Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 06:53 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times

Advertisements

I never really used Twitter much until the last few months. Cancelled my account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Says the team who screams discrimination when it suits them and regulates the ^*+! out of everything it can because govt is their religion.
Welcome to being part of the problem. Embrace
I wish I could say I told you so to them when the inevitable outcome of all of this is that we are run by the CCP. Too bad they shoot you if you speak out against them so I won't be able to.I wonder how many of them have even heard of Tiananmen Square. I am guessing it's a low number, Bob. (My Card Sharks answer).

Old 01-18-2021, 06:57 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Twitter is definitely ran by facists, the would censor people they disagree with regardless what the topics are whether it's about Trump, Covid, or China.

Response: Opinion

The Cancel Culture holds power only if we are participants.

Deleting your accounts is sending the message.

It is not you the Social Network it is WE THE PEOPLE...

Old 01-18-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And what is it you're part of?
He's is part of the people who believe in freedom of speech. It's too bad so many of you don't even get how or why that's important.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:00 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah you might want to do a wee bit more reading about facism...it's not what you think.

And Trump was banned not for being a conservative but for continually lying.

All his kids are still on -- ranting and raging about free speech...blah blah.

Name a conservative -- they have not been banned.

Yes QAnon banned, Russian bots banned....that's facism?
I don't have a problem with Trump getting temp banned.. But banning him permanently was a strategic move by Twitter. They've been waiting to ban him when he steps out of office.

There are plenty of people that should be perma banned on the leftist side and not banned because Twitter is ran by leftists.

You can't have a bias group of people be judge and jury at the same time.

I don't really give a damn about Twitter but just like Starbucks or any establishment they can't treat people with bias and violate people's freedom of speech using their bias.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:00 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I never had an account, but the crybabies whining about a private business deciding who they'll do business with is laughable coming from those who say we have too much regulation as it is. Someday, maybe they'll be honest and praise the regulation they agree with, but I doubt it.
Honest? Ha ha ha... That won't happen.

It's funny to watch people find out that they don't own social media and that they signed a TOS.

Violate the TOS and you get banned. It's that simple.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:07 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

The Cancel Culture holds power only if we are participants.

Deleting your accounts is sending the message.

It is not you the Social Network it is WE THE PEOPLE...

Twitter is at the wrong here because when you post anything on Twitter it is just like a personal text message directly to someone. Except on Twitter you send message to people that follow you. So your first amendment rights should be upheld here because you AREN'T sending some kind of public message unless people follow you or search up your message.

Trump or anyone posting lies on Twitter is not the same as sending a lie on a public website or public message on TV or Radio.

We have a country where the Robocalls spamming scams and the government doesn't stop yet Trump or anyone sending lies or hate messages we stop right away!!

Twitter doesn't stop all the scams and fake news on their site but they keep a watch on people they disagree with and act on banning those they want to take down.

Because they knew back in 2016 they were more fair back then and allowed Trump to use their platform. Twitter fortunately isn't the internet, there are tons of alternatives.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:19 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Honest? Ha ha ha... That won't happen.

It's funny to watch people find out that they don't own social media and that they signed a TOS.

Violate the TOS and you get banned. It's that simple.

I don't have a Twitter account, never have.

But does the TOS say that they can and will enforce it arbitrarily, letting people they agree with slide when they violate it on a daily basis and banning others they disagree with??

Old 01-18-2021, 07:27 AM

10,090 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Says the team who screams discrimination when it suits them and regulates the ^*+! out of everything it can because govt is their religion.
Welcome to being part of the problem. Embrace
Nothing but double standards and hypocrites.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't have a problem with Trump getting temp banned.. But banning him permanently was a strategic move by Twitter. They've been waiting to ban him when he steps out of office.

There are plenty of people that should be perma banned on the leftist side and not banned because Twitter is ran by leftists.

You can't have a bias group of people be judge and jury at the same time.

I don't really give a damn about Twitter but just like Starbucks or any establishment they can't treat people with bias and violate people's freedom of speech using their bias.
Name a person on the left.

I know folks left and right that have been suspended. It is always not about what they said but how they said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies