Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 08:50 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Based on what evidence?
Single sex prisons.

You think that the perpetrators of prison rape and active participants in homosexual relations are all self identified homosexuals?

Hardly.

However when there is limited options, and low stigma, then your dyed in the wool 100% totally hetero tries the other side of the tracks.

At the end of the day sexual needs will be met by the options available, at the costs you're prepared to pay. If the costs are reduced to zero, because no one cares about your sexual relationships, then people would choose entirely based on their options.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:58 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Yes, it's everywhere. The LGBT agenda is infiltrating the schools, giving young people all kinds of ideas that they wouldn't otherwise have.

Gay rights/liberation was supposed to be about tolerating people with different sexual orientations/lifestlyes, but then it became a movement to PROMOTE that lifestyle, brainwashing children from the youngest ages.
So if you'd been recruited at a young age you might have become gay? Because deep inside you know that's a possibility for you, you're admitting that you could have been something other than straight and attracted 100% to the opposite sex? Brave of you to admit it here on the forum by golly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 01:51 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
As a gay man I can safely attest that the vast majority are not bisexual. Too bad, but it's silly to think this.

I don't think any more than 5% of the population is gay or lesbian. Probably less. 2-3% seems right to me, with slightly higher figures in key areas.

Why do I think this? Well, I'm on the apps, and in a sizable metro area, and a liberal one at that. I know the general population numbers. When I look at the apps and see how many profiles are available within a certain mile radius at a given time versus the actual population of that radius, I get a reasonable approximation to what the actual gay population should be.

I can sort of understand and accept that there is some sort of sliding scale to sexuality and that it can range from 100% gay to 100% straight, with most people somewhere between 80-100% gay or 80-100% straight. I don't consider someone who might be 80% straight to be bisexual because the 20% same sex attraction won't manifest itself sexually.

I think that a sliding scale of gender is crackpot science. It's pretty simple. You have a body you're born with. Look between your legs. That's who you are. Thinking otherwise does not mean you are biologically that way but is a function of your neurosis and should be treated as such.
Until homosexuality becomes fully acceptable to the overwhelming number of people in our society and people are feel completely safe to come out without worrying about societal/family/etc. pressures and backlash, I wouldn't use dating apps to approximate how many LGBT people there are. Many of such people who are afraid of the backlash they'd face from family/friends/etc. for coming out wouldn't necessarily be on those apps, I'd wager. Note, I'd also wager that many who are curious or questioning wouldn't even get on an an LGBT dating app to begin with.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:55 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
It's terrible grammar... you can't use 'they' to describe a single person. It's just stupid.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:40 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
It's terrible grammar... you can't use 'they' to describe a single person. It's just stupid.
Really!

I question making up words. But redefining words is just ridiculous.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:41 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yeah, that's not how English works. But LGBTs are determined to rewrite English grammar to suit their needs.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:44 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Yeah, that's not how English works. But LGBTs are determined to rewrite English grammar to suit their needs.
A certain subset would like that, but my impression is that most aren’t really that interested in being word Nazis. Like you and I, they use the already extant language just fine. Don’t let a noisy few turn you against your everyday LGBT neighbors.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:01 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
So if you'd been recruited at a young age you might have become gay? Because deep inside you know that's a possibility for you, you're admitting that you could have been something other than straight and attracted 100% to the opposite sex? Brave of you to admit it here on the forum by golly!
The increasingly perverse LGBT agenda is being pushed on children. It's wildly inappropriate, and it's being celebrated. I would call it the premature sexualization of children.

When I was a kid, we were taught about gay rights. But it was informing us that they exist. It was just about tolerating other people's lifestyles and discouraging gay-bashing. I remember the Mathew Shephard story and the Brandon Teena story. Today, it's not like that. Now they're teaching LGBT debauchery to children.

I'm all for people being as gay as they want, but they need to leave kids out of their perverse agenda.

Last edited by Tritone; 01-24-2021 at 05:19 PM..

Old 01-24-2021, 05:04 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Freud: We're all born bisexual! Then conditioning takes over! But, basically, we're all born bisexual!
I must have been conditioned by some kind of torture then, because yuck. But I think that is the more natural reaction, considering the way men and women were created. The modern conditioning is to "question'' or experiment. Some things, you just know.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:19 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calen81 View Post
A teacher I know posted that an unprecedented number of kids (she teaches 7 and 8 grade) talk to her about their pronouns and most feel they are a “They/Them. She then said she thinks if everyone felt comfortable to be who they are that 50% would be part of the LQBTQIA community and is so excited about it. I think she and others almost push this on kids and it can confuse them. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s we didn’t have so many different categories. And most grew up to be happy members of society. I can’t say anyone was depressed or committed suicide because they were a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. Why now would so many kids tell their teacher that they don’t identify with being a boy or girl? Also on another note, they/them is plural yet now it’s used to classify one person. Isn’t that teaching the wrong grammar?
Scary that this idiot is a teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies