Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans, who would you like to see as the nominee in 2024?
Dan Bongino 0 0%
Tucker Carlson 6 3.03%
Dr. Ben Carson 2 1.01%
Sheriff David Clarke 1 0.51%
Tom Cotton 2 1.01%
Ted Cruz 10 5.05%
Ron Desantis 9 4.55%
Rudy Giuliani 2 1.01%
Marjorie Taylor Greene 5 2.53%
Nikki Haley 26 13.13%
Jim Jordan 1 0.51%
Mike Lee 1 0.51%
Kristi Noem 7 3.54%
Candace Owens 11 5.56%
Mike Pence 2 1.01%
Mike Pompeo 1 0.51%
Rand Paul 12 6.06%
Marco Rubio 6 3.03%
Tim Scott 1 0.51%
Ben Shapiro 2 1.01%
Donald Trump 32 16.16%
Donald Trump Jr 2 1.01%
Ivanka Trump 3 1.52%
Other Republican (explain in comments) 6 3.03%
I would probably vote Democrat, 3rd party, or not vote 48 24.24%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 10:02 PM

768 posts, read 299,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I always was and always will be for Ted Cruz as my number one choice. He's a true Constitutionalist, an originalist, Alan Dershowitz said he was "among the top students" in his class.

My second choice would be any one of the others. I like them all and will vote for whomever wins the Republican nomination. However I don't think that Donald Trump should run again. Not that I don't like him, the media was successful in destroying his political career. Unfortunately, I just don't think that he could win again as the media would pull out all the stops. Not only that but at 78 he'd be too old.
No way man. Trump exposed Ted's family secrets in the 2016 primary. How can we let someone let Ted run this country after what his father did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 04:28 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Probably Ron DeSantis.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:45 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Cruz is getting a lot of flak for objecting to Biden’s confirmation. Some of the criticism is from his own party. Couple that with his staunch support of Trump and I don’t think he looks like a great candidate.

I saw this article and they talk about a Tim Scott/Kristi Noem ticket, then they have a picture of Tim Scott and Nikki Haley. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6563679002/

Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro are media/entertainment personalities. What they do works for podcasts and debates. I can’t see them as serious candidates, it’d be like the Democrats running Bill Maher or Trevor Noah. I haven’t seen enough of Tim Scott to know if he’d be a good candidate. I like Ben Carson, but he’s too soft spoken and comes across as passive. If he read an e-book, it’d be perfect material to fall asleep to.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:47 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Republicans, who would you like to see as the nominee in 2024?

None of the above. Too Trumpishy. Whatever happened to the traditional GOP?

Old 01-24-2021, 06:42 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Trump didn't lose the election because of his policies. I think most people agreed with his policies on taxes, immigration, energy independence, etc...

He lost because of his personality, and his big mouth. I knew when he refused to wear a mask that he was done, it just turned off way too many people and gave the media ammunition.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:13 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
All I can say is that the younger generation are being much much more politically active. The pandemic and Trump brought them out. If any candidate had been a Trumper, they will have a hard time winning. You better be a moderate like Kasich or you will have no chance. I will say this gives unknowns like Adam Kinzinger a chance while Cruz and Hawley ruined their chances as well as those republicans who objected to certify the votes on Jan. 6th. They will always be reminded of that in political ads. The Lincoln Project didn’t end just because Trump is gone.

I feel the country is moving towards progressivism. Gen Z and younger millennials are voting in droves. They’re the Bernie Sanders of years to come.

Also there are rumors that Trump might start his own Patriot Party...that will split the Republican vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Trump didn't lose the election because of his policies. I think most people agreed with his policies on taxes, immigration, energy independence, etc...

He lost because of his personality, and his big mouth. I knew when he refused to wear a mask that he was done, it just turned off way too many people and gave the media ammunition.
I felt it was his election to lose. If he even showed a bit of compassion or effort about the pandemic and Floyd tragedy, he would’ve had the next 4 yrs again.

Last edited by JL; 01-24-2021 at 07:23 AM..

Old 01-24-2021, 07:17 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Republicans, who would you like to see as the nominee in 2024?
I'm an independent and won't bother voting. The democrats will just flood the country will millions of illegals, give the citizenship and stay in power. It's coming to the point where I just might move out of the country. I have 4-5 million dollars in property assets, I'm sure I can find a little small farm town in Europe where I can live out the rest of my days.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Rick Scott is positioning himself for the job !!!
He is wealthy enough to withstand the persecution by the left and that is something that many in the OP's list don't have !!!

Old 01-24-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
None of the above. Too Trumpishy. Whatever happened to the traditional GOP?
And what exactly is that? What is considered traditional GOP?

Old 01-24-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
All I can say is that the younger generation are being much much more politically active. The pandemic and Trump brought them out. If any candidate had been a Trumper, they will have a hard time winning. You better be a moderate like Kasich or you will have no chance. I will say this gives unknowns like Adam Kinzinger a chance while Cruz and Hawley ruined their chances as well as those republicans who objected to certify the votes on Jan. 6th. They will always be reminded of that in political ads. The Lincoln Project didn’t end just because Trump is gone.

I feel the country is moving towards progressivism. Gen Z and younger millennials are voting in droves. They’re the Bernie Sanders of years to come.

Also there are rumors that Trump might start his own Patriot Party...that will split the Republican vote.

I felt it was his election to lose. If he even showed a bit of compassion or effort about the pandemic and Floyd tragedy, he would’ve had the next 4 yrs again.
UH, I'm positive he won the election, it was just stolen by a few key cities in key states by a corrupt DNC who made sure shady people were doing the counting of the votes, behind closed doors and with no transparency or unbiased witnesses. We knew the mail in ballots would be used fraudulently, and we were right. And we have a very corrupt system that refused to let Trump win because he was exposing their corruption. And it goes to show, our system is very effective at kicking people out that they don't want. Too bad they don't use that unity to actually help the American people out. Or maybe that is the intent, to destroy America period and make way for their new leader, the CCP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies