Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 06:34 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

I didn't think there was ever a question that the Trump campaign sponsored the rally, why are they attempting to make believe they had noting to do with this. Their names are on the National Park Permit and some are on his payroll.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Members of President Donald Trump’s failed presidential campaign played key roles in orchestrating the Washington rally that spawned a deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol, according to an Associated Press review of records, undercutting claims the event was the brainchild of the president’s grassroots supporters.

A pro-Trump nonprofit group called Women for America First hosted the “Save America Rally" on Jan. 6 at the Ellipse, an oval-shaped, federally owned patch of land near the White House. But an attachment to the National Park Service public gathering permit granted to the group lists more than half a dozen people in staff positions for the event who just weeks earlier had been paid thousands of dollars by Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign. Other staff scheduled to be “on site” during the demonstration have close ties to the White House.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...7hm-story.html

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-18-2021 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 06:46 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
If true they deserve what follows. Publish their names and black ball the scum.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:52 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Another Trump campaign staff implicated person's uncle has a big time job in the White House. The campaign was paying her 10K a month. Bet Moscow Mitch is keeping his powder dry because he knows all this will come out.

This and Fox settling that Seth Rich lawsuit causes me to wonder how anybody with a brain could believe a word Trump and his sycophants say. Oh and Bannon secretly going on all those sites to egg fools on to go riot in DC.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I do not understand the outrage. Were the people that were paid by Trump and organized the rally caught inside the Capital? With the way the Dems are demanding the cancellation of anyone associated with Trump in a knee jerk reaction of hatred we shouldn't be surprised if people want to protect their future.

I don't know why Trump is being blamed for the people that swarmed the Capital. Have we blamed elected Democrats and civil Rights speakers when after their rally some fools on the way home from it smash some windows or worse?

How about when a sports team wins a playoff game and some fans flip over cars and go crazy in the streets?

How about young pumped up people heading home from a rock concert and they take to vandalism? Is the band responsible?

The Dems are turning good people that were just doing a job into monsters and trying to ruin their lives. We are talking about people that worked for a President not members of the Nazi SS Geez.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I do not understand the outrage. Were the people that were paid by Trump and organized the rally caught inside the Capital? With the way the Dems are demanding the cancellation of anyone associated with Trump in a knee jerk reaction of hatred we shouldn't be surprised if people want to protect their future.

I don't know why Trump is being blamed for the people that swarmed the Capital. Have we blamed elected Democrats and civil Rights speakers when after their rally some fools on the way home from it smash some windows or worse?

How about when a sports team wins a playoff game and some fans flip over cars and go crazy in the streets?

How about young pumped up people heading home from a rock concert and they take to vandalism? Is the band responsible?

The Dems are turning good people that were just doing a job into monsters and trying to ruin their lives. We are talking about people that worked for a President not members of the Nazi SS Geez.
If people broke into my home I will be outraged at them, I would also be outraged at the SOB's that gave them a ride to my home. Especially if they had some knowledge of what was happening.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:11 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,404,078 times
Sorry but there is no comparing a civil rights rally that addresses a legitimate concern to a hokus pokus Trump rally engineered to misinform, delegitimize, and brainwash. They’re the antithesis of one another.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:12 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Okay...... why is anyone acting like this is a big shock? Why does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If people broke into my home I will be outraged at them, I would also be outraged at the SOB's that gave them a ride to my home. Especially if they had some knowledge of what was happening.
You absolutely should be outraged at someone who broke in your home. You are projecting if you get outraged at the person who drove their kid along with some friends to the mall next door if it turns out the friends decided to leave the mall and break in your house.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:15 AM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

But you're talking common sense, so it'll go right over the TDS crowds' head.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
There is no question who organized the 1/6 rally. The rally and the siege that followed are two separate, albeit connected events.

There is no question thousands attended for the sole purpose of an insurrection, ala 1776.

Roger Stone is the originator of “ Stop the Steal” slogan and web site before the 2016 nomination.

Trump spent the last 4.5 years warning that his followers would become violent and riot if/ if not Fill in the Blank, beginning in 2016 before his nomination. He continuously fed his base red meat and stoked the fire.

Not clear what he thought would happen once he set the dogs loose. Can’t imagine he expected his base to siege the Capital.

Why he did/ said nothing for hours remains a mystery and the public deserves to know.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-18-2021 at 07:28 AM..

Old 01-18-2021, 07:18 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Sorry but there is no comparing a civil rights rally that addresses a legitimate concern to a hokus pokus Trump rally engineered to misinform, delegitimize, and brainwash. They’re the antithesis of one another.
Yeah, that pesky First Amendment gets in the way a lot doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies