Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 06:00 PM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Putin needs to be confronted....sanctions need to be issued.
Confronted? We already have sanctions and Europe is becoming more dependent on Russia. It was Trump that tried to stop that and Democrats disapproved of Trump trying to stop Europe from becoming dependent ($$$) on Russian energy.

So how to confront Putin? Invading Syria?

Why is it our job to be world police? What is our track record of being world police? Why do some European powers want to cut military spending while depending on Russia more if they are such a big threat? Should we have gotten involved with the Yellow Vest protests in France?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 06:06 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Confronted? We already have sanctions and Europe is becoming more dependent on Russia. It was Trump that tried to stop that and Democrats disapproved of Trump trying to stop Europe from becoming dependent ($$$) on Russian energy.

So how to confront Putin? Invading Syria?

Why is it our job to be world police? What is our track record of being world police? Should we have gotten involved with the Yellow Vest protests in France?
What do we when they attack our systems and our elections with the motivation to pit American against American? Nothing???

Somebody needs to Putin in his place!

Old 01-23-2021, 06:07 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Putin needs to be confronted....sanctions need to be issued.
Mr. BankTrumptcy so, so wanted to be another Putin, as Putin controls the media, poisons his opponents!

Old 01-23-2021, 06:09 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Why don't you read the Senate Intelligence Committee Report on Russia

Source Material

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_volume5.pdf

As I've said - I've already read all kinds of the reports on "Russia collusion" investigation, as much as "foreign electoral intervention" in Ukraine, so...

Quote:
As a nation we are supposed to sit back and do nothing about this??

I think Clintons should have known better than backing up oligarchy in Russia, being "Democrats" and all.

I have no idea what can be done at THIS point already.
It's all a runaway train.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:11 PM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Why don't you read the Senate Intelligence Committee Report on Russia

Source Material

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_volume5.pdf

As a nation we are supposed to sit back and do nothing about this??
How many times have we interfered in their domestic politics?

Time Magazine even bragged about how the Bill Clinton administration changed the outcome of an election in Russia.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/t...erfered-russia

Woodrow Wilson sent an army expeditionary force into Russia to try a last ditch effort to snuff out their Revolution.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/171182

The US has blatantly interfered in at least 81 elections between 1946 and 2016. Think about the Dollar Diplomacy days before 1946. The US arguably has interfered in more elections than any country on earth. Your hand-wringing is hallow and hypocritical to much of the world.

https://newspunch.com/us-interfered-...s-in-54-years/

Old 01-23-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As I've said - I've already read all kinds of the reports on "Russia collusion" investigation, as much as "foreign electoral intervention" in Ukraine, so...

I think Clintons should have known better than backing up oligarchy in Russia, being "Democrats" and all.

I have no idea what can be done at THIS point already.
It's all a runaway train.
No it's not.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:13 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
What do we when they attack our systems and our elections with the motivation to pit American against American? Nothing???

Somebody needs to Putin in his place!

So you'd love to pit Russian against Russian now?
As in misery loves company?

I think you need to forget about *Russia-Russia-Russia,* and start paying attention what exactly pits American against American.

And it ain't "Putin."

Old 01-23-2021, 06:20 PM

182 posts, read 94,540 times
Quote:
I do support taking a hard line approach to Russia. They are a destabilizing force in Europe and nothing more than an organized crime family. This has been a Republican policy towards Russia for years. Romney was right when he pointed to Russia as being one of our main adversaries during the 2012 election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...arrests-461606
And thats fine, but theyre not our biggest threat, China. Why not take both seriously?

Old 01-23-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So you'd love to pit Russian against Russian now?
As in misery loves company?

I think you need to forget about *Russia-Russia-Russia,* and start paying attention what exactly pits American against American.

And it ain't "Putin."
I could care less about pitting Russian against Russian. Putin is a low life KGB trained organized crime boss and he's the one attacking the US. Are you suggesting we just cower?? Like I said he needs to be thumped, that's the only thing these Authoritarian Autocrats understand.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:28 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Well it's been a while since we have seen something like this coming out of the Executive Branch. It's quite refreshing actually. Putin is a two bit dictator thug. The world be much better place without him or his autocracy.
A little birdy told me that the reason the left suddenly started hating their old friend, the USSR, is because the Russian people had the stones to reject communism and the far left, in general.

I won't say anything concerning Russia now, because I haven't been there. I'm assuming you have not, either. But I have read that they take care of their own Russian natives and do not pander to illegal immigrants or deviants like we have here in the US running roughshod over our American traditions. Guess that's another reason you hate Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies