Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 01:22 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayinit View Post
I see a lot of people walk toward a store with no mask, so I start thinking, omg! Is this person going to walk in without a mask!? Then at the last possible second, they take the mask out from somewhere and put it on.
That's what I do. Why would I wear a mask to/from a vehicle when I am not within 6ft feet of anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 05:08 AM

7,361 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
That's what I do. Why would I wear a mask to/from a vehicle when I am not within 6ft feet of anyone?
But this isn't about you. This is about protecting others. Wearing a mask or two makes you a hero because you are saving lives. If people stopped being selfish and just followed the rules we would have eliminated this virus months ago.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:49 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
But this isn't about you. This is about protecting others. Wearing a mask or two makes you a hero because you are saving lives. If people stopped being selfish and just followed the rules we would have eliminated this virus months ago.
If this isn't about you, why do you expect others to protect you? Isn't that just as selfish?

Many of those calling people selfish for not wearing masks are the same ones lying to get the vaccine ahead of others...also selfish.

The theory of if we followed the rules the virus would have been eliminated by now is purely an assumption.

If Covid is so deadly, pro masks wearing folks should be happy about those not wearing masks so they die off and can live in their utopia of like minded people. A society of obedient people living in a bubble that don't think for themselves anymore.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:29 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
That's a very altruistic idea you have there but I didn't witness much of that when people were practically crawling over others to get the last 4 pack of toilet paper on the shelf. Selflessness? Protecting others? While there are still some out there doing it, it's not a common behavior nowadays. It's every man (and woman) for them self.

Of course, those who think they know everything will want to force the rest to conform to their way of thinking because it's fear that drives them. There are a few on this site who are exactly that way.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:22 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Your mask hasn't saved one single life. You are delusional, but knowing that people like you exist makes me feel better about myself. So thank you.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:

Unapologetically selfish here..... deal with it. Anybody who actually has such a huge ego that they need to see themself as a hero is seriously twisted.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Unapologetically selfish here..... deal with it. Anybody who actually has such a huge ego that they need to see themself as a hero is seriously twisted.
Nothing wrong with that. My question is when did the government assume the ability to mandate "selfishness" and who gets to define that? If people like Kristina's Cap are or become the ones in charge, the country is lost.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:25 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nothing wrong with that. My question is when did the government assume the ability to mandate "selfishness" and who gets to define that? If people like Kristina's Cap are or become the ones in charge, the country is lost.
Sorry but the country has been lost for over the past year by the one person in charge...

Old 02-27-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sorry but the country has been lost for over the past year by the one person in charge...
The stupidity is astounding. And a 59 year career politician has saved us.

Just keep wearing your masks pal.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:37 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
You'd think after Trump looked like the biggest idiot on the planet for getting COVID within a couple weeks of giving **** to Biden for wearing on, they'd quiet down. But they want to feel oppressed, so they're going to pretend its some awful form of tyranny.
FYI, not everyone is concerned with getting Covid. He got it, got over it and moved on with life like most everyone else experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies