Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 08:41 AM

158 posts, read 72,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They are packed together in a parking lot in 40 degree temps with covid as an ever looming threat.

They came to treat the irrational worries of Americans who thought there would be a fascist coup, and now they are of no more political use.

Wake up.
I have several friends out there right now. They are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 08:47 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontmc View Post
Do I care? Is 40 degrees supposed to be cold? A bunch of Millennial snowflakes crying because they can't get on Instagram. Pathetic!

Send them to Afghanistan and let them complain from there!
They are national guards sent down to assuage the worries of unwell Americans possessed by the media into thinking there was some threat of a fascist coup.

If this was from one of your political enemies, you would be outraged. But all you care about is defending your favorite politicians.

That is why I ask you to wake up, so you can see they do not serve you.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These are the same capitol police that helped Trump attempt an overthrow of the government. Investigations need to be done to see what is behind all this anti-American behavior. It appears that the White House carpets are not the only thing needing a deep cleaning after the stain of Trump.
Keep milking that iNsUrReCtIoN cow.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:53 AM

158 posts, read 72,560 times
Quote:
They are national guards sent down to assuage the worries of unwell Americans possessed by the media into thinking there was some threat of a fascist coup.

If this was from one of your political enemies, you would be outraged. But all you care about is defending your favorite politicians.

That is why I ask you to wake up, so you can see they do not serve you.

I think you’re thinking too outside the box. There’s no conspiracy. The only reason for heightened security on the days before and after the inauguration is because of the events from January 6th.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...24501927243779

They have covid now, because democrats wanted to use them as a political prop and then discarded them with no plans to house them.

Wake up.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:15 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...capitol-461220

This is how the world works, politicians use you when its beneficial, and discard you when the time has come.

There was no threat needing a deployment of 200,000 troops, this was radical fearmongering from bored Americans hoping that they'd chance to see a fascist coup.

The political leaders exploited this irrationality for votes, and now leave the national guard on the road side.

I wish this would wake democrats on this site up that their party leaders are not here to save you, and they do not serve you least of all.

But it won't sadly.
I read that the lawmakers pitched a fit too. It was the Capitol Police who relegated them to the garages, not the lawmakers.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...capitol-461220

This is how the world works, politicians use you when its beneficial, and discard you when the time has come.

There was no threat needing a deployment of 200,000 troops, this was radical fearmongering from bored Americans hoping that they'd chance to see a fascist coup.

The political leaders exploited this irrationality for votes, and now leave the national guard on the road side.

I wish this would wake democrats on this site up that their party leaders are not here to save you, and they do not serve you least of all.

But it won't sadly.

Just WHERE is that number coming from?

Have a credible source?

Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Well, of course they are fine——because Doctor Jill Biden brought them chocolate chip cookies.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:18 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...24501927243779

They have covid now, because democrats wanted to use them as a political prop and then discarded them with no plans to house them.

Wake up.
Democrats were tweeting their outrage about what happened. It wasn't them, it was the Capitol Police.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I read that the lawmakers pitched a fit too. It was the Capitol Police who relegated them to the garages, not the lawmakers.
Yeah, that's how PR works.

The sent in a force larger than the one in Afghanistan to protect against an imaginary threat that could win brownie points with their base.

They made them stay longer than needed, and didn't think about housing them.

Now they have covid, stop defending political opportunists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies