Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 01:41 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times

Advertisements

Leftists planned attack on Trump supporters. FBI caught and arrested him. Nice to know that not everyone in the FBI hasn’t totally sold out to the left. Good job. I bet this one leftists would have caused more human casualties than all the DC Trump supporters together did.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-flori...ahassee-antifa

The country is going crazy. People on both sides need to tone it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 01:46 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
I've read about that guy. It looks like he was preparing for Trump supporters to launch an armed assault on the 20th, and wanted to rally people to defend against it. This is more potential violence caused by Trump.

I agree both sides need to tone it down. Trump's violent supporters need to stand down and realize they are acting like terrorists, and those on the left need to trust the authorities to do their jobs.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Leftists planned attack on Trump supporters. FBI caught and arrested him. Nice to know that not everyone in the FBI hasn’t totally sold out to the left. Good job. I bet this one leftists would have caused more human casualties than all the DC Trump supporters together did.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-flori...ahassee-antifa

The country is going crazy. People on both sides need to tone it down.
Yes, I mentioned this before; the FBI is warning about extremists from all sides. One FBI guy on TV stated some of the people causing violence this summer may be out. They are hearing all kinds of alarming chatter.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:58 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I still believe that for every 1 Right Wing Whacko we have 5 maybe 10 unhinged TDS affected Loonies. How many times over the last 4 years have we seen Trump haters destroy private property and beat up on people? We hardly ever hear of someone on the Right, a Trump supporter getting rough with a Democrat but when it happens the media is all over it.

Case in point the near nightly riots this Summer across the country and the media told us again and again that it was peaceful but a few hundred Bozos bust into the Capital and all of a sudden it is insurrection and they are trying to over turn the election etc etc...

There are idiots on both sides but why does it seem that the most violent and twisted ones are from the Left?

I hope they can catch them all before innocent people are hurt.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yes, I mentioned this before; the FBI is warning about extremists from all sides. One FBI guy on TV stated some of the people causing violence this summer may be out. They are hearing all kinds of alarming chatter.
That's what I heard, too, from a local DPS guy who's doing plain clothes observation.

They're hearing ALL KINDS of chatter.

You can't hardly click into national news that they haven't arrested ANOTHER nut headed out with lethal weapons bent on mayhem.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:01 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Now that the feds are finally taking the domestic terrorism threat seriously, there should be no reason for vigilante justice.

Let the cops and national guard deal with them.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:55 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I've read about that guy. It looks like he was preparing for Trump supporters to launch an armed assault on the 20th, and wanted to rally people to defend against it. This is more potential violence caused by Trump.

I agree both sides need to tone it down. Trump's violent supporters need to stand down and realize they are acting like terrorists, and those on the left need to trust the authorities to do their jobs.
I would also add the violent ANTIFA rioters need to stand down as well. But yes everyone needs to step back and take a breath.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:10 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I would also add the violent ANTIFA rioters need to stand down as well. But yes everyone needs to step back and take a breath.
The interesting thing about that is 'antifa' isn't an organized group. Read the base articles (not from Fox) about this person mentioned in the OP. 'Antifa' isn't mentioned. 'Antifa' is a bogeyman right wing news sources place on any violent acts by anyone who isn't self-proclaimed right wing. It's a scare tactic more than anything. Claiming something was the act of a random violent thug doesn't make for a compelling news story. Claiming it was 'the work of Antifa' makes people nervous, which is what right wing media wants.

There are news sources on both sides of the isle that are harming more than helping.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:13 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Trump lost, be adults, go home....

Old 01-17-2021, 04:35 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Trump lost, be adults, go home....
Who are you even talking about and what does that mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies