Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 08:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Why do we need that pipeline oil demand is headed downward as more fuel efficiency and less in office travel is in our future. My own company is now going to continue work from home after Covid is over we have over 7000 employees. This is going to happen all over the country. Since I started working from home I fill up my tank once a month instead of once a week it's saved me lot of money. Future is electric cars Tesla has proven over and over that electric cars can replace combustion engine as they approach 400-500 miles a day.

If they want to build a pipeline why not build a water pipeline from states have too much water down here to the south west were we need water.
Good points.

That pipeline was always designed as a means for Canada to get their oil to the gulf for export.
Never had anything to do with U.S. demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 08:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Interesting move. Very liberal Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau is in favor of the Keystone Pipeline
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-f...peline-1562353
Canadian Ambassador to the U.S. Kirsten Hillman said in a statement to Reuters that Trudeau's government believes Keystone XL is compatible with both countries' climate action goals

Old 01-18-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
China Biden already gonna costing Americans more money. The globalist agenda is back in force.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29N00A
How is this decision a globalist one when Canada clearly is in support of the pipeline -- or the Canadian Prime Minister is?

A globalist would work with Canada right?

Not getting your logic here. What am I missing?

Old 01-18-2021, 08:06 AM

380 posts, read 164,115 times
Awesome it is going to help increase oil prices and help our local oil producers in my area. With increases in prices again it'll make investment in local oil and gas exploration more viable. Currently over 3/4 of the wells in my area are shutdown due to low prices and excess inventory caused by lack of demand. Many expected this to continue to be the case but this might be a huge blessing to the southern states. I agree screw Canada and their tar sands oil.

Unfortunately it is going to hit everyone else in the pocket book.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:06 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
I agree with Biden on this. Let's get gas prices above $5 a gallon and keep poor people off the road.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:09 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That ignorant, bitter old F-tard! This will do nothing to change oil consumption-at all. All this does is harms American producers and encourages the import of oil produced from foreign sources. I guess Saudi donated more for his campaign than the companies in ND. Typical of the Democratic party to kill the jobs of American workers and harm American consumers. Their efforts to harm this nation can't be ignored any longer.
Are you saying workers in the petroleum industry aren't smart enough to learn the technology of alternative energy, where there are literally thousands of jobs begging for someone to come and take them, and millions more due to be created? Fossil fuels are not the future of the country and the world.

Killing Keystone could be the first of Joe's campaign promises to be kept.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:10 AM

Has anyone in support of the pipeline explained how giving Canada access to the pipe so they can sell more oil makes us more energy independent?

I glanced quickly and can't seem to find anybody addressing that comment.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:17 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
This is incredibly stupid. It has nothing to do with global warming, globalism, or China and everything to do with performative politics demanded by environmentalists.

As long as oil prices are high enough, oil from the tar sands will be extracted and shipped via rail. Canceling Keystone just raises the threshold at which tar sands oil is economical by a bit and also makes transport riskier.
Quote:
Alberta Premier Jason Kenney said on Twitter that cancellation would eliminate jobs, weaken U.S.-Canada relations and undermine American national security by making the United States more dependent on OPEC oil imports.
sounds like a trial balloon claim though ...

interesting the headline says "may"

Quote:
U.S. President-elect Joe Biden is planning to cancel the permit for the $9 billion Keystone XL pipeline project as one of his first acts in office, and perhaps as soon as his first day, according to a source familiar with his thinking.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:20 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Has anyone in support of the pipeline explained how giving Canada access to the pipe so they can sell more oil makes us more energy independent?

are we better off buying from Canada, or from OPEC?

Do you trust your native country or oil-dependent OPEC more on environmental issues?

Old 01-18-2021, 08:23 AM

380 posts, read 164,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

It doesn't help us a lick and really only helps Canada and big oil. I am all for slowing the flow from the north as it will definitely help producers in the southern states. The oil and gas industry supplies the vast majority of jobs in my area and my immediate family collects both oil and gas royalties. It will be a win win for both with this cancellation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies