Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 11:03 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Much of the "divide" is about race. It's not a leftist thing. It's a racist thing...

Remember what the BLM protests were all about? What brought them on? You going to brand all BLM protesters with this malt liquor brand of racism your pushing here? I know white people who were part of those protests, and they didn't steal anything or promote any violence. Most of the people involved in those protests, white and black, were peaceful law-abiding people.

It seems every person that stormed the White House is white, and there were a lot of them. Mostly white males who were just as the article describes. Then too all the ones outside. Too many carrying weapons and not for safety reasons!

Again, the differences are significant and anyone who wants to suggest that they are the same, well then you Trump supporters ought to remember your opinion of the BLM protesters and apply the same sort of "law-and-order" judgement in the same way. Problem is, these are not just law-and-order issues, and not just about the "bad apples." The "divide" is about a whole lot more than just law-and-order. Just for starters...

But time for me to get on with our customary Big Sunday Breakfast here, so for me the fending off of Trumpism will have to wait until maybe again tomorrow.

Here's to no more than four of the worst years America has had to endure, marked by what is looking to be the lowest approval rating of any outgoing POTUS in America's history! Snap out of it already!

You write this above, and prior you wrote the following:

Quote:
Right, and not the same by any means...

Ever have a good look at the goons that stormed the White House? Not only do I find myself forever asking "who ARE these freaking people?" My next thought is thank goodness they aren't black folks! I'm not sure I've seen a black person in any of those pictures yet. That tell you anything?

Wasn't just black folks at the BLM protests either. Not the same by a long shot! Unless you're a little Trumped in the head...

Why don't you tell us what you meant by the bold? I'll wait....not holding my breath....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 11:03 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Do have mercy...

Of course even assassinations have happened before. Of course political violence is nothing new. What in the name of crazy nutty are you pushing here?

Almost reads like if Trump were assassinated, you would simply shrug it off as "not a new thing."

Not only who ARE these people, but who in the hell are you!?!

Nowhere near me I sure hope...

Did you see how many assassination attempts were made against Trump in the link I provided? Pretty much every US president has had to deal with assassination attempts, though most were not very good attempts thankfully. The fact is, political violence is as old as politics itself. I'm sorry you are so ignorant of that fact. Now you have a better understanding of the world you live in. You're welcome.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:10 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Some of these people are also just into anarchy/nihilism/chaos too. I see hints that the guy in the OP was potentially a Trump supporter, sure, but then you also have people like John Sullivan.

Right now he is being held up as proof of BLM/Antifa, but I've been reading a lot about him and I am fairly certain it's different and that's not what he is. He seems to be more into chaos, riling up stuff no matter the side, trying to generate clicks for his YouTube channel, an agent provocateur.

There may have been some counterprotestors from the left too, sure. There is a lot still to sort out.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:20 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
There is no question there are always violent nut bags wherever and whenever the sheet hits the streets. That's why it's always best to do what keeps the civil unrest from happening in the first place. Or not doing what causes people to protest in the streets...

The BIG difference is the make-up of the majority protesting. Who they are, what they're about, the number deemed dangerous, the subsequent arrests made and the nature of the charges. Anyone who thinks the BLM protests are the same as the siege of our nation's capital suffers from the worst form of confirmation bias, because the differences are obvious and significant on many levels.
Anyone who excuses criminal behavior because they agree with the cause is a hypocrite and should never sit on a jury.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Thank goodness the judge has the wisdom to deny him bail, and refuse to release him before trial.

Wish they were doing that with more of these nuts. Hold 'em there until they can be tried.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...hout-bond.html

Old 01-17-2021, 01:12 PM

423 posts, read 186,521 times
'Raz Simone' the "rapper" and "warlord" of Chaz, the autonomous zone of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighboorhood, distributed AR-15s to his under-aged followers, leaving six murders behind.

In Eastern Europe these spoiled minority bastards would be hung from the lamp posts on the main street.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:14 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
'Raz Simone' the "rapper" and "warlord" of Chaz, the autonomous zone of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighboorhood, distributed AR-15s to his under-aged followers, leaving six murders behind.

In Eastern Europe these spoiled minority bastards would be hung from the lamp posts on the main street.
This is disgusting and not helpful.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:18 PM

2,138 posts, read 1,207,283 times
Maggots. They need some Permethrin

Old 01-17-2021, 01:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Rioter Williams is a Utah BLM leader
The idea that this was just a gop job is false
It’s a mob and mobs are all alike
They don’t need a reason just an excuse

Old 01-17-2021, 01:23 PM

636 posts, read 328,318 times
I remember the late 60's when the heroin dealing Black Panthers were marching down streets with machine guns and ammo belts over their shoulders. I guess they were Trump lovers but did not know it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies