Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2021, 02:04 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Keystone XL - POOF. You wanted this ****ing creep, America, you got him. That’s a LOT of jobs. Among other insane EO’s. F this guy and F you if you voted for him.
Cursing does not make a lie true. Lying and cursing degrades you and negates your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 02:09 PM

25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Biden did not reinstitute any death tax.
yeah, Forbes and my friend who is being impacted by the farm she inherited are both wrong, and you are right...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...h=68599316376f

I'm going with my friend and Forbes.

Old 01-24-2021, 02:14 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Try to learn coding and see what happens. Your comment is ignorant at another level.

Most of the workers in the oil and gas industry do not have transferable skills.
1)The industry isn’t going away anytime soon. It will wind down over the next few decades where people who retire won’t be replaced, etc.

2)Those in a dying industry who are younger and/or resourceful will find a way to either transfer their skills or obtain new ones. This is how an evolving free market economy works. You whining that your job is going away sounds so entitled. You sound like a government employee.

Old 01-24-2021, 02:30 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's funny when people act as keyboard warriors on google, find one article, and paste it as the sole source of truth.

Have you been ignoring farmers on purpose or just searched google for a single article to support your agenda? Because farmers have been opposing the pipeline in large numbers for quite some time.

https://www.agriculture.com/farm-man...stone-pipeline

https://www.farmaid.org/blog/askfarm...-and-farmland/

Farmland is a farmer's most valuable asset. I suggest you do some research and learn about farmers in America rather than appearing unknowledgeable on the topic.
Did you read the articles you linked? I read the first one (haven't gotten to the second one), and it's a well-balanced account of how the pipeline impacted some people along its route. Some people are in favor of the pipeline, some are opposed; some people have had a harmonious relationship with it, some people have not. It seems to have worked out pretty well, but certainly not perfectly. But still, it's a far cry from saying that "farmers have been opposing the pipeline in large numbers for quite some time."

Old 01-24-2021, 02:41 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's funny when people act as keyboard warriors on google, find one article, and paste it as the sole source of truth.

Have you been ignoring farmers on purpose or just searched google for a single article to support your agenda? Because farmers have been opposing the pipeline in large numbers for quite some time.

https://www.agriculture.com/farm-man...stone-pipeline

https://www.farmaid.org/blog/askfarm...-and-farmland/

Farmland is a farmer's most valuable asset. I suggest you do some research and learn about farmers in America rather than appearing unknowledgeable on the topic.
Don't like the message? Attack the messenger. Typical leftist tactics. I won't detail my ties to Farming as you'll just call me a lair suffice to say I'm very familiar with the life ....

Old 01-24-2021, 02:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,805,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Don't like the message? Attack the messenger. Typical leftist tactics. I won't detail my ties to Farming as you'll just call me a lair suffice to say I'm very familiar with the life ....
Liberals take everything personally. We have a farmer on this thread expressing his understanding of the situation.

I'm not sure why you feel people will call you a liar.. perhaps that's the position liberals have put themselves in.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
I can tell you've never worked in the industry. The amount of trucks and material transportation used in building the pipeline suffices for the nonsense you are espousing. Then again, I thought progressives were about reducing emissions so your solution is idiotic.

Like a good progressive Biden will just invade Syria and bomb some more brown people to run pipelines in the Middle East. I guess Libya and Yemen were warm ups, now Biden is salivating for the Syrians. Progressives, exploiting American jobs while destroying foreigners in the process.
I'm a truck driver. And again, pipeline construction is temporary

Old 01-24-2021, 04:47 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Wrong, my home and car are 100% powered by renewable sources via Xcel Energy’s Renewable Connect program.

https://www.xcelenergy.com/programs_...for_residences
Can't argue with logic like this.

Micro is macro.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:53 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, there are thousands of them (pipelines) already there. None of which carry tar sands oil.... Which was the point of my post.

Katy ISD...
What the heck does that last part mean?

Old 01-24-2021, 04:57 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Simple generate it out of the atmosphere using the electricity of the car motor. The motor can make it's own fuel if it's designed to run on hydrogen as a hybrid.

H2O. 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. Stick a spark inside a cup of water and the hydrogen generation begins.

Once exhausted by the vehicle, it re-combines with oxygen in the air to form water again.
You just described a perpetual motion machine. Car runs on hydrogen, and uses the power generated to make more hydrogen. Sorry, but its not possible to generate more energy than it consumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies