Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 09:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Screw the balls and galas....do THIS every four years!
Exactly. Lovely show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 09:21 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
I think the newly elected folks and their families would enjoy this more. It has been a long day. And then they have to throw on a ball gown and heels?

This way they can relax and have family time before the new day starts.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:23 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I loved it so much! Medicine for the soul. The music was top notch, I enjoyed every performer, even Justin Timberlake (I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he was) Foo Fighters were a highlight for sure. The best ever, they should continue doing this in the future.

I regret that I missed most of the fireworks, for some reason I spontaneously decided to take out the garbage at that time, and ended up chatting with a neighbor for a minute. Darn it, I love fireworks most of all! Maybe I'll get to see reruns of it.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I loved it so much! Medicine for the soul. The music was top notch, I enjoyed every performer, even Justin Timberlake (I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he was) Foo Fighters were a highlight for sure. The best ever, they should continue doing this in the future.

I regret that I missed most of the fireworks, for some reason I spontaneously decided to take out the garbage at that time, and ended up chatting with a neighbor for a minute. Darn it, I love fireworks most of all! Maybe I'll get to see reruns of it.
Oh so sad!! The fireworks were spectacular.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:25 PM

77 posts, read 32,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I lived it. Katy Perry was my fav. And also Demi Lovato!!! I was dancing.
She was good. I would have danced, but my wife would have called that a form of terrorism, so I sat down and just tapped my foot.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:27 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Promise?
Yeah. Sounds about right. Have you applied for an upcoming death camp guard position? Too bad you people think that you are the only ones who should be allowed to have an opinion. It makes for genocides and a miserable planet.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah. Sounds about right. Have you applied for an upcoming death camp guard position? Too bad you people think that you are the only ones who should be allowed to have an opinion. It makes for genocides and a miserable planet.
Did you watch the show? It seems like many of the speakers/performers would align with your side. It was a real effort to unify the US.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:42 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The projection is strong in this post.

Who was it, once more, who wore that horrendous "Camp Auschwitz" shirt while storming the Capitol at Trump's urging, a mere two weeks ago?

Hint: It sure wasn't any Democrat. Or anyone who understands democracy and our country, and how it works. Or the teachings of Christianity or any of the other great religions.

Shoot, the ignoramus hater didn't even understand how our laws work.

He's finding out now.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:45 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Just watched the fireworks - amazing
Yep...Payed and supplied by the CCP. Enjoy the show.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:47 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did you watch the show? It seems like many of the speakers/performers would align with your side. It was a real effort to unify the US.
Nope. Don't even have a TV at this point. Yeah, there is Youtube and the Amazon service (don't have that either), but I just don't watch stuff like that. Or at least very rarely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies