Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 11:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
How can you even talk about hate, when hate groups from around the country, were well represented at the Trump rally that stormed the Capitol. Trump himself is a hateful nasty man.
And the riots happening all summer was just a summer of love? Tell that to the people who had their businesses burned to the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 11:56 PM

12,969 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Hate is a trademark of the left. When they run out of conservatives to hate, they will turn on each other.
You mean how the conservatives are turning on each other now, a little civil war going on there maybe. Hate groups are a trademark of the Republican Party, it's their safe haven.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:55 AM

634 posts, read 327,534 times
I just can't wait until all of the official pictures of Trump get replaced in the building I work in later on today. Gonna be a hype moment coming into work tonight and either seeing either a pic of Biden or a blank space if the official photos haven't arrived yet.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:58 AM

736 posts, read 456,076 times
6 more hours to go!
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...zGTq_fjPkq03_8

Old 01-20-2021, 03:59 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
My thoughts are after 24 or 48 hours spent away from reading these posts I see how toxic this divisiveness between both parties is and I plan to distance myself from this and other forums going forward I can literally feel the negative emotions and vibrations re-enter when I expose myself to this information it's toxic and progresses who claim to be tolerant and promote peace and unity would be wise to live that kind of life and not get caught up in this drama.... Try to be that what you wish to see in others rather than holding this angry hatred towards your perceived enemy it's not worth it.

I have my Kindle loaded up with good books by authors like David Hawkins that promote spiritual enlightenment acceptance peace of mind that I plan to replace toxic thinking with this sort of thinking. If you see me on here in the coming weeks it means I'm not doing my job properly.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:13 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
January 20, 2021: The End Of An Error.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-20-2021 at 05:34 AM..

Old 01-20-2021, 06:19 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, had more power over you leftists, liberals, progressives, and Never Trumpers than any of you would ever dare admit. Not only did he live rent-free in your heads, not only did whatever he said and did trigger you to the extent you displayed your virtue to the entire virtual world via your keyboards, not only did you insult him more than you would ever have imagined you would have insulted anybody given what decent and upstanding human beings you portray yourselves as, but your votes were crafted not around an actual policy agenda in both 2018 and in 2020 but only around the mantra that Trump, the Bad Orange Man, was bad, and because he was bad, he had to go.

I sure had my share of laughs seeing you reveal your double-standards, your selective outrage, your hypocrisy, and your sadism over the past few years. The Trump era was if anything a clarifying phenomenon which pushed you people to reveal your true selves. In my off-the-Internet life, this was true as well, and I have a leaner circle of friends as a result - a development for which my gratitude is profound.

You are now gushing because you believe an era of fascism - and racism, especially - is over, but your choice for POTUS is a racist man who has made several embarrassing gaffes, who has publicly fondled women and children, whose son's laptop revealed all sorts of libidinous and depraved and perverted conduct, and whose running mate is a likewise sadistic individual who put many men of color behind bars for marijuana use while she herself used it and laughed when asked whether she'd ever used it - and who smilingly defended the 2020 pillage, rape, murder, arson, and crime wave saying it would not stop and should no stop.

Several of you who are old enough had a similar level of opposition towards George W. Bush and celebrated when Barack Hussein Obama was elected - yet Joe Biden is welcoming into his cabinet people who were the very neocons who worked under Bush and whose policies you denounced as "war crimes" and as "terroristic." The non-existent historical memory, the shameless hypocrisy, and the shallow understanding of current events you display is precisely why, among other reasons, Trump became president - and there are even voices from the very left who are saying that this trend will very possibly usher in a new Trump; not necessarily Donald J. himself, but someone in his mold, only even more cunning. And with the Trump base all but convinced the 2020 election was stolen, if this future Trump II does rise as early as during the 2023 Republican primaries, you can bet the overwhelming majority of the MAGA/"deplorables" will unite behind him/her.

Finally, having been on C-D for a very long time, my incursions into C-D's political discussions have been relatively recent, and I found it utterly unsurprising that here as in my social media and in other platforms, those from the left (certainly, with some notable exceptions) are historical illiterates who are unable to even grasp the concept of cognitive dissonance, because they are unaware of how hypocritical they are.

Rejoice, leftists, liberals, and progressives, but be forewarned: whatever does come in the administration of mr. "you know, the thing!" and ms. "I dated a married man," you may not like what you see. If you don't, you will have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Time is a circle, leftists, and the conservatives of America - the true patriots - shall have theirs again.
Thanks for articulating what millions of conservative minded Americans feel at this moment in history. Be well, friend.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:23 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Once again, if you fundamentally agree with these positions, then the style and delivery, can be forgiven, or at least taken in stride. In that case, the loss of such a President could be met with... regret.

I vehemently disagree with the above-enumerated positions... in substance, in execution, in philosophy and in method. Watching the news over the past 4 years, my thoughts were, "Wow, if somebody could eloquently and persuasively encapsulate the exact negation of what I believe, then this would be it!"

Those who agree with Trumpism are going to miss Trump. Those who abhor it, will feel relief. I feel relief.
I would ask why you 'vehemently disagree' with the positions Trump took on certain matters, which I supported, but frankly, I don't care.

Stay well, friend. I hope the next four years is what you hope for.

Peace out....

Old 01-20-2021, 08:30 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Before the election, the ttl death was 260K. Now, it was over to 410K. It was the issue of the states.
didnt help we had a president the entire time focussed on overturning the election he lost by tons instead of you know.. serving the americans in a pandemic trying to make it better

Old 01-20-2021, 08:31 AM

12,969 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, had more power over you leftists, liberals, progressives, and Never Trumpers than any of you would ever dare admit. Not only did he live rent-free in your heads, not only did whatever he said and did trigger you to the extent you displayed your virtue to the entire virtual world via your keyboards, not only did you insult him more than you would ever have imagined you would have insulted anybody given what decent and upstanding human beings you portray yourselves as, but your votes were crafted not around an actual policy agenda in both 2018 and in 2020 but only around the mantra that Trump, the Bad Orange Man, was bad, and because he was bad, he had to go.

I sure had my share of laughs seeing you reveal your double-standards, your selective outrage, your hypocrisy, and your sadism over the past few years. The Trump era was if anything a clarifying phenomenon which pushed you people to reveal your true selves. In my off-the-Internet life, this was true as well, and I have a leaner circle of friends as a result - a development for which my gratitude is profound.

You are now gushing because you believe an era of fascism - and racism, especially - is over, but your choice for POTUS is a racist man who has made several embarrassing gaffes, who has publicly fondled women and children, whose son's laptop revealed all sorts of libidinous and depraved and perverted conduct, and whose running mate is a likewise sadistic individual who put many men of color behind bars for marijuana use while she herself used it and laughed when asked whether she'd ever used it - and who smilingly defended the 2020 pillage, rape, murder, arson, and crime wave saying it would not stop and should no stop.

Several of you who are old enough had a similar level of opposition towards George W. Bush and celebrated when Barack Hussein Obama was elected - yet Joe Biden is welcoming into his cabinet people who were the very neocons who worked under Bush and whose policies you denounced as "war crimes" and as "terroristic." The non-existent historical memory, the shameless hypocrisy, and the shallow understanding of current events you display is precisely why, among other reasons, Trump became president - and there are even voices from the very left who are saying that this trend will very possibly usher in a new Trump; not necessarily Donald J. himself, but someone in his mold, only even more cunning. And with the Trump base all but convinced the 2020 election was stolen, if this future Trump II does rise as early as during the 2023 Republican primaries, you can bet the overwhelming majority of the MAGA/"deplorables" will unite behind him/her.

Finally, having been on C-D for a very long time, my incursions into C-D's political discussions have been relatively recent, and I found it utterly unsurprising that here as in my social media and in other platforms, those from the left (certainly, with some notable exceptions) are historical illiterates who are unable to even grasp the concept of cognitive dissonance, because they are unaware of how hypocritical they are.

Rejoice, leftists, liberals, and progressives, but be forewarned: whatever does come in the administration of mr. "you know, the thing!" and ms. "I dated a married man," you may not like what you see. If you don't, you will have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Time is a circle, leftists, and the conservatives of America - the true patriots - shall have theirs again.
I feel the exact same way about people on the right. Trump had absolute power over the right, I mean they literally hinge on every word he said, his words were the gospel regardless of facts. What Trump wanted y'all to say and believe, y'all did so even if it was a lie. The Capitol riot is a good example of this, even people who stormed the Capitol said they did it because Trump told them to. I never seen anything like it in my life, it was like a cult, Y'all idolize this man like he is some god or something. So look in the mirror first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies