselves to cry for the Dems, completely forgetting that the Dems stole the election, are traitors to the country, and have an "elect" who is beyond corrupt, and that they have the "squad" salivating so hard right now for that power, that they can't even contain themselves and are yelling at Cruz and others to "leave". (AOC)

I did not make up this theory, but apparently it's a theory that many have thought on their own. When you get many people thinking the same thing, and one person voices it - allowing others to say, "I was thinking almost the same thing", at best, it shows how much distrust many have in government anymore, at worst, they'll be right, or will have parts of it right.

There is no scheduled Trump supporter protests in DC on the 20th. That fake flyer was the dumbest thing we've ever seen. That's a flyer the left would make, not a Trump supporter who actually loves his country.
It is very amusing witnessing the downward spiral of hysterical trumplettes.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:28 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Yep, we all witnessed a magic show.

We all know there is no such thing as magic

We all know it was a trick, cannot figure out how the magic trick was performed

For the first time in history, voters selected a mentally diminished candidate for president. We have seen candidates like Dukakis and Rick Perry's presidential runs decimated by the press when they flubbed a question. There was no way the media or voters would tolerate a candidate who gave the slightest hint he didn't have all his marbles.
I agree, 74M voters selected a mentally diminished candidate for President. It just wasn't Joe Biden.

As for what people are protesting for? I know! These Trumpers want a government hand-out. That's what they were asking for at the Capitol Riots. For the government to hand-out another 4 years for Trump.

And this Biden-Dementia thing is ridiculous.

This was the line we heard all summer long - Biden has dementia - Biden is drooling all over himself and needs his diapers changed. And "this will all come out at the debates when Trump runs circles around Biden."

Except that didn't happen. Biden stood up to Trump and handled him very well. He actually discussed topics and dismissed Trump out of hand.

The only issue Biden has shown is his stutter. Turning his non-fluencies into some sort of mental incapacitation is simply sad. He's been stuttering for decades. This isn't a new problem.

What boggles my mind is how Trumpers act surprised when:

- Trump did little to expand his base
- Trump's market gains were worse than Obama
- Trump's unemployment rate was worse than Obama
- Trump's GDP was worse than Obama
- Trump's economic figures were mostly worse than the previous 1-term President
- Trump downplayed the biggest issue facing America today
- Trump was quick to give huge hand-outs to the wealthy but not so much for the average American when they needed it.

And then act surprised that Trump lost. What fantasy world were they in?

Listen, Trump was very popular with his base. But his base was not large enough to carry him over the top. The difference between 2016 and 2020 is that people took a chance on Trump out of disgust for Clinton or they just stayed home rather than hold their nose and vote for Clinton.

In 2020, these people showed up to rebuke Trump. That's all there is to it.

Remember when in 2016 Trump claimed that he only lost the popular vote because of illegal voting? And he started an investigation into it.... and found zero illegal votes. Zero. If you can't find a single illegal vote in 2016, where do you think you are going to find 7M+ illegal votes this time around?

Last edited by dspguy; 01-18-2021 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies