Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 09:26 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

He is banning travel from South Africa which is 90% black. I'm sure all the Trump haters who accused him of banning Muslim travel to the US will agree that Biden's ban is racist.
-------------
WASHINGTON, Jan 24 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden will impose a ban on most non-U.S. citizens entering the country who have recently been in South Africa starting Saturday

https://news.trust.org/item/20210124190027-ocgou

Old 01-25-2021, 09:30 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Well the SA travel ban is, as you know, is to do with a new variant of COVID.

The "muslim" travel ban was for what?

I agree that the difference in reporting the bans has been stark, but I do believe you are comparing apples to oranges.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:31 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post

I agree that the difference in reporting the bans has been stark, but I do believe you are comparing apples to oranges.

LOL... well at least you are consistent. "my ban good your ban bad".

got it.

For the record Mr. Biden said Trumps ban on china travel was racist...…

Old 01-25-2021, 09:39 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:

His point is that there was no “Muslim ban”.

There are around 50 Muslim majority nations in the world. Trump’s alleged “Muslim ban” affected 5 of those nations.

This was another in a long line of leftist lies promulgated over the last 4 years that the brain dead bought into wholeheartedly when all the evidence refuting it was right in their ugly faces.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

got it.

Biden's not my man, not by a long shot.

But you continue, all I asked was for the reasoning behind the Trump travel ban on select Islamic nations.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
His point is that there was no “Muslim ban”.

There are around 50 Muslim majority nations in the world. Trump’s alleged “Muslim ban” affected 5 of those nations. It was another in a long line of leftist lies promulgated over the last 4 years that the brain dead bought into wholeheartedly when all the evidence refitting it was right in their faces.
That's why I put it in quotes.

I asked for the reason behind the ban. I know full well how many nations were effected.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceB View Post
Do you really not know? These were countries with large terror concerns that also lacked the ability for proper vetting of the people coming from them. The countries were designated this way by the Obama admin, by the way. Not by Trump. In fact, it's the Trump admins phenomenal foreign policy that even removed Sudan (95% muslim) from the state sponsor of terror list.
No, that's why I asked. I wasn't in the country at the time and missed all the hoo-ha.

I have no bother with the President of a nation keeping the country safe if the state the people are entering from are unable to vet people accordingly regardless of religion/creed/color/race then there absolutely should be restrictions in place.

Both bans are valid IMO.

Interesting however, that Saudi Arabia where most of 9/11 highjackers and the murderers of Khashoggi come from have never been under any restrictions anywhere and have free roam. Very odd.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

got it.

So, why don't you justify the title of this thread about a "racist travel ban" or should we just assume with you it's baaaad because it's Biden?

Quote:

Link, including context?

Old 01-25-2021, 10:08 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Biden's not my man, not by a long shot.

But you continue, all I asked was for the reasoning behind the Trump travel ban on select Islamic nations.
Those "select Islamic nations" were on a much larger list of countries that the Obama Administration determined had lax procedures for vetting potential or active terrorists.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:10 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, why don't you justify the title of this thread about a "racist travel ban" or should we just assume with you it's baaaad because it's Biden?

Link, including context?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bi...mp-xenophobic/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies