Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 03:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Video of insurrectionists stealing documents on the senate floor. “I think Cruz would want us to do this so I think we’re good.” Great work,
@tedcruz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270F8s5TEKY

They remind me of ISIS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 03:42 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Beating police with pipes and flag staffs, damaging federal property, killing a cop, overtaking congress and threatening Mike Pence with a lynching, threatening the lives and safety of non-supporters of Trump. This is anarchy, mutiny, rebellion, insubordination, rioting, violence, white supremacy and blatant insurrection. It's shameful.

There are collaborators, congressmen and women, that steered your infiltration into Capitol Hill. They are traitors!

And what does the USA do to BLM protesters? Just blows the mind how blatantly racist and self-serving your president is.

I pray God open your eyes! I pray for your president to receive healing of mind and spirit. He is ill. And so are the rioters. Sick in mind and spirit. I pray for the best for all.
Preach it, Kitty!

Old 01-17-2021, 03:49 PM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
lmao..the QAnon shaman was working his magic!!!..you go boy!!..

Old 01-17-2021, 03:49 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Beating police with pipes and flag staffs, damaging federal property, killing a cop, overtaking congress and threatening Mike Pence with a lynching, threatening the lives and safety of non-supporters of Trump. This is anarchy, mutiny, rebellion, insubordination, rioting, violence, white supremacy and blatant insurrection. It's shameful.

There are collaborators, congressmen and women, that steered your infiltration into Capitol Hill. They are traitors!

And what does the USA do to BLM protesters? Just blows the mind how blatantly racist and self-serving your president is.

I pray God open your eyes! I pray for your president to receive healing of mind and spirit. He is ill. And so are the rioters. Sick in mind and spirit. I pray for the best for all.
Anyone who believes the ropes being carried were anything more than an effigy is truly a moron.
The Capitol police opened the doors for these rioters.
BLM doesn’t get held responsible. The USA does nothing to them.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:50 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
lmao..the QAnon shaman was working his magic!!!..you go boy!!..
They also seem to see this as a holy war. Think about that.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No fires, no spray paint on walls, no knocking down of the statues, no destroying of the pictures on the walls...
Obvious you didn't watch the video. Those who chose not to see remain blind.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:59 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obvious you didn't watch the video. Those who chose not to see remain blind.
I am baffled by those who compare the Capitol mob with the riots this past summer. I grant that they are two different forms of rioting. The biggest difference and the one that makes irrelevant any comparison is that the Capitol building riot was a product of a rally featuring the president of the United States, the leader of the free world. That's what makes it individually historic.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:04 PM

726 posts, read 328,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
...you vile leftists.
Wow, such hate! Entirely undeserved, I might add.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I’ve been saying that all along. Lots of different groups with different agendas.

I want to see the CCTV footage from the security cameras. I wonder if we ever will.

Some of these people, the ones who weren’t threatening to kill people or flying in on jets or breaking stuff or assaulting cops - I can’t help but pity.Trump, Cruz, Harley etc exploited them. Whipped them into a frenzy and convinced them that the fate of the nation wa s at stake and they were being asked to save it.[/b] I don’t think for a second any politician believes the election was stolen. To them it was a game to get votes.
I can't help but pity some of them too. I don't want politics to get in the way of my humanity. Many of these people had no criminal record, no extremist ties and based on this group no deadly intent. They have really messed up their lives. Family too.

They seem to see this as an act of justified civil disobedience. Truth seekers even by the way they were taking photos looking for "evidence". Another poster noted the praying too.

I gotta be honest here...I have issues when people use moral relativism...how many times have we seen celebrities commit acts of civil disobedience against the government? They DO break the law and get arrested, yet it's glorified. There are so many of them I can't keep track; Jane Fonda (A LOT), Daryl Hannah, Shailene Woodley, Sean Penn, George Clooney, etc., I could go on and on. If they think the gov't is lying about something (sometimes they are wrong too) it's still OK and they come out as heroes even though they broke the law. If you are in the "right crowd" handcuffs are cool.

These people are "true believers" in their cause too. I hope intent and actual dangerous behavior is factored in when judging them.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:49 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
So unfortunate.

Though this one still takes the cake...folks you couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbBA0_62K6M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies