Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 01:20 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Hmm, so would you say the same thing about those that voted for Biden, you know the ones that the Right Wing media paints as dangerous radical left wing, Antifa burning cities?

The reality is that both extremes are the minority on both sides, unfortunately many on both sides are too willing to give a pass on the extremists in their side and paint the extremists on the other side as the majority of that side.
I feel this way about both sides. For example, I know so many really kind, decent older people who would never dream of being even mildly antagonistic, much less aggressive or violent, who still don't understand that the Democrat Party left them in the dust several years ago and still believe that they are voting for the party of JFK that cares about the working man.

Even the vast majority of younger Democrat voters, while coming across as angry and radical, would not resort to violent or destructive behavior. The fringe lunatics on both sides are few. It's just that the MSM gives the lefty loonies a bye, while the ones on the right are used as an excuse to try to destroy everyone in the country who didn't vote Dem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 01:31 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,632,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Partly agree with you. Yes, there are crazies on both sides. But what I see a different standard of news coverage of the two different groups. While BLM/ANTIFA riots and protest are called “mostly peaceful” (in spite of the video coverage of violent protest) right wing protestors are demonized as all bad regardless of if they were violent or not.
I agree with you on that. I think that the MSM needs to drop their damn bias like yesterday. The moderate left needs to wise up. This crap is how and why we got Trump. People were sick of it. And sick of the lies of the Establishment.

It's why I won't stop saying, the vast majority of the protesters there on 1/6 had every right to be there doing what they were doing. They were mostly peaceful.

I would propose a trade.

Forces that show up to police the left's events need to stop doing all this "crowd control" and going after people that they have no reason to, who showed up to peacefully protest and who were doing nothing but. Arrest anyone you see doing an actual crime, and stop harassing anyone else. No more dousing med stations with pepperspray, no more attacking media, no more stomp & drag, no more herding and trapping peaceful people or preventing them from leaving before curfew. Stop treating it like an excuse for a war game.

And the right needs to be accurately reported, as legit protesters with a message, people who are there to be heard.

Peaceful protesters should be treated with equal respect.

Criminals should be treated with equal contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies