Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 10:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There are a number of reasons Joe isn't "accepted".

1) He insults those that don't support him with childish names. Dregs (hey, I guess that's a step up from deplorables or clingers). Racists. Ignorantly. White supremacists. Insurrectionists (my favorite). Deniers. Not a way to build unity there, Joe.

2) He refuses to condemn those behind the year of violence and domestic terror attacks against American citizens. He refuses to condemn BLM or even admit that Atifa thugs even exist. He in fact has embraced that violence and his party has both supported those behind it-and actually provided them financial support.

3) His party has been behind a 4-year effort to undermine and overthrow a legally elected president and overturn the will of the electorate and results of a presidential election. All based on...nothing. One lie after another-none with substance. THIS is the real "insurrection" we have been dealing with in this country-but of course our media refuses to say a word about this 4 year effort by an entire party-instead focusing on a couple of hours by a handful of "mostly peaceful protesters".

Thoroughly debunked nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 10:08 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
It's really too bad these people who LOVE our country so much are doing everything in their power to destroy our democracy with their hate....

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-31-2021 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-31-2021, 10:13 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
There are a number of reasons Joe isn't "accepted".

1) He insults those that don't support him with childish names. Dregs (hey, I guess that's a step up from deplorables or clingers). Racists. Ignorantly. White supremacists. Insurrectionists (my favorite). Deniers. Not a way to build unity there, Joe.
stopped after reading this one because the absurdity and hypocrisy of anyone who would make this allegation against Biden while excusing 4 years of the bullying and name calling of Trump is now on my ignore list

Old 01-31-2021, 10:14 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Thoroughly debunked nonsense.
Yeah, right. Your statement doesn't make it so-and we have 4 years of history of their efforts to overturn a presidential election. Starting with the faux dossier, paid for by the Clinton campaign. The leaking of that dossier and it's fabricated claims to the media to attack their opponent. The use of that very same fake dossier to get the warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. Then the 2 year diversion of a fake "Russian Collusion" investigation. Topped with not one but two impeachment stunts. This certainly is far, far more serious than a guy with a fake buffalo-skin robe walking through the Capitol. And yet, the media does everything in their power to make this insurrection and coup attempt as a normal act.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
stopped after reading this one because the absurdity and hypocrisy of anyone who would make this allegation against Biden while excusing 4 years of the bullying and name calling of Trump is now on my ignore list
Awesome news, thanks. I'll take that as an accomplishment. Every left-wing troll that puts me on ignore is a step in the right direction.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It's really too bad these people who LOVE our country so much are doing everything in their power to destroy our democracy with their hate.
What makes you think ANY Democrat actually loves our country any longer? I thought it was pretty obvious that they don't, and are working to harm this nation.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:22 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
What makes you think ANY Democrat actually loves our country any longer? I thought it was pretty obvious that they don't, and are working to harm this nation.
You're entitled to your opinion. That doesn't make it true.

Quote:
Awesome news, thanks. I'll take that as an accomplishment.
Every left-wing troll that puts me on ignore is a step in the right direction.
I just decided to make your day an put you on MY ignore list, too.

Try to have a good day, ok?

Old 01-31-2021, 10:26 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Default Do Not Ignor...

Given this environment, I have no interest in legitimizing the father of a son who Chinese Communist Party members boast about buying. Nor do I have any interest in pretending that the current result is legitimate or honorable. It is simply the final stroke of a four-year establishment-media power grab. It has been perpetrated by people who have broken the law, cheated the country of information, and smeared those of us who believe in America over China, history over revisionism, and the liberal ideal of free expression over cancel culture.

I write this in genuine sorrow, because I think we are headed toward a serious, bitter struggle in America. This extraordinary, coordinated four-year power grab threatens the fabric of our country and the freedom of every American.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:37 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,265 times
the "media" as you call them mostly live on the coasts (new york) and have read about trumpd BS since the 1970s ....

i have new york friends who are lifelong new yorker republicans the despise him for that reason..

the religious right has supported trump as well as the Koch Brothers (grass roots) the evangelical church represents a Christian Nationalist movement...these people are in the minority if you haven't noticed

it is very hard for people who get their directions from god to compromise and was cited by barry goldwater as the reason chaos would ensue if they ever got into power ala trump

its a numbers game period we had a taste of populism in the 1930s with father john couglan and the kingfisher from lousiana..there will be and is much grumbling

Old 01-31-2021, 10:46 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Default Why Joe Biden Is Not accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Great article. Maybe if we spent less time letting ourselves be divided, we wouldn't have to feel this way.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-as-president/
Joe Biden is NOT accepted for millions of Americans because his party is no longer acceptable by millions of Americans. Its that simple.

And that is coming from someone who voted Democrat as recently as Obama.

FDR and JFK would not recognize what has happened to the Democratic Party. It has become the establishment party that appeals to its voters through some combination of vote buying and racist/gender/ tribalist divisive policies. Divide and conquer the middle class so the wealthy elite establishment wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies