Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 02:24 PM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times

Advertisements

Looks like Biden is reaching to score some political correctness points in picking Pa's Sec. of Health Levine to be his Assistant Sec. of Health. Good riddance. Maybe we can get someone competent to administer the covid vaccine rollout now.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:40 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
What would have been "politically correct" was having proactive and competent leadership at 1600 Penn this time last year, including deferring to Drs. Fauci and Birx on their informed recommendations to provide the information and resources that would have minimized the spread. Without that guidance, states were largely on their own to come up with their own plans. Let's not forget that Pfizer had offered the White House an early reservation of vaccines once they were approved but the company was declined. Now other companies of benefitting from Pfizer's early offering.

Dr. Levine IMO has done better than many others in her position, especially those who were deferring to or otherwise constrained by Governors who were reluctant. We are better off on a per capita basis than many other states. That's not to say that she isn't subject to criticism - relocating her mother during the early height of the pandemic may not have been the wisest (PR) move - but obviously the incoming Administration considers her to be among the best in her area of expertise. She will be missed.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:23 PM

8,053 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Looks like Biden is reaching to score some political correctness points in picking Pa's Sec. of Health Levine to be his Assistant Sec. of Health.
It's about more than scoring political points with the powerful Transgender interest group. It's the Biden Administration doubling down and celebrating the censorship of opposing voices.

Book burning, anyone?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...2011/burn-book

Old 01-19-2021, 03:53 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,031,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
It's about more than scoring political points with the powerful Transgender interest group. It's the Biden Administration doubling down and celebrating the censorship of opposing voices.
I would argue that they are celebrating the defeat of fascism and prejudice toward transgender people, but your post suggests we have a long, long way to go.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:58 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I would feel so much better if I thought the way Penn ( under Levine and Wolf) handled this was good- but it's been one of the worst states.
Everyone I know is trying to get information and the most we can find out is that they "hope" to be moving along and that the supply is very limited. There is a lack of clarity and information and process.
I am really upset that this is what is being touted as a good appointment?//

What a shame.
I don't care about the gender. I just want competence and efficiency.
Didn't see that with Dr Levine. Maybe the replacement for Pa will be an improvement. Hard to be worse.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:30 PM

52 posts, read 40,099 times
*She

Old 01-19-2021, 04:43 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
For all who think Levine didn't do well....
I think PA is doing better than AZ, FL, TX, and CA right now......

Old 01-19-2021, 04:43 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
What would have been "politically correct" was having proactive and competent leadership at 1600 Penn this time last year, including deferring to Drs. Fauci and Birx on their informed recommendations to provide the information and resources that would have minimized the spread. Without that guidance, states were largely on their own to come up with their own plans. Let's not forget that Pfizer had offered the White House an early reservation of vaccines once they were approved but the company was declined. Now other companies of benefitting from Pfizer's early offering.

Dr. Levine IMO has done better than many others in her position, especially those who were deferring to or otherwise constrained by Governors who were reluctant. We are better off on a per capita basis than many other states. That's not to say that she isn't subject to criticism - relocating her mother during the early height of the pandemic may not have been the wisest (PR) move - but obviously the incoming Administration considers her to be among the best in her area of expertise. She will be missed.
Fauci was saying only healthcare workers needed masks as late as March last year. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's over 80, I've seen enough of him.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:07 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
For those who dislike Levine and say she was chosen because she’s transgender, my question is...is the real reason ~you~ dislike Levine simply because she’s transgender and/or because she’s a Democrat? So you hate her for one superficial reason but you’re suggesting she was chosen for a different superficial reason?

I would not want to be a governor or health official during a pandemic. Either party, either side, is pure criticism from the other side.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:25 PM

325 posts, read 368,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Fauci was saying only healthcare workers needed masks as late as March last year. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's over 80, I've seen enough of him.
I think that’s because we still had a mask shortage in March, so he was pleading to folks to not hoard them so that medical professionals could have access to them. Nurses were still wearing the same mask for a week straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies