Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 10:06 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQXVQ0RbFzA Great video. If you have had Covid you have a 2 in 10,000 chance of becoming reinfected. Only 1 person in 43,000 had a severe reinfection. Certainly if you have had Covid in the past and you want to get vaccinated by all means do so. However they should be letting people know the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 10:14 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
Thanks, I figured those cases of reinfection were of little concern and there is virtually no chance of being reinfected. Are they recommending vaccination for people who had covid?

Old 01-24-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Thanks, I figured those cases of reinfection were of little concern and there is virtually no chance of being reinfected. Are they recommending vaccination for people who had covid?
Yes they are pushing vaccines even if you have had Covid. Like I said I do not knock anyone who wants the shot. I just think they should really let people know what the risk for reinfection is.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:25 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,592,767 times
I found this guy recently on youtube his name is Dr. Berg but after falling into the trap of watching his videos i found out shortly that he is only a chiropractor so I don't trust everything he talks about.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I found this guy recently on youtube his name is Dr. Berg but after falling into the trap of watching his videos i found out shortly that he is only a chiropractor so I don't trust everything he talks about.
I hear you. However this is a pretty comprehensive study. He is not stating his opinion. He is just quoting the study.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:04 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
I'm not sure where the link is getting their data, but I've researched this quite a bit. The first confirmed re-infection wasn't until mid October. To date, the number of confirmed re-infections is incredibly low, less than 10 in this country, possibly still less than 5. Out of well over 20 million cases now. Meaning someone that of those infected, 99.9999+% have NOT been re-infected. Literally, less than one in 2 million cases. So, why are those people being pushed to now get a vaccine that is at best 95% infected-with known side effects.

Old 01-25-2021, 01:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes they are pushing vaccines even if you have had Covid. Like I said I do not knock anyone who wants the shot. I just think they should really let people know what the risk for reinfection is.
My theory as to why they are pushing vaccinations for those who have already had Covid is that they are well aware statistically there could be at least 50% false positives due to the Cycle Threshold Values in PCR testing that were set at a level outside of the normal range of such testing.

In other words, if you were asymptotic or only had mild symptoms that you’d have normally called a cold, you may not have immunity because you didn’t really have it to begin with, despite the positive test results, so you probably do want to get the vaccine. If you had weird Covid symptoms, such as loss of smell, don’t worry about the vaccine - you’re good.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-...-pcr.pdf?la=en

Old 01-25-2021, 03:33 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,433 times
2 in 10,000 chances is still not herd immunity. There is a slight possibility you can catch it again. Has to be down to zero chances and herd immunity for it to be safe. Cannot get the disease again. According to Dr. Fauci, in one of the articles, 70% to 85% of the population needs to be vaccinated in order for herd immunity to take place.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:42 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
When people start a thread and use the words “facts about” in the title, I can assume that their post will include some random dude in a YouTube video trying to discredit prevailing scientific thought.

This one is even better because at the end he tries to sell you on his Keto diet plan. So it goes.....

Old 01-25-2021, 07:47 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times
The headline from the Dec NYT article seems to sum it up best:

"The new vaccines will probably prevent you from getting sick with Covid. No one knows yet whether they will keep you from spreading the virus to others — but that information is coming."

In other words, we have to keep wearing the masks, even if we are vaccinated and immune, until epidemiologists understand better how the disease spreads.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/h...cine-mask.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies