Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should only biological girls be allowed to play girls sports?
Yes 156 91.23%
No 15 8.77%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 01:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Reality is, Joe Biden is moving on this despite the fact that the vast majority of Democrat voters disagree. Social Justice doesn't win by democratic means. It wins by telling us:
  1. If you disagree, you're an XXXist and a XXXphobe!!
  2. Shut up!!
Will the Democrats ever hold their elected representatives accountable for acting in direct contradiction to what they want? In this case, I seriously doubt it.
Often bills and EOs contain clauses that have unintended consequences.

And then they can be fixed. Tweaking this EO would not be a big effort and would likely result in little disagreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 01:21 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Well sure, it would be easy for men to just claim to be trans, since everyone welcomes and embraces trans people, there's no stigma attached to it whatsoever, and there would be no consequences anywhere else in his life for doing so. Trans people are never assaulted, verbally harrassed, or discriminated against. Their parents never throw them out or withdraw support. Friends universally, instantly and completely accept them. I mean, this thread clearly demonstrates, trans people are loved and accepted without the bat of an eye, so there's no way a kid could pretend to be trans for the purposes of sports and not have it affect the rest of his life.

(I'm being sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell).

Terry and Andraya, by the way, have not "changed their minds" as a quick google search will verify.
If I go and tell my doctor that I identify as a "Right arm only" person and I would feel much better if he cut my left arm off, he would quickly refer me to get some psychiatric help, as well he should.

He wouldn't hold me up as a hero. He would recognize that I'm mentally unstable. If he cut my left arm off, he would quickly lose his medical license and probably be prosecuted.

The problem here is that we are treating mental illnesses as "courageous."

In the case of my left arm, I would be hurting no one but myself. In the case of gender dysphoria, I actually have the potential to hurt many others by encroaching on the sports that they play.

Gender is binary and INVOLUNTARY, period. Anyone that tells you otherwise for the sake of "wokeness" is lying to you and playing on your need to virtue signal.

Stop this madness.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
I agree with you

But I wonder what the "anything a man can do, a woman can do better", "women are the stronger, superior gender" crowd would say about this.

On the one hand, Hollywood, MSM, many feminists made it clear that grrrrrl power enables women to physically dominate men; yet at the same time they are saying "it's not fair that biological males compete against biological females" Why? here's a perfect opportunity to, once and for all, prove that women are superior to men physically

Cant have it both ways
Nobody who is sane says women are the most athletic gender. Women ARE stronger in many ways - we can survive infectious disease, starvation, being buried under rubble, etc., better than men statistically.

But no one thinks we're better on the athletic field. Except for Billie Jean King, of course, and she was right.

So there's that.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:28 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Nobody who is sane says women are the most athletic gender. Women ARE stronger in many ways - we can survive infectious disease, starvation, being buried under rubble, etc., better than men statistically.

But no one thinks we're better on the athletic field. Except for Billie Jean King, of course, and she was right.

So there's that.
Even that was silly, though. Billie Jean King was 29 and in the prime of her athletic life and she played an old, washed up 55 year old Bobby Riggs.

There's never been a time in history where the #1 female player could beat the concurrent #1 ranked men's player in tennis or any other sport that required physical acumen.

AND THAT'S OKAY! Women aren't built to be physical the way men are. It's not a dig against women. It's just the way things are and that same reality occurs in almost all of the animal world too!

Women are better than men at other things not related to physical exertion.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:34 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
They only thing women have on men is they live longer. Some DO make better bosses from my experience as well

Old 01-23-2021, 01:36 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
If I go and tell my doctor that I identify as a "Right arm only" person and I would feel much better if he cut my left arm off, he would quickly refer me to get some psychiatric help, as well he should.

He wouldn't hold me up as a hero. He would recognize that I'm mentally unstable. If he cut my left arm off, he would quickly lose his medical license and probably be prosecuted.

The problem here is that we are treating mental illnesses as "courageous."

In the case of my left arm, I would be hurting no one but myself. In the case of gender dysphoria, I actually have the potential to hurt many others by encroaching on the sports that they play.

Gender is binary and INVOLUNTARY, period. Anyone that tells you otherwise for the sake of "wokeness" is lying to you and playing on your need to virtue signal.

Stop this madness.

Why would anyone pretend to be trans for the sake of winning a race, when it means dealing with this?

Thanks for proving my point!

Old 01-23-2021, 01:38 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Often bills and EOs contain clauses that have unintended consequences.

And then they can be fixed. Tweaking this EO would not be a big effort and would likely result in little disagreement.
To be honest, I wish that the Trump-hating crowd would have realized something pretty important from the Trump presidency: Executive Orders are pretty ridiculous and their broad use really needs to be scaled way way way back.

We give far too much power to a single human being. The Constitution and founding fathers never envisioned that the presidency would become quite so powerful.

But to your point, I don't know how you "tweak" this particular executive order short of eliminating it. Biological boys shouldn't be in the girl's locker room. They shouldn't be in the girls restroom. They shouldn't be on the girls sports team. Schools and other facilities probably do need to accommodate them in some fashion, but the gist of the EO is, "If you're a biological male and you're telling me you're a girl, you're a girl. Nobody is allowed to treat you any differently than a biological girl in any way."

What "tweaking" do you suggest that would fix it??

Old 01-23-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:

So there's that.
Billie Jean King was a big deal to be certain, but she didn't prove "girls are as good as boys." She proved that The best female tennis player in the world can actually win against a retired male professional tennis player. Bobby Riggs was a top tier male tennis player in the 1930's and 1940's, and was long since washed up. Billie Jean King beat him in 1973. Riggs trash talked his way into that match to be sure, but to make his point, he had just destroyed Margaret Court (a contemporary top notch female tennis player to King) just before playing King. Billie Jean King won and good for her, but she never beat a world-class male tennis player when he was in his prime. The takeaway for most people was that the man doesn't always win against the woman.

We got a chance to see something more like an apples to apples match up in 1998. Serena and Venus Williams claimed that they could beat any man ranked outside the top 200. The 203rd ranked men's tennis player Karsten Braasch took their challenge and defeated both of them handily and with ease. The Williams sisters then amended their claim, saying they could beat any man outside the top 350, a claim that was never tested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie...e_of_the_Sexes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...lliams_sisters

And who can forget the time that the most dominant female soccer squad on earth -- Women's Team USA -- challenged a team of boys under the age of 15 and lost. https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

The reason there are separate leagues for women is quite simple: The best women on earth in any given sport are vastly inferior to the best man on earth. I am unaware of any exceptions. Itmay feel unfair or impolite, but it's just reality. Letting biological men onto their teams is a terrible idea!

Old 01-23-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Why would anyone pretend to be trans for the sake of winning a race, when it means dealing with this?

Thanks for proving my point!
Who wants a full-ride scholarship to the college of their choice? How would you like to go from failing to make the Olympic team to winning the gold medal? How would you like to go from being an NBA reject to being the best player in the WNBA?

Most men and boys wouldn't pretend to be a girl for anything, but some most certainly would. And even if they really have gender dysphoria, they have a massively unfair biological advantage against biological girls and women.

Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Please provide evidence for your claim.
During the 2012 Olympics NBC did a side by side comparison of Maroney's Amanar vault (round-off to a 2.5 twist in the laid out position) to that of Japan's Kohei Uchimera's (top male gymnast in the world at that time). She went higher on her post-flight and got more distance from the vault table to her landing In spite of the fact that the men's table is set higher than the women's.

Simone needs no introduction. She's been the most dominant gymnast, period, since 2013. Her skill level speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies