Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 09:14 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,569,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Caesar Chavez's granddaughter is working in the Biden administration. I think she can dictate what Chavez would like better than you.
I see..so she can supposedly "dictate" her interpretation of his public statements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 09:20 AM

6,593 posts, read 4,966,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hilarious! Caesar Chavez was opposed to illegal immigration and Biden is pro-illegal immigration. What does he think he doing? Appealing to Hispanics who have no idea what Chavez really stood for but are enamored that he chose to put a bust of a Hispanic in his office?

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...al-office-desk
I think he is seen as a human rights activist for the field immigrants and a labor activist, I dont think many people know his stance on illegals immigration, I believe he was for worker programs that granted permits and regulated employers. The great majority of democrats feel that way too, so that we all agree immigration is a wedge issue that neither side wants to solve.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:28 AM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Caesar Chavez's granddaughter is working in the Biden administration. I think she can dictate what Chavez would like better than you.
Obviously this is a partisan attack thread.

Setting that aside, now is a good time to educate ourselves with some facts.

Chavez's union is down from 70k about 50 years ago to around 10k today. Easiest way to bust unions is to ensure a large supply of cheap laborers with no rights. You can imagine where all the lobbying dollars come from....Tyson, Cargill etc. etc. etc.

https://civileats.com/2019/05/07/les...ion-heres-why/

Quote:
there are a number of reasons why California’s half a million farmworkers no longer turn to the union for support, including employer intimidation, high worker turnover, the involvement of farm labor contractors in hiring, and the fact that half of agricultural laborers are undocumented and don’t want to take risks for fear of deportation or losing work.
I don't know about you but is this what "progress" looks like?

Old 01-21-2021, 09:32 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,748,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I see..so she can supposedly "dictate" her interpretation of his public statements?
More so than Tucker, Hannity, or Limbaugh can, that's for sure.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:34 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,922,271 times
Virtue signaling is the essence of being successful in the modern, woke Democrat party.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:37 AM

46,816 posts, read 25,738,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was wondering who that was. I guess having a bust of a powerful American that fought and worked for America...
You probably should have looked up Chavez before typing, then your post wouldn't look nearly as silly as it does now.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:38 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,638,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Again, google it. Caesar Chavez....born and raised American.

The preconceptions ruining rampant over the name are certainly confirming the perceptions of the Trump/alt-right fanbase......
I love when left wing loons jump to conclusions and prove once again that any sense of humor was surgically removed along with common sense.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:38 AM

1,378 posts, read 731,493 times
Quote:
Boom! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Not white? Then what race was he?
Hispanics are not white..they should be recognized as a new race.

Quote:
Not white, not American according to Team Trump.
Exactly..they are only white when it's convenient for racists like them.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:41 AM

29,443 posts, read 22,366,566 times
Very common for people to act 'woke' and do things they think are 'woke' without realizing or caring about the truth of what they are doing.

But that's the revisionist and shallow society we live in, fit the narrative to the situation. In these types of cases, ultimately what matters is race. Who cares what they stood for in reality, all that matters is the outer skin color so let's use that person to show how 'woke' we are.

It's like Kamala Harris. In years past she was actually the very type of person groups like BLM and lefties would despise, proponent of harsh sentencing for criminals (many of the drugs type) that disproportionately targeted the Black community. Yet, now all of a sudden her face is featured multiple times on BLM's social media pages, and now she's a 'hero' for being the first Black woman to hold the vice presidency.

Yes sir folks, pure comedy. Ignore/gloss over what doesn't fit the narrative, just so you can prop that person up for your own agendas.

Here is the stubborn truth about Cesar Chavez

Quote:
Enter President Obama, who unlike Chavez either knows nothing or prefers to ignore the labor market supply-and-demand relationship. On Oct. 8, President Obama travelled to Keene to establish the Cesar Chavez Monument as part of another naked attempt to woo Latino voters — the same voters who favor him by 70 percent over challenger Mitt Romney. Helen Chavez, Cesar's elderly grandmother, also spoke at the ceremony.

Apparently, neither Obama nor his advisers have any concept of what Chavez's legacy is truly about. Chavez was not a champion for more immigration, or whatever other flowery language the president might use in an effort to establish a connection with Latinos. To pretend otherwise is revisionist.

Even the most radical California university professors acknowledge that Chavez worked in concert with the Immigration and Nationalization Services. Chavez and his UFW lieutenants reported aliens on sight and went so far as to establish what became known as a "wet line," a 100-mile stretch along the Arizona border with Mexico to keep illegal immigrants out of the United States. Facts, as the saying goes, are stubborn

Old 01-21-2021, 09:43 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,460,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Obviously this is a partisan attack thread.

Setting that aside, now is a good time to educate ourselves with some facts.

Chavez's union is down from 70k about 50 years ago to around 10k today. Easiest way to bust unions is to ensure a large supply of cheap laborers with no rights. You can imagine where all the lobbying dollars come from....Tyson, Cargill etc. etc. etc.

https://civileats.com/2019/05/07/les...ion-heres-why/

I don't know about you but is this what "progress" looks like?
Agree that this is a problem. Giving these workers a pathway to citizenship would seem to be a better solution than continuing the status quo. Citizens can join unions.

My “attack” is at the morons who do not know who Cesar Chavez is and seem to think he is the former leader of Venezuela.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies