Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 06:44 AM

80 posts, read 35,206 times

Advertisements

I went through the transcript and I can't find anything.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...ript-january-6

Was it something that he said or did besides the speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM

5,328 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Search the forum. There is an existing thread on this subject.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:15 AM

721 posts, read 1,210,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Search the forum. There is an existing thread on this subject.
There is no evidence of him saying anything at all to incite violence in that thread.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:17 AM

5,328 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
There is no evidence of him saying anything at all to incite violence in that thread.
No evidence, in your opinion.

But somehow starting a new thread is gonna do it?

Please tell me how pointing them to an existing discussion is wrong.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:37 AM

80 posts, read 35,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
No evidence, in your opinion.

But somehow starting a new thread is gonna do it?

Please tell me how pointing them to an existing discussion is wrong.

There are many threads about that day, impeachment, etc.
Do you have a link to the thread?

Ok, so I flipped through a descent number of posts and saw nothing.
I'll re-phrase the question:

Is there anything in the speech that gives legal evidence that Trump incited a riot based on his speech? If not, is there any legal evidence that he planned and orchestrated a riot prior to the speech?

I'm asking because if they impeach him with no legal grounds, but based on popular opinion pressures, that would mean that our government is shifting away from ruling by law. That in turn, would mean that we are no longer protected by laws and are subject to the whims of those in power.

Last edited by DaScribe; 01-13-2021 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: adding to comment

Old 01-13-2021, 08:32 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaScribe View Post
There are many threads about that day, impeachment, etc.
Do you have a link to the thread?

Ok, so I flipped through a descent number of posts and saw nothing.
I'll re-phrase the question:

Is there anything in the speech that gives legal evidence that Trump incited a riot based on his speech? If not, is there any legal evidence that he planned and orchestrated a riot prior to the speech?

I'm asking because if they impeach him with no legal grounds, but based on popular opinion pressures, that would mean that our government is shifting away from ruling by law. That in turn, would mean that we are no longer protected by laws and are subject to the whims of those in power.
You understand that even though the impeachment process uses words like "trial" and "convict", it's not actually a court of law, right?

There is no legal definition of what is or isn't an impeachable offense. "High crimes and misdemeanors" is nothing more than a flowery turn of phrase that is open to interpretation by whatever sitting Congress exists at the time.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:38 AM

1,265 posts, read 444,961 times
Well since we are going down this road let’s not forget Maxine waters inciting the left to harass all trump followers. Are we to going to have her removed from office? Or is the double standard of politics?

Old 01-13-2021, 09:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Well since we are going down this road let’s not forget Maxine waters inciting the left to harass all trump followers. Are we to going to have her removed from office? Or is the double standard of politics?
This thread isn't about Maxine Waters.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:09 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
What did Trump say to incite the riot and insurrection?

Come on January 6th. "It will be wild."

'If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

"We're going to have to fight much harder." This is after he promotes the lies about election fraud, weak RINO's, the press "Is the enemy of the people." More crap about Pence, and then "we are going to walk down and I'll be right there with you."

"We are going to cheer our brave senators." You'll never take back our country with weakness." "You have to show strength, you have to be strong."

Then he throws in something about peaceful protest before he jumps back into his fake toxic rhetoric about the radical left and how he's not happy with what he's hearing about Mike Pence.

Then he throws in a fake I love you and continues firing up the rubes. "We must stop the steal." On and on and on repeating the same mantra which is not so subtle to go get our country back rhetoric.

Look. The FBI knew for weeks that there was violent rhetoric about "Congress needing to hear broken glass and doors being kicked in." If the FBI knew this, Trump knew this.

He could have stopped this, bu he didn't. Instead he promotes this proven lie that the election was stolen from him and that he really won.

"We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Ave" blah blah blah about the Democrats and weak Republicans, " we're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country, so lets walk down Pennsylvania Ave."

Then he slinks away and lets the Rubes do his dirty work.

IMPEACH AND REMOVE THIS TOXIC BILE.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:34 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaScribe View Post
Is there anything in the speech that gives legal evidence that Trump incited a riot based on his speech?
The Senate will hear the evidence. It's not just what he said in the speech -- it's also his conduct, that of his family members, Giuliani, Cruz, Hawley and other loyal supporters between the election and Jan. 6. He and his team have been beating the drums about "stolen elections" and "stop the steal" for weeks, filing 60+ frivolous lawsuits with no evidence, and calling the Georgia secretary of state with veiled threats to "find" votes.

Trump doesn't have to literally say "go invade the Capitol" to be guilty. He's been stacking the timbers and soaking them with gasoline for weeks. He only needed to supply the smallest of sparks at the rally to set it on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies