Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 01:27 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Did you just make that up?
No, He made an error. It was part of the Mandate. But people fail to remember that after the Armistice of 1949, Jordan annexed it as a spoil of war and called it the West Bank of the Jordan River. People tend to not know history. In 1948 during the Jericho Conference before the war was over intended to annex the entire region, there was never an intention for Palestine to come into existence. This is why Egypt didn't annex the Gaza Strip and dissolved the Palestinian Council. In 1964 Jordan was already planning to go to war again when they printed a stamp of Jordan with it's border being the Mediterranean Sea ( there was no section cutout for the Gaza Strip). 1964 is also when Fatah and the PLO came into existence in Jordan. I think you can put together the rest to know that the 1967 war was inevitable and Israel knew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 01:29 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Exactly. the Palestinians also have a right to exist.
Too bad the Palestinians won't say the same for the Israelis.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Exactly. the Palestinians also have a right to exist.
The Palestinian People do have the right to exist, but we'll have to wait until the elections occur and if so, then OSLO can finally move forward. But one thing to keep in mind, if Hamas wins the elections will Fatah/PLO easily hand of the reigns of control over the Palestinian Authority.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Too bad the Palestinians won't say the same for the Israelis.
You have to keep in mind that they've been educated to think that way for decades. Even the UNRWA was found to be complicit in educating the youths to think that way.

https://www.impact-se.org/wp-content...erritories.pdf

Old 02-01-2021, 02:37 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I hear you. Not my chosen land, but by all means, keep fighting the good fight.
It’s the most valuable piece of real estate to the three main Abrahamic religions, which is why there’s so much interest in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You have to keep in mind that they've been educated to think that way for decades. Even the UNRWA was found to be complicit in educating the youths to think that way.

https://www.impact-se.org/wp-content...erritories.pdf
To be honest, I think it goes beyond that. A lot of Arabs and Muslims in general simply don’t want Jerusalem to be governed by Jews. They view it as the third holiest city in the world. For Jews on the other hand, it’s the first. I think that’s going to be a major roadblock in the future.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
To be honest, I think it goes beyond that. A lot of Arabs and Muslims in general simply don’t want Jerusalem to be governed by Jews. They view it as the third holiest city in the world. For Jews on the other hand, it’s the first. I think that’s going to be a major roadblock in the future.
For those who have read the Quran ( I wish Woodrow was still here to discuss this) in it's original form who have translated it for themselves, know that this area belonged to the Jews. The problem is that over 90% can't understand the Arabic used in the Quran, so they have to go with mis-translations and the agenda's of Imams.

As this would most likely be a subject for R&S, I'll just include a link.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/is-jer...ic-city-578560

Old 02-01-2021, 08:36 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Well, looks like the Biden administration at least has their quick shuffle-and-change dance moves down pat. They've known for a long time they'd need them.
Well Israel will be depending on God alone cause ol Joe is gonna make himself more useless than usual until Bama pulls the plug on him. Then Commie Kammie takes over and it gets even more messed up........

Old 02-01-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Well Israel will be depending on God alone cause ol Joe is gonna make himself more useless than usual until Bama pulls the plug on him. Then Commie Kammie takes over and it gets even more messed up........
Israel has no intention to believe Biden anymore than Obama. Can't wait to see where Biden is going to come up with a additional $300 Million in order to send the funds to the UNRWA. Wonder if we'll see a thread stating "$300 Million for the Palestinians yet only $600 for Americans"?

Old 02-01-2021, 11:57 PM

4,190 posts, read 2,508,104 times
So what if Biden insults Israel? Israel insults the US by spying on us and actively involving itself in our internal politics. Its about time the tail stops wagging the dog. Sometimes the interests of Israel are the same as the US and sometimes they are not.

Old 02-02-2021, 05:01 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It sure didn't take long for anti-Semitism to rear it's ugly head once a Democrat was back in the Oval Office. What's next, moving the embassy out of the Capital?
I’m pro Israel as a Christian- but politically they should just be another ally. As far as Netanyahu, I don’t like some of his policies. He has been silent since Covid and not sure if welcomed Biden. I agree it’s God’s chosen people, the land has always been at war, but when God gets ready to something “special”- like end if times, He will orchestrate everything. It’s His game plan, and really don’t need us.
Being anti policy -does not mean anti people.

Last edited by tinytrump; 02-02-2021 at 05:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies