Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 01:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
To those cheering this on I have to ask; you are for strong, effective border controls, correct?

Those that oppose Biden's decision please don't answer for them. It's not your place, IMO.
*grabbing popcorn*.... I too wish to see what they will say....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 01:24 PM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
Quote:
To those cheering this on I have to ask; you are for strong, effective border controls, correct?

Those that oppose Biden's decision please don't answer for them. It's not your place, IMO.
I think people just wanted Mexico to pay for it like trump pormised.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:26 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Yes 400,000+ died due to #diaperdon and he never showed an ounce of empathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I doubt he'll catch up to Trump's 400K

Old 01-20-2021, 01:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:

Yes -- many of those that choose to skip the lines at the border entry points when asked why they would risk their lives to sneak in -- they say because the lines at the ports of entry are long and it can take weeks to get processed.

So I would like to see more resources to deal with issues at the ports of entry, to deal with existing illegal residents --- if their only crime is illegal entry and they have been for some time, have American spouses/kids and jobs/businesses -- we should expend resources on making them permanent residents.

Of course for those that have more violent or criminal backgrounds they be denied.

E-verify.

That farm worker from that farm that is run by a Republican politician's family was a violent criminal. The farm claims they e-verified. I suspect they lied about that but if the e-verify is broken fix it and hold companies accountable.

Oh yeah and can all my conservative friends stop suggesting I go find some 'illegal' to do my yard work cheap for me. That doesn't help anything.

The wall wasn't part of well thought strategy to deal with illegals here already and entering the country. It was an easy, expensive symbol that was a simple minded solution to a complex problem.

And given the disastrous policy of separating children from adults as some kind of deterrent......we need to spend money to get those kids back to their families.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:59 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Doesn't answer the question I asked but, ok, I guess

To me the question was straightforward and uncomplicated.

Quote:

Old 01-20-2021, 02:06 PM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
Quote:
Doesn't answer the question I asked but, ok, I guess

To me the question was straightforward and uncomplicated.
Yes. And we could have had that if trump had delivered on his promise to make Mexico pay.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:07 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.politicususa.com/2021/01...es-office.html

Thank God! Since Stump never got Mexico to pay for it and put the bill to American consumers.

Donald Trump potentially illegally diverted billions of taxpayer dollars to build a border wall. On day one of taking office, Joe Biden will end the waste.

Joe Biden is moving America forward on all fronts. There will be no more vanity projects and waste of taxpayer dollars on bogus campaign props. The halting of the wall construction combined with the unveiling of a comprehensive immigration proposal is a loud and clear signal to the American people that the country is moving forward with real policies governed by a presidency of substance.

As the nation faces multiple crises, it will have a thoughtful, empathetic, and results-oriented administration. It is time to look forward, not back, and Joe Biden will replace the frivolous with substance and chart a real path for America’s future.
HEAR YEE! HEAR YEE! HEAR YEE! Hard-working AMERICAN taxpayers welcome ALL of the world's poor, weak, sick, lame, lazy, and downtrodden to come here by the millions--- so that we kind and generous taxpayers can take care of you, and all your relatives!! We want to preserve your "rights" to free stuff!!
The Democrats among us are ESPECIALLY caring, as opposed to us deplorable, smelly, in need of immediate deprogramming, Trump supporters! Hurry, before we change our minds in two years!!

Americans, under strong Biden/Harris' "leadership," will pay, BIG TIME, through loss of AMERICAN jobs to other countries, and by providing social security benefits, free healthcare, free housing, free college, etc., to illegal aliens...because we're already taking such great care of ALL Americans and illegals already here, and want to also help take care of the rest of the world! We should give the the Covid-19 shots to new border crossers (future Democrats!) first because it seems like Democrats care more about pending illegals than Americans (and illegals) already here!! Awesome, isn't it??

Last edited by columbusboy8; 01-20-2021 at 02:24 PM..

Old 01-20-2021, 02:08 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
But why? Did they object to the 700 miles of inferior fencing built in 2006 paid for by the taxpayer? If not, why not? I don't recall them complaining about that. Let's face it they merely objected this time around just because it was Trump building it and many had a vested interest in illegal immigration.

I wonder how many countless times we have to reiterate in here that Mexico is helping to pay for the wall through tariffs and being forced to make these bogus asylum seekers wait in Mexico, etc. It seems to fall on deaf ears with these anti-wall people.

Why would anyone care who pays for the wall anyway? Actually it should be us that funds it because it is on our side of the border. Trump tried to make Mexico pay for it anyway and he succeeded somewhat. The good physical barriers have already proven to be 90% in deterring illegal entry. Shouldn't that be the focus point rather than who's paying for it? What law abiding American wants job, tax and resource stealing illegal alien foreigners in here that cost us over $100 billion a year? Why would anyone want drug runners, criminals and those from known terrorist countries getting into our country via our southern border because our border hasn't been secured well enough? I just don't get it!

Old 01-20-2021, 02:09 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
good.

it is an ineffective ugly design anyway

I'd rather they spend that money on some high tech satellite that can detect border crossings, then dispatch border patrol to handle it.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:19 PM

4,508 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Man what a dark world with evil things that are going to be coming up and we are absolutely swamped with fake people cheering it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies