Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans, who would you like to see as the nominee in 2024?
Dan Bongino 0 0%
Tucker Carlson 6 3.03%
Dr. Ben Carson 2 1.01%
Sheriff David Clarke 1 0.51%
Tom Cotton 2 1.01%
Ted Cruz 10 5.05%
Ron Desantis 9 4.55%
Rudy Giuliani 2 1.01%
Marjorie Taylor Greene 5 2.53%
Nikki Haley 26 13.13%
Jim Jordan 1 0.51%
Mike Lee 1 0.51%
Kristi Noem 7 3.54%
Candace Owens 11 5.56%
Mike Pence 2 1.01%
Mike Pompeo 1 0.51%
Rand Paul 12 6.06%
Marco Rubio 6 3.03%
Tim Scott 1 0.51%
Ben Shapiro 2 1.01%
Donald Trump 32 16.16%
Donald Trump Jr 2 1.01%
Ivanka Trump 3 1.52%
Other Republican (explain in comments) 6 3.03%
I would probably vote Democrat, 3rd party, or not vote 48 24.24%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:33 PM

889 posts, read 272,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I did, and I edited my comment. Thank you. But I just don't see how people can support someone like this who acts like a person's child getting murdered or 9-1-1 is a big hoax. I really don't.

President George HW Bush was about the best it's been in recent history, and I had a lot of respect for him, both with some of his policies and as a person. If anyone can point out a Republican like him who is a candidate in 2024, that would be awesome.

I didn't like President George W. Bush's policies much at all, but at least he had some sense of decency.
ya his decency is DEFINATELY more important than the decisions he makes that effects us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Trump didn't lose the election because of his policies. I think most people agreed with his policies on taxes, immigration, energy independence, etc...

He lost because of his personality, and his big mouth. I knew when he refused to wear a mask that he was done, it just turned off way too many people and gave the media ammunition.
ya he just had to half heartedly play the game.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm an independent and won't bother voting. The democrats will just flood the country will millions of illegals, give the citizenship and stay in power. It's coming to the point where I just might move out of the country. I have 4-5 million dollars in property assets, I'm sure I can find a little small farm town in Europe where I can live out the rest of my days.
bring me!!!

Old 01-27-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Mike Pompeo is the one of the few people who isn't afraid to talk about how much power and influence China has over the United States.
*bout to get cancelled!!!

Old 01-28-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Do you really think Tucker, a guy who has never had a real job in his entire life, has the experience and political savvy to be even a somewhat-successful president?
hes informed, smart, NOT a polititian....and i just love him. but he doesnt have a shot....and i doubt hed WANT to run. but if he did id be gleeful

Old 01-28-2021, 12:05 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Republicans, who would you like to see as the nominee in 2024?
You omitted Diamond and Silk from your list of candidates.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:26 AM

754 posts, read 485,976 times
One term president who finished with the lowest average approval rating (41%) for US president in recent history leading the poll.

Jesus Christ Republican voters get a grip. If you're going to pick a 'populist' at least pick someone who's competent.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:25 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
One term president who finished with the lowest average approval rating (41%) for US president in recent history leading the poll.

Jesus Christ Republican voters get a grip. If you're going to pick a 'populist' at least pick someone who's competent.
Isn't that the truth!

Old 01-28-2021, 06:29 AM

955 posts, read 611,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You omitted Diamond and Silk from your list of candidates.
Nothing but respect for my future President and VP!

Old 01-28-2021, 07:32 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I'd like to see Nikki Haley get a shot. She has a good head on her shoulders.

Otherwise, too many loony tunes on that list. Jim Jordan? *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I'm surprised there is no love for Charlie Baker, Chris Sununu, and Larry Hogan. Are Northeastern Republicans dead when it comes to the national stage these days?
I'm not, as qualified as all three of them are. They don't kiss Trump's feet. Therefore, they are RINOs and might as well be Democrats, in the convoluted thinking of the (not so)Grand Old Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The northeast holds a lot of baggage for anybody running Republican. Ted Cruz brought it up vs Trump in the ‘16 primaries with “New York values”.
Leave it to Ted Cruz to not know the difference between Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maryland, and New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
UH, I'm positive he won the election, it was just stolen by a few key cities in key states by a corrupt DNC who made sure shady people were doing the counting of the votes, behind closed doors and with no transparency or unbiased witnesses. We knew the mail in ballots would be used fraudulently, and we were right. And we have a very corrupt system that refused to let Trump win because he was exposing their corruption.
LMAO. And you wonder why Trump lost the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Right now, the ONLY candidate on this list that could flip the Trump-to-Biden states red is Tucker Carlson. DJT is too old, incompetent on personnel moves and is too polarizing.
Tucker Carlson isn't polarizing? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies