Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:10 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times

Advertisements

Well, the Democrats and a good chunk of the Republicans weren't going to let Trump win anyway so there's that to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 03:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
his debates, interviews and tweets did far worse for him than any media ever could. especially his tweets.
His words, spoken or tweeted, have consequences.

Trump has been the source of most Trump news for the past 5 years.

Biden likely one for one simple reason. He is not Trump.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:12 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyskies1999 View Post
No, it was the way all of that was portrayed and taken out of context by the media that did him in.
I watched the debates and interviews in their entirety and had full context.
His tweets are straight from the horse's mouth. there is no additional context needed.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Before the election, when the media refused to put anything positive about Trump in the media and only lies and twisted truths, then I think that hurts him a lot. There are some older people and those that don't realize how biased the media is and they believe the media as truth. This is a big influence of how someone votes.

If people don't hear stories about Corrupt Biden's China dealings or Hunter's laptop and only lies about how great they are, of course that is going to have a lot of influences of how people vote.

The voting public only heard lies about Great Biden and Awful Trump day in and day out before the election. To me this is mostly why I see the election as fraud....and of course the dead people that voted. Dems cheated by not allowing truth in the media and manipulating people.

Most people don't go on message boards and depend only on TV as their source of information. Even Google can manipulate their search engines to only show what they think people should see....i.e. media manipulated.

Look how the media is now wanting to shut us up and our sources of news, remove our conservative platforms, etc. Dems want to censor speech and manipulate the media and then accuse us of being brainwashed into believing the election was fraud....unbelievable.
20-30% of the votes at lease.

If the media simply reports the truth and facts, democrats would never ever win another election.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:14 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If by media, you mean Trump's own tweets....

It hurt a lot.

We all know how the media is biased. Why is that? If they have nothing to worry about, then report the truths from both sides. Report both sides legitimately. Why twist things and refuse to speak about good things Trump did and refuse to discuss Hunter's laptop and China Biden's dealing with China? Why manipulate?

Old 01-19-2021, 03:15 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,705 times
Quote:
Before the election, when the media refused to put anything positive about Trump in the media and only lies and twisted truths, then I think that hurts him a lot. There are some older people and those that don't realize how biased the media is and they believe the media as truth. This is a big influence of how someone votes.

If people don't hear stories about Corrupt Biden's China dealings or Hunter's laptop and only lies about how great they are, of course that is going to have a lot of influences of how people vote.

The voting public only heard lies about Great Biden and Awful Trump day in and day out before the election. To me this is mostly why I see the election as fraud....and of course the dead people that voted. Dems cheated by not allowing truth in the media and manipulating people.

Most people don't go on message boards and depend only on TV as their source of information. Even Google can manipulate their search engines to only show what they think people should see....i.e. media manipulated.

Look how the media is now wanting to shut us up and our sources of news, remove our conservative platforms, etc. Dems want to censor speech and manipulate the media and then accuse us of being brainwashed into believing the election was fraud....unbelievable.
Trump hurt Trump in the election.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:15 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyskies1999 View Post
No, it was the way all of that was portrayed and taken out of context by the media that did him in.
Still remember the old saying from 2020:

"Nothing makes a Trump supporter madder than quoting Trump directly."

When Trump said something, the Trumpeters always claim it's taken out of context even when it isn't.

Then when you put things in context, the Trumpeters will focus on only the words and ignore the context.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:

You seem to think that trump never had a twitter account. I hate to tell you this, but media fed off of his tweets and things he is recorded as saying in his rally speeches. If he didn't want to look like such an awful person, he should have been more careful. No one needed media to tell them what trump was feeling and thinking. He told us directly, in no uncertain terms. You either liked him or disliked him. Turns out more of us disliked him than liked him.

Also, America's single largest news network was in the tank for trump, and made no bones about it.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Between the news media and Big Tech, I don't think that it would be an exaggeration that the vote was shifted by at least 10 million votes. Hard to say how many votes got shifted by the Democrats cheating, but the number isn't small. But both of these things are present in every presidential election. The news media is all-in trying to get the Democrat to win. Big Tech ha been meddling with search results and information suppression since before the 2016 election. Those things are just the uphill battle that Republicans always have to overcome to win.

The three biggest things that lost the election for Trump:
  1. Covid-19. It didn't matter how well he did against the pandemic. It would have ruined any president. It wiped out all the good things he'd accomplished in the previous 3 years and made people seriously question whether the status quo was still what they wanted.
  2. Big Tech and News Media dialed up the anti-Republican sabotage game to 11. They went all-in sabotaging President Trump any which way they could. They were a lot more blatant about it than I'd ever seen before. And the increased importance of social media meant they had far more lanes of attack.
  3. The first debate. One of Trump's biggest flaws is his inability to just shut up. Going against the bumbling and muttering Joe Biden, this was exactly the wrong tactic. Rather than just letting Biden self-destruct, he just kept interrupting. He came off as a bully, rude and obnoxious.
One thing that I find very curious about politics in the USA is that the Republicans ever win anything at all. They have the deck stacked against them so massively, you'd think they'd never win anything. It really does say something. Either you're offering something way better to the American people, or the Democrats are just insanely awful.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The sky is blue, grass is green and the mainstream media is made up of slobbering, knee-padded, sycophantic toadies beholden to the Democrat Party. Their modus operandi is to highlight stories that support The Party, downplay or ignore stories that would hurt The Party.

Look at how they jump on any incident of a "hate crime" without investigating the facts. Remember their coverage of the Covington High School incident, where it took citizen journalists to bring the actual facts of the incident to light. And of course, their three years of pushing the Russian collusion conspiracy theory. It's all about putting out information that supports their Narratives. Narrative before facts, every time.

When dealing with the mainstream media, it's best to assume they are lying until it can be proven otherwise.
Truth has a leftist bias

Seriously, some of the “news sources” used by conservatives don’t even have reporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies