Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 05:18 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times

Advertisements

How did that change? Did Joey send out an updated formula so the jab is now better?

Old 04-26-2021, 05:23 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Wow.

When did anyone ever say that they wouldn't receive the COVID 19 vaccine because Donald Trump's administration created the Warp Speed project?

Old 04-26-2021, 05:27 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times
Quote:

Wow.

When did anyone ever say that they wouldn't receive the COVID 19 vaccine because Donald Trump's administration created the Warp Speed project?
Your fearless buffoon leaders!

Biden, Seizing on Worries of a Rushed Vaccine, Warns Trump Can’t Be Trusted

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/u...s-vaccine.html

I will not take his word for it': Kamala Harris says she would not trust Trump alone on a coronavirus vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/polit...ntv/index.html

Old 04-26-2021, 05:35 AM

The NYT article is paywalled, but the brief glimpse I had of it before the paywall shut me down stated that Biden wasn't against the vaccine, he was against the politicization of the vaccine.

The CNN article also doesn't support your contention that people wouldn't receive the vaccine because Trump was involved. You yourself even state that Harris "would not trust Trump alone on a coronavirus vaccine". She wanted assurance from people who were qualified to state that the vaccine was safe and effective.

Give it up. You've contradicted your own claim.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:53 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I don't remember Biden saying he wouldn't take the vaccine but he did lie to us when he got his shot when Trump was still the President and later told us that he got it under his admin...

Harris did say that she would not trust the vaccine developed under Trump. How stupid is she? Did she think that Trump was in the lab working alongside the scientists?

I believe Biden and his fellow Dems including Fauci told us it would take up to 3 years to make a vaccine. Imagine being locked down for 3 years?

The fact is we are in a better place today thanks to Trump and his operation warp speed.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:01 AM

Yes, give the Trump administration credit for establishing agreements with various (I believe up to 10) different drug companies, contracting for the purchase of hundreds of millions of doses of vaccines that were produced.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine didn't benefit from Operation Warp Speed, but the Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccines were helped by it.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Wow.

Our current vice-president, for starters.

See what happens when you only listen to one side? You miss stuff. Usually, it's stuff that isn't favorable to the side you listen to. Wouldn't you want to know about that stuff?

I really don't get the "having less information is superior to having more information" mindset the Left is in right now. It does explain a lot, but it doesn't make any sense.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
The NYT article is paywalled, but the brief glimpse I had of it before the paywall shut me down stated that Biden wasn't against the vaccine, he was against the politicization of the vaccine.

The CNN article also doesn't support your contention that people wouldn't receive the vaccine because Trump was involved. You yourself even state that Harris "would not trust Trump alone on a coronavirus vaccine". She wanted assurance from people who were qualified to state that the vaccine was safe and effective.

Give it up. You've contradicted your own claim.
"if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

-- VP candidate Kamala Harris, 10/7/20

Old 04-26-2021, 07:23 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
I'm old enough to remember the flurry of media articles questioning the safety of any coronavirus vaccine produced at warp speed. We were told that they've been working on these things for years, and never found a safe or effective one. 'Experts' said this. I recall being told that Trump was delusional, lying, or they implied that he was putting undue pressure on regulating agencies to sacrifice safety. And then the election happened, and we were told this vaccine was the safest thing there is. It would be really nice to have honest, nuanced, transparent discussions, but that is asking too much of the powers that be. My husband is getting the vaccine tomorrow, and given the censorship, propaganda, and coercion surrounding the vaccine, I don't know what information to trust about its safety. It feels like a big gamble.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:29 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Wow.

Nobody did, obviously.

This thread is just a big strawman, because he won't be able to come up with any poster that said they would never take the jab because of Trump. Even his own link of Harris clearly states:

"Yes. I trust Dr. Fauci," Harris continued. She said she "would trust the word of public health experts and scientists, but not Donald Trump."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies