Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2021, 06:23 AM

9 posts, read 6,404 times

Advertisements

A teacher I know posted that an unprecedented number of kids (she teaches 7 and 8 grade) talk to her about their pronouns and most feel they are a “They/Them. She then said she thinks if everyone felt comfortable to be who they are that 50% would be part of the LQBTQIA community and is so excited about it. I think she and others almost push this on kids and it can confuse them. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s we didn’t have so many different categories. And most grew up to be happy members of society. I can’t say anyone was depressed or committed suicide because they were a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. Why now would so many kids tell their teacher that they don’t identify with being a boy or girl? Also on another note, they/them is plural yet now it’s used to classify one person. Isn’t that teaching the wrong grammar?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 06:25 AM

45,110 posts, read 26,284,895 times
Public/govt schools really do a number on young minds. Sending your kid to one is child abuse. Abolish them, they are beyond reform.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:27 AM

9,892 posts, read 9,530,320 times
Could not be half the population.. If that were true, the population would be decreasing. LBGTQ for the most part do not create babies between a man and a woman. a woman and a woman do not naturally create a baby. they can adopt, or have a surrogate, but im talking strictly woman/woman or man/man sex. So no, it would not be that high, life and nature has to reproduce and so that stat would not be true.

they are pushing a lot of b.s. on kids, its part of the leftist agenda, so sorry they are starting this early. but they are. it will cause confusion AND will cause a little girl to think she is a boy.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:29 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_d..._United_States

Kinsey back in the 1940s thought it was 10%, which is probably about right when you account for everyone who is closeted.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:30 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
The reason we have so many in the country now is b/c we have vacuuming them up from countries around the world !!! That will continue and eventually we could get to half the population !!!

Old 01-23-2021, 06:32 AM

15,999 posts, read 21,008,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calen81 View Post
A teacher I know posted that an unprecedented number of kids (she teaches 7 and 8 grade) talk to her about their pronouns and most feel they are a “They/Them. She then said she thinks if everyone felt comfortable to be who they are that 50% would be part of the LQBTQIA community and is so excited about it. I think she and others almost push this on kids and it can confuse them. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s we didn’t have so many different categories. And most grew up to be happy members of society. I can’t say anyone was depressed or committed suicide because they were a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. Why now would so many kids tell their teacher that they don’t identify with being a boy or girl? Also on another note, they/them is plural yet now it’s used to classify one person. Isn’t that teaching the wrong grammar?
No, it's not wrong grammar. It's been around for a good while. This article says since 1375. If you can have a singular and plural 'you' why does it seem so remarkable to have a singular they? https://public.oed.com/blog/a-brief-...singular-they/

Old 01-23-2021, 06:36 AM

27,011 posts, read 13,262,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calen81 View Post
The Alfred Kinsey figure of around 10% is generally recognised.

Is 10% of the population really gay? - The Guardian

Old 01-23-2021, 06:37 AM

3,317 posts, read 2,316,456 times
No, not even close.

This 'teacher' needs to leave her liberal vacuum and take a stroll into the real world.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:38 AM

15,719 posts, read 6,426,157 times
I think it's more likely a spectrum rather than a binary state. For example, perhaps person A can be mostly straight but with some weak bisexual tendencies, while person B may be strong homosexual but occasionally fantasizes a straight relationship. Hence the actual answer would be fuzzy and it depends on what you're measuring. Nature is flexible about expressing traits.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:39 AM

1,081 posts, read 545,777 times
Approximately 4.5% of Americans are gay. Americans, on average, estimate the percentage to be 23.6%
https://news.gallup.com/poll/259571/...opulation.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies