Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Biden apologize for calling Trump racist?
Yes 58 41.43%
No 75 53.57%
Yes even though Trump is racist 0 0%
No - he should keep calling all opponents racist 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 05:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

I remember a time when being called a racist was a pretty damning insult. Then the left started to overplay the race card. Now I put being called a racist right there with being called a jerk. The over use has watered it down so far that its almost impossible too take it seriously anymore.

No Biden shouldn't apologize to Trump, but he should apologize to the nation for helping to weaken the meaning of the word racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 12:53 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
And I remember when "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" was the worst insult you would hear at a debate. I can't wait until the next cycle. Will they be calling each other rapists and pedophiles?

Old 01-21-2021, 09:44 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Considering that Biden is definitely a bigger racist, I would say yes, but it won’t happen. Democrats overlook their own racist.

Racism is the history of their Party.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:55 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Did Harris apologize for calling Biden a racist and a rapist yet?

Old 01-27-2021, 07:27 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Did Harris apologize for calling Biden a racist and a rapist yet?
why would she apologize for something she never said?

You want to prove she did? Feel free, but you need to provide actual proof, not disinformation and mischaracterization

Old 01-27-2021, 07:45 PM

164 posts, read 247,319 times
Default call it as I see it, remember back in the 60's and 70's trumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
In effect he called all Trump supporters racist at the debate where he called President Trump a racist. Not a great way to heal a nation. After the debate he doubled down.

Biden Says He’s Not Sorry for Calling Trump Racist, Clown, Liar, ‘Putin’s Puppy’ During Debate: ‘Everything I Said Was True’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-...said-was-true/

The inauguration will be his last best chance I think. He should have apologized right away. Nothing like that should ever get said at a debate. Calling someone a racist is the equivalent of calling someone the N word.
no reason for President Biden to apologize, Donald Trump is a RACIST! I remember back in the 1970's when Don the Cons Dad would not allow African Americans ( he used the N word though) ppl to rent or even buy his property, nice to have a decent moral man in the White House again, racist to their core
P.S. so nice to have normal decent moral President back in the white house again, it has been a long 4 yrs

Old 01-27-2021, 08:07 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1980 View Post
no reason for President Biden to apologize, Donald Trump is a RACIST! I remember back in the 1970's when Don the Cons Dad would not allow African Americans ( he used the N word though) ppl to rent or even buy his property, nice to have a decent moral man in the White House again, racist to their core
P.S. so nice to have normal decent moral President back in the white house again, it has been a long 4 yrs
I see President Biden mellowed with age and having family members pass and being deeply Religious and attending a place of Worship. Biden has shown empathy for sure. Something that former President Trump found so hard.

Age and lifestyle of attaining wealth and fighting foes and for wins over them in business and thin-skin. Have only HARDENED the Donald Trump persona that is nothing new. Just more rigid and has no filter in what he might say. Some say honest..... there is a time to be honest and time to hold back name-calling and enflaming those seen as a foe. That too is part of a ART OF A DEAL. Sadly, much of that got lost in Donald Trump in being outspoken....actually can cause some you want to MAKE A DEAL WITH want to deal with you less.

Time and History will write of the Trump Presidency and where it falls in greatness and prestige levels outside of political side-taking by party and how some see a politician as a savior. That is just scary and what has caused dictators to rise also. We are not a dictatorship even with crackdowns of decent no matter how uneven one thinks. There is a point going too far has consequences and sadly, Donald Trump did come to that.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:41 PM

Angry the Trumps are racist always were

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Your whole argument here is assumptions and accusations of dog whistles. There are no spoken words uttered by Donald Trump instructing people to break into the capitol to riot, and actually he said the exact opposite that people should peacefully march to the Capitol.

You can accuse him of being naive that he should have known he would whip up the crowd (who had already starting storming out long before Trump had finished speaking), but he did not say anything to that effect.

Biden on the other hand actually-in-real-life said that two United States Senators he disagreed with were the same as Hitler's right hand man who was responsible for the genocidal slaughter of millions of innocent men women and children.

Those words came out of his mouth in front of witnesses and was recorded on video forever
DJT is 90% "Culpable meaning deserving blame for a crime or wrongdoing" Yup that would be Trump, he egged them on for months before with the total LIES about Voter Fraud,there was NO more than the usual irregularities than any other election but his crazy base rushed the State House WITH GUNS armed nutjobs in MI to kidnap and kill the Governor??
Trump saying even before election if I lose then it was rigged????

and then trump said “Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …are you kidding me?

Then Trump again spewing “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong so FIGHT.”

Whipping up anger against Republicans who were not going along with his plan for subverting the election, like Vice President Mike Pence, Mr. Trump told the crowd that “different rules” now applied. At the most obvious level, the president was arguing that what he wanted Mr. Pence to do — reject the state-certified Electoral College results — would be legitimate, but the notion of “very different rules” applying carried broader overtones of extraordinary permission as well. (“RINO” is a term of abuse used by highly partisan Republicans against more moderate colleagues they deem to be “Republicans in Name Only.”)

Trump insinuated that Republican officials, including Pence, would endanger themselves by accepting Biden’s win.
“I hope Mike is going to do the right thing". I hope so. I hope so, because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. … And I actually — I just spoke to Mike. I said: ‘Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage.’”

“I also want to thank our 13 most courageous members of the U.S. Senate, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Ron Johnson, Senator Josh Hawley. … Senators have stepped up. We want to thank them. I actually think, though, it takes, again, more courage not to step up, and I think a lot of those people are going to find that out. And you better start looking at your leadership, because your leadership has led you down the tubes.”

Mr. Trump twice told the crowd that Republicans who did not go along with his effort to overturn the election — Mr. Pence as well as senators like Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, who did not join in the performative objections led by Mr. Hawley and Mr. Cruz — were actually the ones being courageous. In context, the president’s implication is that they were putting themselves at risk because it would be safer to go along with what he wanted. During the ensuing riot, the mob chanted “Hang Mike Pence.”

Trump suggested that he wanted his supporters to stop the certification of Biden’s electoral win, not just protest it.
“We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal. …

“You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to talk about it. …

“We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Two months after he lost the election, Mr. Trump repeatedly told his followers that they could still stop Mr. Biden from becoming president if they “fight like hell,” a formulation that suggested they act and change things, not merely raise their voices in protest.

As he dispatched his supporters into what became deadly chaos, Trump falsely told them that he would come, too.
Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. … We are going to the Capitol, and we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote, but we are going to try — give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re try — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”

As he sicced his supporters on Congress, Mr. Trump assured them that he would personally accompany them to the Capitol. In fact, as several of his followers and police officers were being injured or dying in the ensuing chaos, the president was watching the violence play out on television from the safety of the White House

Old 01-27-2021, 08:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
In effect he called all Trump supporters racist at the debate where he called President Trump a racist. Not a great way to heal a nation. After the debate he doubled down.

Biden Says He’s Not Sorry for Calling Trump Racist, Clown, Liar, ‘Putin’s Puppy’ During Debate: ‘Everything I Said Was True’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-...said-was-true/

The inauguration will be his last best chance I think. He should have apologized right away. Nothing like that should ever get said at a debate. Calling someone a racist is the equivalent of calling someone the N word.
Did trump apologize for suggesting Ted Cruz father worked with castro to assasinate JFK? When you act like a bully d9nt expect people to treat you kindly.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:47 PM

Default yup sooner the better for us all to forget DJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No need to apologize for telling the truth. Doubtful Biden will ever mention trump again. Trump has become irrelevant
He is so done after insurrection, what he did is criminal! Trump almost got VP Pence hung and 5 died that day because of ALL TRUMPS continuous LIES though out his ADMIN especially @ the end after he lost the election and DJT is racist always has been, no debate there remember when he called any Country with brown ppl ****hole Countries way back
yup that is was Donald J Trump @ his finest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies