Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 01:45 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They wanted to impeach Trump minutes after becoming president.. and hated him before he took office.
As the saying goes, believe someone when they show you who they are. He was so much worse than I had even imagined. The relief I feel having him gone is indescribable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 01:49 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Anyone who doesn't remember this from the Obama years has a very short memory. The balance in the Mainstream News Media of Right-bias to Left-bias is roughly the same as the balance between Jews and Muslims in the Middle East. Sure the Right/Jews are there and control a piece of it, but the Left/Muslims are overwhelmingly dominant. So you're going to hear a lot more Left-biased drivel than Right-biased by a gigantic margin.

The Left-biased media rarely challenges a Democrat president. The tend to ask hard-hitting questions such as, "So when did you first realize you were destined for greatness." They will softball them across the board and only report on scandals to try to debunk them, ala Fast and Furious and Benghazi. Then there's Hollyweird and celebrities. I remember the band Green Day opining and whining long and loud about how terrible it was that George W was waging war in foreign lands. When Obama took over, the wars didn't stop and new zones of conflict were opened for the flimsiest of reasons, but you didn't hear a peep from Green Day and other musical artists who had complained endlessly about the military adventurism of George W. Antifa and BLM rose to become prominent and violent movements under Obama and Obama didn't do much to stop them, but none of the Left-biased news and celebrities ever hold him accountable. At the border, separating children from those claiming to be their parents and sticking them all in cages -- none of that was a bad thing until Trump inherited it from Obama. Obama's mismanagement of things in Iraq and Syria directly led to the ISIS caliphate, but he gets none of the blame. Trump worked with governments in the region to completely eliminate the ISIS caliphate, but he gets none of the credit for it. And just two days into Biden's presidency, doing something about Antifa suddenly becomes a good idea.

The Right must build their own everything if they want to survive because the status quo for many decades has been ridiculously biased against them, and that imbalance is being pushed 10 times harder than ever before.
The media will attack Biden for not being left enough - I know that isn't what you want but it is reality. He's actually not nearly as centrist as the alt-left will claim but that is the role he has been cast in. So he will be getting it from both sides, which all in all, most likely means he will be doing a lot of things right.

I do think he's 100% sincere about wanting to find some consensus and govern for all Americans - one of my biggest fears is that will lead to paralysis and not getting nearly as much accomplished as he needs to in these next two years

Old 01-22-2021, 01:50 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know the immediate reaction, "what worship"?

But still it is there, the media has gone on a none-stop rampage of love bombing the Biden administration for literally doing nothing.

This form of celebrity worship will doom our country. He is not a hero, he is not here to save America, and he is not here to save you.
The press releases were downright cordial. No Jim Acosta whining.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Worship Biden.. that is impossible... who could? For what? they guy is a fraud and he only made mistakes in his 37 years in office. The guy promises nothing to Americans that is of any value. Biden works for the globalists if you look at his actions .. .look closely democrats and what will he do for you.. NOTHING!!

Illegals, big tech, corporations and China will reap the good .. Americans will lose their jobs no matter if they are democrat or republican or independent. Biden is a job killer.

Biden will insure you will have higher taxes to pay, higher gas prices, lower paychecks, and China will do very well . Russia will sell their oil and grow rich, while Biden kills off fracking killing more jobs. Whoopee!!

Old 01-22-2021, 01:51 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
This is a sort of manipulative double-show you are watching.
So you never ever caught on that Trump's primary M-O and strategy was manipulation and deception of his supporters, but now, because Biden does not conform to your programmed Q-Anon and wing-nut fairyland mindset, you think you are being manipulated? The fact that Biden speaks to everyone, does not use dog whistle phrases, and deals with policy and specifics, you feel alienated and manipulated and can't process it. You are probably still waiting for Trump to roll out his healthcare plan.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:52 PM

200 posts, read 83,071 times
Being all lovey dovey about President Biden is not going to get that many viewers......ratings will go down......

The media needs something extreme to happen......their viewers need a more potent hit of the drug......

Old 01-22-2021, 01:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
The press didnt attack so therefore its all unity and success. They attacked trump admin and it was "divisive and fail". Media has half the fools fooled.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:55 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
America runs on storytelling.

What are the first things you remember being taught about American history? The story of the first Thanksgiving. Washington and the cherry tree. "The British are coming!" Our national anthem literally tells the story of the aftermath of a battle.

It's never stopped. From Ben Franklin's kite to Camelot to a place called Hope to today - and you really can't beat Joe Biden when it comes to having a life story that hits every cinematic note.

So sure, there's going to be a lot of gushing and excitement now because Biden makes for a good story.

And the other thing is - America WANTS to love our president. It's why we (the collective we) embrace their quirks and are so quick to forgive their failings once they're out of office. Reagan is known for his love of jelly beans and his speech about the Challenger disaster as much (or more) than he was for say...ignoring the AIDS crisis. For those who are old enough to remember Carter, I remember the giant rabbit and Billy Beer before I remember the gas lines. We can even joke about Nixon for heaven's sake.

But Trump was hard to love. And what you're seeing now is all that patriotic affection stored up for four years and dumped on Biden.

For what it's worth - Trump didn't have to be so bad. After I got over the shock of his election, I thought well...he's so unpredictable, he will probably **** off the Rs as much as the Ds. But he surrounded himself with the worst, least competent people. I did not expect that. I thought he'd hire a bunch of experts and let them run things while he went around opening hospitals and welcoming diplomats. My armchair diagnosis is that his need to be liked and admired led him to glom on to the only people willing to do that - and they unfortunately were Bannon, Miller, Barr, Kushner et al.

I suspect even January 6 will not effect our ability to remember only the fun stuff, and in a few years we'll be laughing and reminiscing about the Diet Coke button and remembering Trump the way you remember that crazy ex. "What were we thinking, lol!"

Old 01-22-2021, 01:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:

But still it is there, the media has gone on a none-stop rampage of love bombing the Biden administration for literally doing nothing.

This form of celebrity worship will doom our country. He is not a hero, he is not here to save America, and he is not here to save you.
Why are you sure Biden isn't here to save America? Or you and me?

Why does the worship, if it even exists, need to stop?

The devotee worship never stopped with Trump, after all, even when it was obvious the chaos he was causing was bringing deep damage to the nation. Even when it was obvious he had lost and didn't want to leave. Even now, he wants to come back and get some more if he can.

If that worship never stopped, and is still lingering on so strongly, how in the world can you ever expect Biden worship will ever diminish?

Don't be silly, Fall. How you gonna get Biden's people to quit? Scold them? Scorn them?
Did any of that work with the Trumpettes? Ever?

The fact is: We are in another 90-day honeymoon period that happens every time a new President is elected. In 90 days, the honeymoon will be over and the criticism will begin, and life will return to political normalcy again for 4 years.
And then, if a new President comes, it will start all over again. This is nothing but our normal cycle.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:

I'm glad I got rid of my TV. The sickening spectacle of four years of the so-called journalists licking His Fraudulency's boots will be even more disgusting than four solid years of the ear-piercing banshee shriek of Trump hate by same so-called journalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies