Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 01:07 PM

5,114 posts, read 4,883,077 times

Advertisements

And who by this is surprised???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 01:08 PM

77,878 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Restaurants can open, the skies are clearing, cue the music....just like that, Illinois advances to Tier 1. They don't even PRETEND to wait a week after Biden was sworn in to make it not so obvious.
Was it just an arbitrary decision?
Was it that the infection rate or whatever hit X and that automatically triggers it?
Is it the whole state?

So I went an looked:

Region 6 Moves to Phase 4 and Region 7 Advances to Tier 1 | IDPH

Not arbitrary.
Set guidelines.
Just one of the regions. Several of the 11 regions are still tier 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now I'm left wondering if:

a) You heard this somewhere and weren't astute enough to ask basic questions but just accepted the premise because it told you what you wanted to hear.

or

b) You knew better but are intentionally trying to mislead people that this is some arbitrary decision, state-wide, just because Biden is in office.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:12 PM

77,878 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
And who by this is surprised???
You're an astute fellow. I'd like to offer you the investment opportunity of a lifetime....I recently inherited the brooklyn bridge.....

Old 01-22-2021, 01:14 PM

15,680 posts, read 6,386,515 times
Did we not hear a prediction back in December that the peak would be around Jan. 15th? Well it turns out they were right. Cases have started to decline.

All I know is out on the coast we're not even close to going down a tier, so good for Illinois.

Last edited by rjshae; 01-22-2021 at 01:31 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 01:15 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,272,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Was it that the infection rate or whatever hit X and that automatically triggers it?
Is it the whole state?

So I went an looked:

Not arbitrary.
Set guidelines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a) You heard this somewhere and weren't astute enough to ask basic questions but just accepted the premise because it told you what you wanted to hear.

or

b) You knew better but are intentionally trying to mislead people that this is some arbitrary decision, state-wide, just because Biden is in office.

I know where my money is.....

Old 01-22-2021, 01:17 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,431,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Or maybe it’s obvious that it is now 3 weeks after New Year and the number of new cases is shrinking as people are finished with their holiday season gatherings.
I guess Trump’s plan was working!

Old 01-22-2021, 01:39 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,150,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Or perhaps it's because their numbers are trending down?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/illinois/
Noooo, it's a conspiracy! Everything is a conspiracy!!!!!

Everyone is out to get Twumpie Wumpie!

You're seriously not expecting Trump supporters to believe the numbers, are you? It's all about their feelings.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:41 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,516,814 times
" And just like that, Illinois advances to Tier 1"

Just.

Like.

That.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:43 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,693,963 times
And with three comorbidities, I still can't get the vaccine here in Illiniois. There isn't even a "call this number" option to ask questions. Just, "Shut up and wait, we'll get to you when we get to you."

Old 01-22-2021, 01:45 PM

4,128 posts, read 2,814,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Is it the whole state?

So I went an looked:

Not arbitrary.
Set guidelines.

or

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies