Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 01:22 PM

148 posts, read 45,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
It is true that God does not approve of homosexuality, however, I don’t get hung up on the marriage issue. It will not be a marriage that is recognized by God, But who cares if the State does? In addition, just because I don’t believe homosexuality to be part of God’s plan does not mean I dislike them. I have friends who are gay. I still love them as human beings just like I believe God does.

God supposedly created all, straight, narrow, wide, homo whatever...get over it.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I don't hate Christians but some of the most hateful, judgemental people I've known considered themselves to be "good Christians".

A couple of years ago there was a town hall meeting in our town to debate passing an ordinance which would prevent discrimination against LGBTs in the workplace. Whenever someone stood up to speak and immediately identified themselves as a Christian, I knew how their comments were going to go.
And that's when you see people criticize the religion.....it's when folks use that religion to defend THEIR views and dismiss someone else's.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not a Christian and I used to think the 'war on Christianity' was a made up thing. Spending time on this board assures me it is not made up. So why does the left hate Christianity so much?

Can you show some specific examples of "the left" hating Christianity?

Or are you confusing disdain for those who seek to impose their personal religious dogma on the law of the land and/or others with hate?

Old 01-24-2021, 01:27 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
It is true that God does not approve of homosexuality, however, I don’t get hung up on the marriage issue. It will not be a marriage that is recognized by God, But who cares if the State does? In addition, just because I don’t believe homosexuality to be part of God’s plan does not mean I dislike them. I have friends who are gay. I still love them as human beings just like I believe God does.
I agree with most of that.

Recognizing that there is no such thing as homosexual "marriage" is not about hating anyone, certainly including people who engage in homosexual conduct. They are sinners, as are we all. That does not justify the sin or the sinners. Of course that can only happen through the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Just because so many of the people who are supportive about the entirely un-Biblical idea of homosexual "marriage" hate Christians, it should not follow that Christians hate them. I certainly don't and I do not know of any other Christians who do either.

We are getting back to a point where Christians are increasingly going to be identifying themselves as citizens of the Kingdom of God and realizing that while they are in the world, they are not of the world. Your comments about what the state does appear to me to be consistent with that.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Recognizing that there is no such thing as homosexual "marriage" is not about hating anyone, certainly including people who engage in homosexual conduct. They are sinners, as are we all. That does not justify the sin or the sinners. Of course that can only happen through the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Just because so many of the people who are supportive about the entirely un-Biblical idea of homosexual "marriage" hate Christians, it should not follow that Christians hate them. I certainly don't and I do not know of any other Christians who do either.
You don't have the right to force the rest of society to obey you. In your fundamentalist Baptist church you have every right to kick out gay people and scream slurs at them if you want. When it comes to the state though? The Constitution is the law of the land, not the Bible.

And yes, wanting to deny people their rights and force them into torture therapy simply because you are too offended by their existence is in fact hate, even if you want to call it the tough love of God.

And who are you to tell Christian denominations such as the Episcopal church that affirm LGBT people that they aren't free to practice their faith just you are yours?

Old 01-24-2021, 01:34 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You don't have the right to force the rest of society to obey you. In your fundamentalist Baptist church you have every right to kick out gay people and scream slurs at them if you want. When it comes to the state though? The Constitution is the law of the land, not the Bible.

And yes, wanting to deny people their rights and force them into torture therapy simply because you are too offended by their existence is in fact hate, even if you want to call it the tough love of God.

And who are you to tell Christian denominations such as the Episcopal church that affirm LGBT people that they aren't free to practice their faith just you are yours?
A lot of hate in that post.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:38 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
I have a strong dislike for the republican version of christianity. I have tremendous respect for the teachings of Jesus from the New Testament.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

We are getting back to a point where Christians are increasingly going to be identifying themselves as citizens of the Kingdom of God and realizing that while they are in the world, they are not of the world. Your comments about what the state does appear to me to be consistent with that.

What is it about other than refusing to accept the law of the land which says there is such a thing?

Old 01-24-2021, 01:39 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
A lot of hate in that post.
Having grown up Baptist, I know that anything short of obeying you and living exactly as you say is hate and "persecution" against you.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:42 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not a Christian and I used to think the 'war on Christianity' was a made up thing. Spending time on this board assures me it is not made up. So why does the left hate Christianity so much?
I'm not a Christian myself.

The far left Marxist crowd does not like Christianity. They want the state to be the center of people's lives.

If you are independently thinking person that puts God and family in front of the state that way of thinking doesn't live with the collectivist mindset of the far left, again , Marxist crowd.

The far left crowd seems to value a "judgement free" view on things. To the point of ridiculousness in some ways.

Christianity has formal structures and framework and tenets of how to live your life, some of which do indeed has judgement built in.

I could probably go on but the core is the state is the all mighty, not your silly little God.

Last edited by Chowhound; 01-24-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies