Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 08:27 AM

20,307 posts, read 19,899,417 times

Advertisements

No WAY in hell they'll be critical of Harris.

The 60 Minutes interview proved that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 11:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Yeah I'm curious to see how the media goes about things. My guess is Biden will be seen as a God. Everything he does will be perfect and any unpopular decision he makes will be due to him being forced to make the decision "Because of what Trump left him". I strongly feel like the media is going to be pro-Democrat and anti-Republican even more during his first term to try and strengthen an agenda.

I wonder how stupid late night shows are going to handle this. Seth Meyers dedicates his whole show basically to bashing Trump. Now what is he going to do? I'm guessing still talk about Trump somehow.

My one friend, who voted for Biden, texted me last night saying how the media was already making lies about Biden in his first few hours of Presidency and how "ridiculous" it was (I'm guessing Fox News? I don't know. He hates them). Oh, I'm sorry, I should have sympathy for you? Wasn't Trump blamed for a hurricane not too long ago? Aren't all Republicans racist? Well, that's what I've been told basically. So, yeah, shut up.
True.

I don't watch the late night shows but all the coverage was just trash the president every night.

Will they continue? Or find a new target?

Old 01-21-2021, 11:51 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,782,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It wasn't long ago that I would switch back and forth between the right wing fake news and the left wing fake news, just to get a balance of information.

But the left wing fake news has gone so far off the deep end, that they have become nothing more than left wing propaganda networks. They have made themselves completely unwatchable to anyone who doesn't agree with left wing politics.

So as of late, I have been sticking to just watching the right wing networks. If it is all going to be propaganda, I may as well watch the propaganda that I am politically aligned with.
So in you only want to hear what you want to hear? Why don't you try to research instead. Living in a bubble on the left or right is not a balanced perspective.

Character assignation by the MSM MTSilvertip?
I guess Moscow Mitch is now part of that character assassination?
Chicago Tribune: " Mitch McConnell blames Trump's lies for Capital riot."
Business Insider: " Mitch McConnell blames Trump for deadly Capitol Riot.

The Wall Street Journal: " McConnell says Trump Provoked Mob That Attacked Capital."

FOX News: McConnell says Trump provoked the Capital riot as Senate weighs another impeachment."

CNBC: "Trump provoked deadly Capitol riot, Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell says.

Does that make Mitch a RINO now? Should we blame the MSM for character assignation, or should we not kill the messenger and place the blame where it really belongs?

SMH at you die hard apologists that prefer to live in make believe land. Poor Donnie. Everybody else but him right?

Old 01-21-2021, 11:55 AM

8,372 posts, read 4,355,452 times
Oh, the extremist here are already blaming Biden for all of Trumps screw ups.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:01 PM

29,406 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Looking for first criticism of Biden ... who will report it?

CNN?
NYT?
WaPo?

Or will it be nothing but unicorns farting rainbows?
It will be the unicorns and rainbows for the next couple of years, I bet. The disgusting amount of media fawning so far has actually been cringe worthy.

https://youtu.be/NZkMPHQ93Po

https://youtu.be/ZUIviKZz9VU

https://youtu.be/-bIrI0aV6A8

Old 01-21-2021, 02:36 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Oh, the extremist here are already blaming Biden for all of Trumps screw ups.
Not at all.

Just seeing if the media will do something besides fawn. They crucified, made fun of and disrespected the last president on an hourly basis.

Will they do the same with the new one? Or will they praise him no matter what happens?

50,000 jobs lost ... what's the coverage?

Old 01-21-2021, 02:41 PM

4,841 posts, read 2,661,039 times
Quote:
me..he's been in office for 1 day already..where's my damn vaccine..

Old 01-21-2021, 02:43 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,727,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

CNN?
NYT?
WaPo?

Or will it be nothing but unicorns farting rainbows?
They'll be too busy sniffing his farts and heaping praises upon him to have a single negative thing to say.

Meanwhile, on Day 1 of Biden's America, we saw 4,385 Covid-19 deaths -- the second worst day recorded thus far. We also are seeing "just an idea" Antifa rioting in Portland, Denver and Seattle as well.

We're off to an amazing start!

Old 01-21-2021, 02:47 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,674,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It wasn't long ago that I would switch back and forth between the right wing fake news and the left wing fake news, just to get a balance of information.

But the left wing fake news has gone so far off the deep end, that they have become nothing more than left wing propaganda networks. They have made themselves completely unwatchable to anyone who doesn't agree with left wing politics.

So as of late, I have been sticking to just watching the right wing networks. If it is all going to be propaganda, I may as well watch the propaganda that I am politically aligned with.
It's all propaganda. I find Ben Shapiro and Bill Maher to actually present things the most accurately, believe it or not.

Even though I'm on the right, people like Mark Levine or Lou Dobbs just seem to rant with little in the way of facts. I put them down there with Chris Cuomo, Trevor Noah, and Don Lemon.

Shapiro and Maher are open about their bias and they actually present things less biased than their mainstream media counterparts.

Last edited by TXRunner; 01-21-2021 at 03:38 PM..

Old 01-21-2021, 02:48 PM

17,764 posts, read 13,651,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
me..he's been in office for 1 day already..where's my damn vaccine..
The right wingers have been predicting gloom and doom for several days now since it finally sunk in that Biden was actually going to be sworn in.

Now they are telling us that if it's NOT gloom and doom it's only because the MSM is lying about it.

The right wing rationalization process is ahead of schedule it looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies