Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 10:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Whenever there are threads that speak of Black people in a very complaining tone, that is a problem to me.
Understandable. Don't make it about race then. Make it about how the individual isn't succeeding in life and the reasons why. Nothing to do with genetics. Nothing to do with racism. We know that. The studies tell us. Skin color is just an identifier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 10:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Poor bastard will get labeled an Uncle Tom and the MSM will put him on the ignore list.
Racism ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. It’s too profitable and a great control tactic.
Too bad most people are just too plain stupid to realize that. The government will perpetuate racism because it’s in their best interest.
Isn't that ironic. That the left, the racists from day one, degrade Uncle Tom. He helped runaway slaves. Only to the bigoted left is someone who helps runaway slaves a bad person.

"Uncle Tom is asked to reveal where two slave women are hiding, who had been sexually abused by their master. And he refuses. Knowing that he is going to be beaten to death, he refused to say where they are. And African-Americans who have read the novel can appreciate what kind of heroism that took for a black man to sign away his life to save two black women."

Old 01-25-2021, 11:01 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about professor Loury. I was talking about this forum. The post I initially responded to was talking about the obsession about Black people.

//www.city-data.com/forum/60249821-post61.html

I was talking about threads on this forum, not Professor Loury.
The trouble is not that people are complaining about black people. The problem is that black people complaining and whining constantly. The entire BLM movement is built on the false premise that blacks are being hunted by cops and "whitey keepin me down." You've got thought leaders in black America pronouncing that "we need to kill all white people", "F-ck white people!!", etc. And there's a whole lot of, "My great great great grandparents were oppressed. Give me stuff!!" It has turned African Americans into the most racist demographic in America -- all built on the false premise that "everyone's out to get you." Movements like BLM push the idea that black America should be talked about as a collective group.

White people are being told to hate themselves and that everything bad that happens is always their fault. They live in constant fear of being branded with the big and dreaded letter R. "Racist!!" You get branded with that and your life is over. The obsession with talking about black people collectively is a creation by black people. Let's not forget, "Silence is violence."

It's a whole lot of wasted time and energy. I am not defined by my skin color and you are not defined by yours. The problems in black America are 99% created by the individual choices by black individuals. They need to make better choices and brainwashing them to hate white people certainly doesn't help them.

Some of us are just sick of being told to hate ourselves and that black problems are all our fault. But if you want suggestions on how to fix the problems, I've regularly shared things that will be guaranteed to work.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:16 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The trouble is not that people are complaining about black people. The problem is that black people complaining and whining constantly. The entire BLM movement is built on the false premise that blacks are being hunted by cops and "whitey keepin me down." You've got thought leaders in black America pronouncing that "we need to kill all white people", "F-ck white people!!", etc. And there's a whole lot of, "My great great great grandparents were oppressed. Give me stuff!!" It has turned African Americans into the most racist demographic in America -- all built on the false premise that "everyone's out to get you." Movements like BLM push the idea that black America should be talked about as a collective group.

White people are being told to hate themselves and that everything bad that happens is always their fault. They live in constant fear of being branded with the big and dreaded letter R. "Racist!!" You get branded with that and your life is over. The obsession with talking about black people collectively is a creation by black people. Let's not forget, "Silence is violence."

It's a whole lot of wasted time and energy. I am not defined by my skin color and you are not defined by yours. The problems in black America are 99% created by the individual choices by black individuals. They need to make better choices and brainwashing them to hate white people certainly doesn't help them.

Some of us are just sick of being told to hate ourselves and that black problems are all our fault. But if you want suggestions on how to fix the problems, I've regularly shared things that will be guaranteed to work.
There is definitely a mentality of infusing the minds of young people that they are oppressed; this is a deliberate approach with the objective of fomenting and then feeding deep resentment, envy, anger, outrage, and grievance.

Even if it is a small minority that falls for this manipulation, it's still a large enough number of people.

Added to the mentality that only white people can be called out by race, the whole "Karening" thing (imagine if white people started calling any random black woman who is rude or unpleasant "Shanequa" - imagine the uproar!), the forcing of whites to kneel so they could apologize for white privilege..... not good at all.

I wrote my thoughts on the issues you're pointing out (re: blaming white people and the potential consequences) on this post, on another thread. If you have a moment, please take a look.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:17 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about professor Loury. I was talking about this forum. The post I initially responded to was talking about the obsession about Black people.

//www.city-data.com/forum/60249821-post61.html

I was talking about threads on this forum, not Professor Loury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Understandable. Don't make it about race then. Make it about how the individual isn't succeeding in life and the reasons why. Nothing to do with genetics. Nothing to do with racism. We know that. The studies tell us. Skin color is just an identifier
I do not believe the problem is because of genetics. If there is any group that is obsessed with race, it is most black people. To the extent that the cultural sense of social and economic insecurity that people with black skin demonstrate across this ethnic group is perceived to be about "race," that is fundamentally due to black people's perception of their own "race" and their own obsession with "race" and racism.

Old 01-25-2021, 01:08 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"shreds"?

No

He's entitled to have an opinion. That doesn't make it right
If he's wrong please take some of your time to enlighten those of us who happen to agree with what he is saying.

Old 01-25-2021, 01:13 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
another post obsessed with Black people.. smh.
And you're here because........?

Since you are what are your thoughts on the vid?

Old 01-25-2021, 03:29 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
there's a gigantic portion of black americans that don't commit black-on-black crime and they still face racism. Why do those people have to address black on black crime to receive racial justice?

Old 01-25-2021, 03:39 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Today, the problem is too many of us think the mostly white liberal elite establishment is on our side.

There was a black president for eight years, with the first two years with a totally Democrat Congress. What got done for black folk? If nothing got done then, what do people think will happen with an old white president who sponsored legislation to lock up low level black drug users? ... and a VP that did the same thing in her state? Obama did nothing to the point that many black folk sat home, which cost Clinton the election.

The establishment wants black folk angry and marching in the street. Last year, it was so that they could embed rioters within their midst to cause damage. Expect that play to be ran again. They don't want to solve the problem of black folks.

The National Guard was deployed at warp speed to protect themselves. Many Democrat leaders prevent Trump from sending in the National Guard to their states, and many inner city communities were ruined. Trump at least had Operation Legend that got hundreds of violent criminals off of the streets in high crime cities.

"Since Operation Legend’s launch on July 8, 2020, over 6,000 arrests – including approximately 467 for homicide – were made; more than 2600 firearms were seized; and more than 32 kilos of heroin, more than 17 kilos of fentanyl, more than 300 kilos of methamphetamine, more than 135 kilos of cocaine, and more than $11 million in drug and other illicit proceeds were seized," DOJ released. "Of the more than 6,000 individuals arrested, approximately 1,500 have been charged with federal offenses. Approximately 815 of those defendants have been charged with firearms offenses, while approximately 566 have been charged with drug-related crimes. The remaining defendants have been charged with various offenses."

Anyone that is low to middle income should be raising cane about the illegal caravan, because those people will take the jobs of many Americans with many cash deals under the table for less than minimum wages.

Look at the cities they run. More and more are trending towards Portland, Seattle, LA, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Chicago. Are these areas where black folk are getting a lot of help? Protection?

As long as ANYBODY depends on the swampy establishment to do anything for them, you can forget it. They are only about themselves.
I think you really covered a good amount here. I think that the white liberals may have good intent, I don't know, but I think that the bigotry of low expectations kicks in with a lot of while liberals that have the superman "I'm going to help the black man out" kind of thinking. it's patronizing and condescending, but they don't see it.

Illegal aliens coming up from the south will most certainly hurt people lower on the socioeconomic scale and the same white liberals don't really care, if they did, we'd have a serious border control program in place.

Blacks and whites back in the 70s and 80s enjoyed lots of good paying jobs in the construction industry. Jobs that used to pay decently, painters, drywallers, flooring and tile work.

Those jobs are now primarily done by Latino's and have seriously displaced a whole lot of black workers that used to really enjoy a decent living with those jobs. The wages have been slashed over the years due to a plentily supply of cheap labor.

I've seen this first hand, not anecdotally.

Old 01-25-2021, 03:52 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
there's a gigantic portion of black americans that don't commit black-on-black crime and they still face racism. Why do those people have to address black on black crime to receive racial justice?
The problem is that movements like BLM get up in your face insisting that "All white people are oppressing all black people." "All cops are hunting down and murdering blacks in the streets." If you don't want to talk about it, "Silence is violence!!" The expectation seems to be that a bunch of white people who did nothing to create problems in the black community need to pour ludicrous amounts of money in to fix it. How does that make any sense??

I think it's pretty simple. Brookings Institute offered three simple steps for absolutely anyone to move out of poverty, into the middle class, and the sky's the limit thereafter:

1. Don't have children or get married until you're 21.
Some useful steps to do this:
  • Don't have sex as a teen or as an adult until you get married.
  • Find a religion or some form of support group to help you keep on track.
  • Do get married and stay married.
  • Have a family.
  • Decide at a very young age not to get divorced.

2. Graduate from High School.
Some useful steps to get this done:
  • Stay well away from sex, crime, drugs and alcohol. These things can easily result in you dropping out.
  • Create a culture where excellence in academics is encouraged and praised by all.

3. Get and keep a full time job.
Some useful steps to get this done:
  • Arrive early and work hard for your entire shift.
  • Don't leave work early.
  • Be honest with your employer.
  • Your employer should have no doubt that the money they pay you is money well spent.

If you are already doing those things, then great. Try to encourage others to do the same, because this is how you get people out of poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies