Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 09:39 PM

22,359 posts, read 11,886,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
What? What was already 'crammed down our throats'? You even pay attention to the deficit under Trump and the GOP? Do you call yourself a Conservative? Christ Obama pared down the debt after the financial collapse. This blubber-puss exploded it.

He crammed the debt down my throat, my children's throats- heck my grandkids. Political idiots have no F-ing clue what has been done. All under the GOP. Way to run a country.

Start looking at your own party and the shart-show they put on before lambasting another.
Wow! You aren't paying attention, are you?

Biden/Harris want to throw open the borders and welcome illegal aliens. Plus, they want to amnesty each and every illegal who is already here. If you don't think illegals cost us anything, well, I've got oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

All under the GOP? You forgot how your idol, Obama, increased the debt. Yet you were perfectly fine with adding to the debt when he did it.

I don't belong to any political party. The dems lost me a long time ago when they stopped looking out for Americans and prioritized illegals. When the repubs called us and wanted us to join the RNC, I gave them an earful. Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, there once was a time when dems could be counted on to do so.

What really bothers me more than the debt --- I'm bothered as to how the dems are h*llbent on stifling free speech. Freedom of speech is one of the principles of which America was founded. Never did I think my country would tolerate what is going on with cancel culture and its silencing of those who don't agree with the dems. For that reason, I worry about what it will be like for my grandkids going forward.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Since the founding of our country, Our men and women have died defending our rights. Not only that, the fought overseas so that others could have those same rights. My Dad, who passed 2 1/2 years ago was a WWII vet who saw action on D-Day. While I miss him, I'm glad he never got to see what is happening today to our country.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 01-19-2021 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-19-2021, 09:41 PM

3,556 posts, read 4,380,707 times
10 Things Trump Might Do Within the Last 24 Hours of his Presidency (drumroll):

1. He will meritoriously give the nuclear launch codes and button to the Proud Boys

2. He will declare January 6 an "Official US Holiday"

3. He will eliminate January 18 (MLK Day) from the list of "Official US Holidays"

4. He will place His and Vladimir Putin's LOL faces on Mount Rushmore

5. He will place all "Sh_thole" Countries on the "List of Terrorist Countries"

6. He will replace Abe Lincoln's image from the US penny with Stormy Daniels' face

7. He will replace the Statue of Liberty with a Statue of Himself holding an upside down Bible with the
inscription "I Wuz Robbed"

8. He will trademark Rudy Guilliani's hair dye

9. He will change the statement on the $1.00 bill to "In Trump We Trust"

10. He will award Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley with the Presidential Medal of Freedom with an expiration date
as of the time he is no longer POTUS

Old 01-19-2021, 09:42 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,840,695 times
So where is that healthcare care plan he promised? There’s still hours left i’m sure the Trumpers are expecting it early AM tomorrow.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:50 PM

22,359 posts, read 11,886,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
So where is that healthcare care plan he promised? There’s still hours left i’m sure the Trumpers are expecting it early AM tomorrow.
Ask the democrats. They were all too eager to stop anything Trump wanted.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ask the democrats. They were all too eager to stop anything Trump wanted.
He would have had to have a plan for them to stop it.

But there is still hours, right? I’m sure you expect to see it before he leaves. I mean he did promise it and you believed it, didn’t you?

Old 01-19-2021, 09:55 PM

19,619 posts, read 22,502,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wow! You aren't paying attention, are you?

Biden/Harris want to throw open the borders and welcome illegal aliens. Plus, they want to amnesty each and every illegal who is already here. If you don't think illegals cost us anything, well, I've got oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

All under the GOP? You forgot how your idol, Obama, increased the debt. Yet you were perfectly fine with adding to the debt when he did it.

I don't belong to any political party. The dems lost me a long time ago when they stopped looking out for Americans and prioritized illegals. When the repubs called us and wanted us to join the RNC, I gave them an earful. Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, there once was a time when dems could be counted on to do so.

What really bothers me more than the debt --- I'm bothered as to how the dems are h*llbent on stifling free speech. Freedom of speech is one of the principles of which America was founded. Never did I think my country would tolerate what is going on with cancel culture and its silencing of those who don't agree with the dems. For that reason, I worry about what it will be like for my grandkids going forward.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Since the founding of our country, Our men and women have died defending our rights. Not only that, the fought overseas so that others could have those same rights. My Dad, who passed 2 1/2 years ago was a WWII vet who saw action on D-Day. While I miss him, I'm glad he never got to see what is happening today to our country.
When did the government deny you FREE SPEECH? When? You had FREE SPEECH at the Capitol, didn't you? When did the Government deny you your First Amendment rights? At what point was our country NOT a country of immigrants? The 1950's?

You really want me to point out the relationship of debt to GDP under the last 5 administrations? Really?

What panty blather you spew. You have no clue.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:55 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
He already did but your concept of greatness and mine are very different
He is not the only man who has been fired for doing a great job

Old 01-19-2021, 09:58 PM

1,014 posts, read 475,613 times
It is 1:00 am Wednesday Morning. Time's up. Joe Biden is in. Inauguration day. EST. New York Time.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:01 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
He's leaving office in less than 12 hours - that will be, by an enormous margin, the best thing Trump has done for America. I was going to say since 2016, but really probably in his entire life

Old 01-19-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
He already did but your concept of greatness and mine are very different
He is not the only man who has been fired for doing a great job
No, he is one of many men fired for doing a terrible job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.