Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 09:23 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because Trump didn't want to enact the DPA besides meat packing. Biden has a lot to worry about because Trump wanted to act like Covid wasn't a problem. The vaccine at this point is far more important than N95 masks or KN95 masks.

I call BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 11:18 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Where is the science to back this up?

Those paper masks are too porous to filter out the virus. Simply wearing two of them will not do anything, otherwise the manufacturers would have simply added another layer and turned these cheap masks into an N95 equivalent.

This is just bureaucrats trying to come up with another lie to pacify the population, so they do not panic. Falsely convincing people that they will be protected if they simply wear a mask, is all that is preventing millions of people from panicking.

People cannot be fooled for long. So when everyone is wearing a mask, and still watching their neighbors catch the virus, they start to understand that masks do not work. So here comes the government with a new lie, "just wear two masks, and you'll be protected."

Old 02-12-2021, 11:21 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I can't do the surgical masks. They don't work with my skin because most have the metal somewhat exposed and it don't feel right or itches. Plus there is an off smell with them. KN95 masks are good but often not found for a real good deal, plus not much of a way to double mask unless you use a gaiter.

If I double mask, I'll use two cloth masks. Then again tried that yesterday because my mask yesterday was apprently too small and wouldn't stay put. I wonder if it shrunk in the wash...
You washed your mask??? Now the city's water supply is infected with COVID.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:34 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Where is the science to back this up?

Those paper masks are too porous to filter out the virus. Simply wearing two of them will not do anything, otherwise the manufacturers would have simply added another layer and turned these cheap masks into an N95 equivalent.

This is just bureaucrats trying to come up with another lie to pacify the population, so they do not panic. Falsely convincing people that they will be protected if they simply wear a mask, is all that is preventing millions of people from panicking.

People cannot be fooled for long. So when everyone is wearing a mask, and still watching their neighbors catch the virus, they start to understand that masks do not work. So here comes the government with a new lie, "just wear two masks, and you'll be protected."
People are very fooled. Many believe the narrative that flu cases are down because everyone is wearing masks while at the same time believing that COVID is spreading because people are not wearing masks. When you point out the two narratives then they double down on it by going on about how the two viruses are different. Their brains cannot wrap around the basic inconsistency: either people are wearing masks or they are not.

Or they go on about how people are not wearing masks in their homes and catch covid from people who are in the home. People can no longer spread the flu that way?

Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
I’m thinking if 2 masks are better than 1, 3 masks might be better than 2. So the wacky virtue signallers can do the triple-decker mask up!
Four might be even better, but we all have to do our own risk/benefit analysis for our own lives. Double masking works for me.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I call BS.
BS on what?

Old 02-12-2021, 03:44 PM

17,626 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Four might be even better, but we all have to do our own risk/benefit analysis for our own lives. Double masking works for me.
But 4 would be safer. Why are you selfishly trying to kill others by only wearing 2 masks?

Old 02-12-2021, 05:06 PM

125 posts, read 76,116 times
Quote:
So I just read the summary because I just dont have it in me right now to read that but its sounds like fit is the issue not number.
yes, exactly. I thought two masks was recommended to give six layers (one medical mask is 3 layers), but it's for the fit, not the layers. So I was wearing 2 medical masks (lately) until I read that a cloth and medical mask is what to do. I forget which goes under and over. i think cloth goes over surgical, to make a good fit. I don't even have a cloth mask.
Quote:
So I wonder why not just ramp production of N95 masks and have everyone wear one of those.
indeed. there are some good n95's. there are those, however, that aren't recommended. But you're right, why not ramp up production and make the right ones cheaper? if anyone can whittle a price down, it's walmart. Do it, walmart!
Quote:
What bothers me more than the wear of a mask, that has little to no effectiveness,
Oh, I don't know. it if weren't effective, I sure wouldn't wear it. Here's a quote from the cdc webite: 'Universal masking is recommended to slow the spread of COVID-19. Cloth masks and medical procedure masks substantially reduce exposure from infected wearers (source control) and reduce exposure of uninfected wearers (wearer exposure).'
Quote:
is the assumption that everyone is infected and contagious all the time
One just doesn't know if someone else is infected. One has to assume the other person is infected in order to protect oneself from catching it. shucks, I just read that one person who had covid, tested negative 5 times and gave it to their kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
You all can wear how ever many masks you want. It's no skin off my teeth. The problem comes when the control freak leftists start saying "and therefore we should force everyone to...";. And you know that's coming. It always does with the left.
Thank God vaccines are not being forced. This, however, brings up something else. We may be asked to prove we got the vaccine to do something (travel, go to dmv or some such). Or prove we got tested and are negative. These tests aren't foolproof though. let's hope it doesn't come to that (where we have to prove one thing or another about being covid-free). I heard Canada is requiring proof of a negative covid test for entry there.
Quote:
Those paper masks are too porous to filter out the virus. Simply wearing two of them will not do anything, otherwise the manufacturers would have simply added another layer
Research showed that the 3 layer medical mask was good, until someone decided that a second mask is needed to make the surgical mask fit better. It makes sense, because, the medical mask left a lot of air gaps in the sides.
Quote:
what you're saying could be true. On the other hand, people cough all the time without covering. I heard that the mask is even keeping down the regular flu.
Quote:
People cannot be fooled for long. So when everyone is wearing a mask, and still watching their neighbors catch the virus, they start to understand that masks do not work.
That is an interesting question. How are people catching covid if they're wearing a mask? My guess is that they're spending too much time in one place. If you go to a 1 hour movie or go grocery shopping for 1/2 hour, you're putting yourself in harm's way. Most people are not being careful and breathing all over each other. They are definately not staying six feet apart. That six feet should actually be more like 20 feet (I read that once), but that's impossible to do. The mask is effective for quick in and out trips near people. What about people who can't work from home and work around people? They are catching it. That's why we have to wait on the phone 1/2 hour for anything on hold. Workers are out due to the covid.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:32 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,263,377 times
I dont believe in mask. I have two parents both in their mid 90’s. Visit them only weekly basis. They don’t wear them either

Old 02-12-2021, 05:40 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
But 4 would be safer. Why are you selfishly trying to kill others by only wearing 2 masks?
two masks and a vaccination... thankyouverymuch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies