Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 05:51 PM

6,723 posts, read 6,722,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We very much could have our own ISIS brewing in this country.
This is the kind of brainwashing the media is happy you're buying into, but there's no evidence this is happening. The racism from non-whites is just as bad as it is from whites.

Re: LGBTQ rights, I don't know if you're Southern Baptist, but the acceptance of gay marriage has gone way up in this country. But I guess always having something to complain about is essential to continued consumption of CNN and MSNBC's garbage.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:04 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Ha, ha, ha. I get a kick out of people forever focusing on a few people. There are over 320,000,000 people in the US. The FBI will handle the idiots. The few idiots that did that Capital Building thingy were able to do so because the right typically doesn't do such things like the left does all the time. It will never happen again.

Of course Biden made a mess of it making National Guards people sleep in some damn cramped parking garage and making COVID BOOM! Nice.
Agreed. There have been over 600 armed and violent riots, looting, burning, murder, and thousands of injured police, by DEMOCRAT sponsored groups... gee golly wow, you gots' ta ignore all of that, eh OP.

Six years from now, these fools will still pretend unarmed Jan 6th is happening every other day, while ignoring the violence form the Democrats.

/threadfail

Last edited by Wapasha; 07-03-2021 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-03-2021, 06:05 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You can try to justify it by saying that it's payback for what the left did over the summer looting and burning businesses (though it wasn't the "left" doing that and Biden denounced the violence, but you don't care). In reality, this gets us closer to a religious coup and the institution of a theocratic fascist regime such as those depicted in fiction like 'V for Vendetta' or 'A Handmaid's Tale' or what currently exists in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

We very much could have our own ISIS brewing in this country. Growing up in a church that preached that we'd literally have a civil war if same-sex marriage was ever legalized, I have to say absolutely nothing going on right now surprises me.

The LGBT issue is a line in a sand for these people and they will not tolerate a society that doesn't enforce their views on issues like gender and sexuality. 1-6-21 shows how far they are willing to go. The fact most are passively supporting the insurrection by immediately shifting the conversation to BLM really shows how much closer to a theofascist takeover we are in this country. Despite all the flag waving and patriotism after 9/11, that all went out the window the moment we elected a black President and legalized same-sex marriage. To about 30% of the country, America is Sodom and Gomorrah and the only way it can be saved is by a violent overthrow of the government and forced return to Christian (i.e. Victorian era) values.

That, to me, is terrifying. When it becomes in the name of God, anything can be justified. This is exactly why tying religion to political ideology is so dangerous and why the founders wanted separation of church and state.

P.S. This does not apply to ALL conservatives or Christians. If you support what happened on 1-6-21, it applies.
Re what you said about ISIS brewing in this country, it’s pretty well known that the area of Minneapolis with a lot of Somalian immigrants is a training ground for Islamic terrorists.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:11 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
This is the kind of brainwashing the media is happy you're buying into, but there's no evidence this is happening. The racism from non-whites is just as bad as it is from whites.

Re: LGBTQ rights, I don't know if you're Southern Baptist, but the acceptance of gay marriage has gone way up in this country. But I guess always having something to complain about is essential to continued consumption of CNN and MSNBC's garbage.
Acceptance of LGBTQ people has not gone up significantly in the SBC. A southern Baptist church in metro Atlanta was recently expelled from the convention for allowing LGBTQ people to attend there.

https://www.ajc.com/news/sbc-removes...KQ7KFOUI67QW4/

Old 07-03-2021, 06:17 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Remember, it's not #BelieveAllWomen, it's #BelieveJoeBiden. The hypocrisy of the "Pound Me Too!!" movement is hilarious.
Man been in government all his life you know how many times he had his security clearance vetted? Every 5 years. I know what they look for and who they ask and the crazy ways they go digging.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
You hit home. In another thread, I explained why some Americans won't ever accept Biden as president and it's not because they think the election is stolen but because he was raised a Roman Catholic and these same people have a nasty, bigoted bias against Catholics.
Oh FFS Kennedy won. 1960 called and wants its anti-Catholic fear mongering back. It's pathetic that you have to scrape that deeply into the bottom of your barrel of conspiracy theories to explain why Americans don't like Biden. Hot tip for you - Nobody gives a rat's ass about his religion. People don't like Biden because he's a senile puppet of Marxist enemies engaged in a cultural revolution to destroy this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
What DJT has revealed in the last four years is that hatred, bigotry, and intolerance is still pervasive in our society. Some still dip their hands into conspiracies and accuse others of heresy as if it is still 1692 and of course without solid, scientific proof. The new administration has to work hard to educate the American public not to simply judge books by their covers if you know what I mean.
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!! Shows how bankrupt your ideology is that even after 6 months in office you dems still have no positive policies to stand on but instead scratch for your dwindling support by fanning the flames of fear for the scary old boogeyman Trump.

Your post sounds overly emotional and rationally deficient and mimics the tone of the damage-case shrieks for help that we've come to expect from the OP.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:52 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Acceptance of LGBTQ people has not gone up significantly in the SBC. A southern Baptist church in metro Atlanta was recently expelled from the convention for allowing LGBTQ people to attend there.

https://www.ajc.com/news/sbc-removes...KQ7KFOUI67QW4/
I have known some proud Southern Baptists, they are very traditional, not inclusive, look down their noses at every other Christian sect, and definitely not open to change.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:55 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!! Shows how bankrupt your ideology is that even after 6 months in office you dems still have no positive policies to stand on but instead scratch for your dwindling support by fanning the flames of fear for the scary old boogeyman Trump.

Your post sounds overly emotional and rationally deficient and mimics the tone of the damage-case shrieks for help that we've come to expect from the OP.
Hate crimes surged nearly 20% during the Trump era, or I prefer 'error,' per the FBI. He didn't create it but I think he gave it legitimacy.

https://www.newsweek.com/hate-crimes...report-1547870

https://newsone.com/3747920/hate-cri...ase-trump-era/

White nationalist hate groups in the US have increased 55% throughout the Trump era, according to a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), and a “surging” racist movement continues to be driven by “a deep fear of demographic change”. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rty-law-center

Reality is not emotive. We cannot ignore this growing threat. Why do you not believe any of this is real???

Old 07-03-2021, 06:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post

You know what the LGBTQ activists are most afraid of? It's complete and 100% equality, acceptance, and love. They've already got the legal equality and 98% public acceptance and they're more agitated than ever. Terrified that they're running out of material to feed their outrage and moral indignation addiction.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:00 PM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The OP is a homosexual that hates Christians who oppose his lifestyle. It's really that simple. Just review his posts over the years. He hates conservatives in general and views life and politics through a single lens. The fact that he is still ranting after Biden/Harris won the presidency is very telling. What does the OP really want in this country?
He insists on living in the Bible belt and his whole life seems centered around his resentment of the Bible belters not accepting his lifestyle. It's sad really. Even when his side is "winning" his soul still hurts because the one thing he really wants, acceptance from evangelicals, he will never get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies